• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing I can appreciate about Dishonoreds mechanics is that they give you a non-kill way to death with the missions...something you really don't see (I'm looking at you Deus Ex : HR).

The part I can't stand is the lack of self shadows. You can stand right in front of a spot light and it passes right through you.

That being said...I've finally mastered Blink>Throat Stab. They don't stand a chance.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
What happened to him by the way? Is he banned or did he just leave? Reading these Steam threads without a game being called utter shit on every other page feels weird. I rather miss it.

I mean, if you need that I can be it. Just start talking about Serious Sam or Borderlands.

The one thing I can appreciate about Dishonoreds mechanics is that they give you a non-kill way to death with the missions...something you really don't see (I'm looking at you Deus Ex : HR).

The part I can't stand is the lack of self shadows. You can stand right in front of a spot light and it passes right through you.

That being said...I've finally mastered Blink>Throat Stab. They don't stand a chance.

But you can do a no kills run in DE:HR, there's even a achievement for it.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)

Yeah, it was neat. I even got this the first time I beat it:

aujhUyv.png

Just realized I never met
the Pendleton brothers
in any of my runs, lol. I should try to do it differently next time I have the game installed.

Grief.exe

I just thought of something and it made me laugh a bit.

I built my computer in 2010 and it is considerably more powerful than the PS4.

Does that mean I've been playing cross-gen games for the last 3 years?

I just thought of something and it made me laugh a bit.

I built my computer in 2010 and it is considerably more powerful than the PS4.

Does that mean I've been playing cross-gen games for the last 3 years?

I think in some cases you were, when the devs put a little extra effort in the PC versions of their games.

Megasoum

Banned
Hey I actually have some of the games that have been removed.... I feel special now lol.

There's definitly a couple of games on that list that I would gladly buy if I had the chance.

Sid Meier's Railroad + a couple others.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
To be fair the non-killing options for the main targets in Dishonored are usually a fate worse than death! :p
Most memorable to me is after you're done with
Lady Boyle, Brisby is going away on the boat with her, that creeptastic mask and the "she'll have her entire life" speech,
and all you can do is go "oh well, I guess that's that...".

nexen

The nonlethal primary target takedowns in Dishonored were great.

It would've been easy for it to be disappointing not to slaughter these people because some of them really deserve it. It totally isn't though. Each non-violent conclusion was very satisfying. Kudos to Arkane for that.

The nonlethal primary target takedowns in Dishonored were great.

It would've been easy for it to be disappointing not to slaughter these people because some of them really deserve it. It totally isn't though. Each non-violent conclusion was very satisfying. Kudos to Arkane for that.

really looking forward to the 2nd playthrough now

Nabs

I don't know if it's true, but I see someone on twitter saying the new Humble Bundle will have games like Hotline Miami, Proteus, Little Inferno, Dear Esther, Thomas Was Alone, Awesomenauts and Capsized.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I don't know if it's true, but I see someone on twitter saying the new Humble Bundle will have games like Hotline Miami, Proteus, Little Inferno, Dear Esther, Thomas Was Alone, Awesomenauts and Capsized.

That would be one of the most insane bundles ever put together if it's all true. I was able to buy into the rumor with Thomas Was Alone and Capsized but all of those? Damn.

Damn.

Someone was saying Thomas Was Alone, and Capsized, earlier. That would be a fantastic bundle though, rivaling HB5.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Yeah, that'd be a pretty crazy bundle. It makes sense that Hotline Miami just got the opengl version working, too.

oh snap. Instabuy

I think that might beat the bundle that had Bastion, Lone Survivor, Limbo, Braid, etc. HB5 I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom