• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atruvius

If you would like to have the really awesome game Hotline Miami, just quote this post to reveal the steam key and claim it as yours!

Caerith

Amazon sales for today have started. Prices just switched over. A couple haven't switched over yet and some titles say unavailable, but they just haven't went up yet--don't panic.

Here are the new deals again for the half-pagers:

5/29-5/31
"All the Trappings" is Challenge Pack 1, "Hazardous Reunion" is Challenge Pack 2, but "Things That Go Boom" (Challenge Pack 3) isn't listed and the page for it says unavailable. Curious omission, wonder if it might go up later anyway.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
"All the Trappings" is Challenge Pack 1, "Hazardous Reunion" is Challenge Pack 2, but "Things That Go Boom" (Challenge Pack 3) isn't listed and the page for it says unavailable. Curious omission, wonder if it might go up later anyway.

Amazon's not good about stuff like this, so probably not. It's $1.74 on Gamestop right now and it'll probably be a dollar during the summer sale, though.

I will send a message to Tony about it right now anyway, to see if he can make it work.

Edit: Sent

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So does Thomas Was Alone's puzzles ever really use the real time switching? I just encountered it in the puzzle with the blue square and red rectangle (2.4 I think). I wasn't planning on playing that long but I got caught up in it.

Also, I was not expecting there to be a story with it. I was listening to a podcast while playing it and only noticed the text wasn't tutorial stuff but narration about half way through world 1. That's kinda weird, though thankfully you can turn off the voice over independently of the music and sound effects.
Yes, pretty much all of the latter puzzles require switching between the different characters. That's another thing I loved about this game: I was afraid it would become repetitive and stale, but it did not. It always managed to add a little twist here and there, and I didn't want to stop playing till I got to the end (didn't finish it in a single sitting, though).

The narration is nice too. At first I was a little confused about the story, but after reading some posts about it on GAF it felt way more clear and I could understand it well.

Nillansan

So how is the port for Bully: Scholarship Edition? I keep hearing the controls are bad. Is it a good port?

The game was in a horrendous state at launch, but they have patched it up quite a bit since then. I've managed to play through the entire game with keyboard and mouse, but I am definitely going to use a controller for my second play through.

Tomodachi

I made the mistake of starting The Cave with a joypad. I tried mouse controls by chance and they're way better. Just letting anyone who might think it's a normal platform know.

cicero

Doesn't work for me, Firefox has trouble opening the page with my key and if I try the direct link, it says ' Sorry! You can only download one code.'

Well, that would be great if I could see my first code...

You might try using a proxy and that url then. I got another code for a friend doing that. Also, once you get to the code page, don't refresh. You will get that 'Sorry!' page after that.

Lumine

Without reading this thread first I ran into the same problem as some. It gave me a mysql error at first and trying again it tells me I can only get one code. Except I never got it. :(

jeremiahg

Neo Member
New to the forums, but have been stalking this thread for a while. Just wanted to thank the contributors. It has been exceptionally helpful for Steam bargain-hunting.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Tried it this way, first it gave a MySQL error, now I get the old error code again. This promotion is BS.

same here.

question on the humble bundles, if I just purchased one and already have Hotline miami on steam, if I put in the steam code for that do I get a giftable copy?

Nabs

It looks like Toki Tori 2 is on it's way to Steam (PC/MAC). It'll have upgraded graphics, gameplay tweaks, and level sharing via the Steam Workshop. Pre-order soonish?

/twitter stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom