• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
But I bought Shadow Warrior on GOG! That is unfair! I demand my money back!

Just kidding. This is nice of them.

It was going to be free regardless. Making the game F2P was just easier than getting more keys, I suppose. A later Twitter post mentions the game will be F2P forever, but I'm pretty sure it's a joke.

Grief.exe

Rocket posted an image while testing the upcoming Day Z Stand Alone

BLbjCH0CQAAiT8R.png:large

Grief.exe

I feel like a dipshit buying Arma 2 last summer sale but never getting around to playing DayZ.

You only hurt your self by not experiencing the game.

The good thing is the stand alone is right around the corner.

Public alpha is looking to start up mid-June at the earliest.

Which, unfortunately for me, is right when Summer classes start. I'll make time for Day Z.

TheExodu5

Banned
Anyone have extra copies of Chivalry or CS GO for sale? My roomate wants them but I feel terrible having him buy them at full price when they were both just on sale last week.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Bah, the bandwidth limiting for Steam doesn't work. I tried limiting to 1MB/s but Steam keeps downloading 2MB/s or more. If you wonder why I am watching some Ashens vids before going to sleep since I plan on leaving Steam to download as it pleases while I snooze.

ShaneB

BTW, selling $200 steam credit for $190 if anyone is interested :)

My opinion.. you'll fare much better with smaller increments. The idea if spending 190$ to save 10 dollars isn't so appealing :p

Say, 30$ for 40$ SC is more appealing. You get 5 interested people instead of maaaybe 1 eventually.

JaseC

My opinion.. you'll fare much better with smaller increments. The idea if spending 190$ to save 10 dollars isn't so appealing :p

Say, 30$ for 40$ SC is more appealing. You get 5 interested people instead of maaaybe 1 eventually.

I'm guessing the credit is in the form of Steam Wallet codes, in which case he'll only be able to offer increments that tie into their nominated value. For instance, if they're 4x $50 codes, then the lowest he can go is $x for $50.

ShaneB

I'm guessing the credit is in the form of Steam Wallet codes, in which case he'll only be able to offer increments that tie into their nominated value. For instance, if they're 4x $50 codes, then the lowest he can go is $x for $50.

Ah.... that does make logical sense :p Ignore my advice than!

JaseC

Ah.... that does make logical sense :p Ignore my advice than!

Haha, I do agree that the credit should be divided into smaller amounts if somebody hasn't already bitten. $190 for the lot, while you are getting a further $10, is a fair chunk of cash.

Edit: I probably won't bother with PFX2 until it's 75% off. The cost of those tables certainly adds up.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It's really cool letting my younger sister play Tomb Raider on my Steam account logged into offline mode while I use the account normally at the same time. Fantastic singleplayer feature.

JaseC

It's really cool letting my younger sister play Tomb Raider on my Steam account logged into offline mode while I use the account normally at the same time. Fantastic singleplayer feature.

If you're offline-compatible, you're really offline. Or something.

ShaneB

Haha, I do agree that the credit should be divided into smaller amounts if somebody hasn't already bitten. $190 for the lot, while you are getting a further $10, is a fair chunk of cash.

Edit: I probably won't bother with PFX2 until it's 75% off. The cost of those tables certainly add up.

Yeah, simple economics man! :p I've had ms points in my account sitting around for ages that I wish I could give away :( or just gift games in exchange for cash, etc etc

Pinball FX2 has been so fun, but yeah, I want to get all the tables on sale. Maybe I might bite on Epic Quest though...

I got Tomb Raider gifted as a birthday present, been playing it and enjoying it a fair amount, but not really loving it so much. Maybe it just feels like another third person action game so far, I like the puzzle tombs.

Yeah, simple economics man! :p I've had ms points in my account sitting around for ages that I wish I could give away :( or just gift games in exchange for cash, etc etc

Pinball FX2 has been so fun, but yeah, I want to get all the tables on sale. Maybe I might bite on Epic Quest though...

I got Tomb Raider gifted as a birthday present, been playing it and enjoying it a fair amount, but not really loving it so much. Maybe it just feels like another third person action game so far, I like the puzzle tombs.

Don't lean too much on those puzzle tombs. They are criminally underutilized.

Yeah I think it's only $25 and $50 right? So maybe $100 credit for $95? Well if anyone is interested just PM me :)

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
aww what the ninja tower game was 2.99 I purchased it and got an authorisation error, they took my money but no game. :/

message sent to steam, but wtf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom