• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I got a Boolean error :(

It's in the badges section for cards. Potential drop is listed there. Usually it's half of the set. Exp is earned with all badges. The newer badges can be leveled up. There are also foil badges. The badges themselves don't look foil though.

Weird, I checked my badges page and I don't see any cards.

um....why does Steam not remove items from my Wishlist automatically when I add them to my library? That's pretty awkward.

I wish it were out of beta so we could actually get these cards to drop in value on the Market due to a massive influx. Their prices are holding far too stable at the moment :(

Which is great for selling. Up to $13 is steambux

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
um....why does Steam not remove items from my Wishlist automatically when I add them to my library? That's pretty awkward.

Steam was inadvertently built upon inconvenience. Even after all this time there are still some kinks to work out. :p

Chronoja

It doesn't, atleast when I got CS GO it stayed on my wishlist.

CS:GO is an anomaly. I noticed it myself. I added CS:GO to my wishlist ages ago (when it first went up in coming soon) and then when it recently went on sale I noticed that the game's store page and list entry using Enhanced Steam was suggesting that it was not on my wishlist. It seems they changed entries or something at some point so the wishlisted version is not exactly the same as the version in the store. Just an oddity but like others said, usually steam will remove the entry from the wishlist if bought through steam. Redeeming codes is another matter though.

Sini

CS:GO is an anomaly. I noticed it myself. I added CS:GO to my wishlist ages ago (when it was in beta) and then when it recently went on sale I noticed that the game's store page and list entry using Enhanced Steam was suggesting that it was not on my wishlist. It seems they changed entries or something at some point so the wishlisted version is not exactly the same as the version in the store. Just an oddity but like others said, usually steam will remove the entry from the wishlist if bought through steam. Redeeming codes is another matter though.

Deus Ex: HR has the same thing if you added it to wishlist before it got released.

JaseC

I'm downloading Shadow Warrior at the moment, so the app is up.

Edit: Unless you were referring to the Facebook app and not the game itself. :p But evidently that's been ditched -- the app page no longer exists and the game being changed to F2P on Steam wouldn't have been done without Devolver's permission.

Edit edit: Disregard! Apparently the link doesn't work if you didn't redeem a key.

JaseC

Well, unless any of you have actually tried clicking "play game" it just takes you to the community hub and installs nothing. So it's either bugged or an error.

Odd, I got the pop-up to install it.

I should point out that since the link doesn't tie to the game to your account, it'll disappear from your library if you uninstall it. I assume Devolver will remove the F2P version from accounts once this little promo is over, but in case I'm wrong, there's your heads-up.

yaron777

I don't get it, it's 'free for a limited time' for everyone, but the ones that got a key have it forever in their library, which I do not. So if I uninstall it and I want to play it again in, let's say one year, I have to pay for it.

If anyone would be able to nab me a Shadow Warrior Classic code from the site I would be terrifically grateful - I'm not able to get it to work at all. There's a shitty bundle game in it for you!

JaseC

If anyone would be able to nab me a Shadow Warrior Classic code from the site I would be terrifically grateful - I'm not able to get it to work at all. There's a shitty bundle game in it for you!

The key generator has been taken down in favour of the game being F2P on Steam for a limited period. The downside to this is that those who managed to snag a key actually own the game while those who play it now do not -- F2P games disappear from your library when uninstalled.

derExperte

Thanks unknown dude who payed almost 20€ for a foil card. Your crazyness will fuel my summer sale.

If that thing is worth more in a few weeks on the other hand..

Megasoum

Banned
So if the game is f2p for a limited period of time... Does that mean that if I play it right now it will add the license to my account for once it goes back to paid app?

KingKong

Thanks unknown dude who payed almost 20€ for a foil card. Your crazyness will fuel my summer sale.

If that thing is worth more in a few weeks on the other hand..

not a chance, there will basically be an unlimited supply of foil cards from all the games that will get added to the program. Some people are crazy enough to spend $100 to get a different looking badge I guess

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
This is the first time I've noticed that all links on GAF are being redirected through viglink.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom