• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The key generator has been taken down in favour of the game being F2P on Steam for a limited period. The downside to this is that those who managed to snag a key actually own the game while those who play it now do not -- F2P games disappear from your library when uninstalled.
Do you have any idea if the keys will still work in 6 hours? I won't be home before then, and I'd like to be able to redeem the one I got.

Varg

Banned
YESSS. Sword of the Stars was on my wishlist for quite a bit. Perfect time for a sale as I got 8 bucks from selling some TF2 items last night.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I posted something about Thomas Was Alone yesterday, but I'm posting about it again to inform all of you guys of how amazing it is. Play it. Every aspect of it is fantastic.

Steam code for Dear Esther.
Quote to reveal

Cheers

PS- I forgot how to do the hidden post so only members can get the key when quoting a post. I think I did it right.
claimed

here please
thanks

Cool, enjoy. Incredibly atmospheric. I recommend playing it all through in one sitting. It isn't very long.

Atruvius

Here there be two codes, one's for Awesomenauts, the other's for Awesomenauts special costume. Quote to reveal and claim them for yourself.

ta9qi

Steam code for Dear Esther.
Quote to reveal
Cheers
PS- I forgot how to do the hidden post so only members can get the key when quoting a post. I think I did it right.
claimed
Cool, enjoy. Incredibly atmospheric. I recommend playing it all through in one sitting. It isn't very long.
Thanks thats very kind of you
i was waiting to try this long ago, yeah some games you will get the full taste of it only if you play it in one sit like To the moon, sure i'll do the same here
thanks again, waiting for the pm to start attacking the game right now p=

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Oh man, I thought Shadow Warrior was going to be released updated like Duke Nukem 3D (I'd gladly pay money for it).

Are there any mods to make it somewhat windows native? DOSBOX games never, ever run correctly for me (missing sounds, speed all wonky, etc)

Tomodachi

Dear Esther anti-cut&paste code:

Zero Troll Dinosaurs Medievil Kutaragi Vvvvvv Wind Waker Rockstar Two Konnichiwa Five Nine Pid Lara

Hotline Miami anti-cut&paste code:

Zeta Six Six Policenauts Four Xenogears Discworld Quake Six Four Hola Jump Kitchen Youtube Puppies

I know, I'm a jerk.

ArjanN

Oh man, I thought Shadow Warrior was going to be released updated like Duke Nukem 3D (I'd gladly pay money for it).

Are there any mods to make it somewhat windows native? DOSBOX games never, ever run correctly for me (missing sounds, speed all wonky, etc)

It's cool that it's free, but the Duke 3D Megaton edition indeed makes this vanilla Sahdow Warrior version look very barebones.

I'm pretty sure they'll still have updated version later. (that probably won't be free)

Prezhulio

i wonder if valve has anything planned for the steam 10th anniversary in a few months...

hopefully they don't forego the summer sale, and they bring back a proper meta-event ala the summer camp!

ShaneB

I don't know why people are talking about Lunar Flight, that game is super old.

And it's already been in a giant bomb video anyway.

:( Well sorry Sir. You were the one who shared the hilarious ac-130 warthog video they did, I would've expected the same with this cockpit view in Lunar Flight. Sorry I am not up to date on whatever QL's there have been :p

Grief.exe

i wonder if valve has anything planned for the steam 10th anniversary in a few months...

hopefully they don't forego the summer sale, and they bring back a proper meta-event ala the summer camp!

With all the Steam Levels and Trading card implementation you would think they would have to.

We can only hope though.

:( Well sorry Sir. You were the one who shared the hilarious ac-130 warthog video they did, I would've expected the same with this cockpit view in Lunar Flight. Sorry I am not up to date on whatever QL's there have been :p

I just don't know why it popped up in the new releases again, it's been on steam awhile now hasn't it?

And here's the video they did: http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/flight-club-lunar-flight/2300-5898/ Don't know if you need to be a subscriber or not to watch it, but I think you do.

AkuMifune

Banned
I don't think so. The mission design is very rigid and the (uninteresting) gameplay mechanics can be irritatingly unforgiving. It drags on way too long too.

Nah, it holds up well. Especially considering it's PS2 origins.

It's up there with Red Dead for best Rockstar narrative and the setting is so unique that it's worth at least checking out.

And for $3.75? Absolutely! If I bought the Steam version I'd be quadruple dipping. lol.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I posted something about Thomas Was Alone yesterday, but I'm posting about it again to inform all of you guys of how amazing it is. Play it. Every aspect of it is fantastic.
Yup. If you think this game is fantastic, you're wrong. It's much better than that.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks thats very kind of you
i was waiting to try this long ago, yeah some games you will get the full taste of it only if you play it in one sit like To the moon, sure i'll do the same here
thanks again, waiting for the pm to start attacking the game right now p=
Nah, I played To the Moon in 3 sittings and it still moved me a lot. Great game experience, and beautiful music.

cicero

Dear Gabe,

The Steam thread on GAF agrees you should have a meta-game

-Grief

AOGl5Pc.gif

Knurek

So, I've been playing NBA 2k13 quite a lot recently... Are there any other good sport games on Steam other than PES 2013 and, uhh, Football Manager?

Dr Dogg

As much as I enjoyed some of the earlier meta games they did end up easy to abuse. As Grief says though what with the whole Trading Cards hooplah, when it opens up it kind of makes itself. Plus what with the Marketplace you can get more than just some nick nacks, dlc or coal for your hard work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom