• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Good stuff Orange. Lock those lurkers out of registering codes for a while, then you'll hit us with a Bioshock Infinite code.

I don't remember the Summer Camp in 2011 being abused. I thought that was great even though all I got were "knick-knacks". I actually played so many games I never had before, bought several games just to compete with friends, and was overjoyed to get rewards like the four cheap map packs for Defense Grid for free after earning tickets. No one was expecting free AAA titles, fun was had by all, I bought games just because of the competition and achievement aspect of the promotion, and overall the Steam sale was promoted. Everyone won.

this is the same experience my brother and I had. we bought and played a bunch of games that otherwise would have been missed in the frenzy of a steam sale and factoring for a chasm-like backlog.

Grief.exe

I don't remember the Summer Camp in 2011 being abused. I thought that was great even though all I got were "knick-knacks". I actually played so many games I never had before, bought several games just to compete with friends, and was overjoyed to get rewards like the four cheap map packs for Defense Grid for free after earning tickets. No one was expecting free AAA titles, fun was had by all, I bought games just because of the competition and achievement aspect of the promotion, and overall the Steam sale was promoted. Everyone won.

My experience as well.

Thomas was alone: B7BI*-XZ320-VTHMY

Awesomenauts: 6XFXI-5PGZJ-E0HZ*

* is a number

God I wish Awesomenauts got more popular. Such a fun game. Shortly after the last big sale which is where I first came across it, 9/10 matches would require bots to fill the gaps though which sucks.

God I wish Awesomenauts got more popular. Such a fun game. Shortly after the last big sale which is where I first came across it, 9/10 matches would require bots to fill the gaps though which sucks.

At least it has bots. It is always kinda sad to see when a community wont even form itself. I tried to play Air Bucaneers one week ago and even though it got released 2 months ago, there were only 4 players online. And that is kinda sad considering people worked hard on this game and supposedly I even heard it is fun.

ScOULaris

I've got a Steam Key for Thomas Was Alone if anyone wants it. It's a great little platformer/puzzle game with charming narration.

First person to quote this will get the key via PM. :)

ScOULaris

PM'ing you now.
3AQmK.gif

celebi23

So, the first 3 people to quote me get a choice of Hotline Miami, Alan Wake Collector's Edition or Alan Wake's American Nightmare. First come, first serve. Ready, set GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom