• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Gave Capsized a quick try earlier. It's basically Trine with a sci-fi setting. Which is to say, it's a 2D physics manipulation platformer that's designed for keyboard+mouse. Not too fond of that sort of control scheme to be honest -- WASD for 2D movement always felt awkward to me.

But Trine is good :(

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Gave Capsized a quick try earlier. It's basically Trine with a sci-fi setting. Which is to say, it's a 2D physics manipulation platformer that's designed for keyboard+mouse. Not too fond of that sort of control scheme to be honest -- WASD for 2D movement always felt awkward to me.

I played the entirety of Trine on a pad. I just turned up the joystick speed.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

Why do you have to diss Trine like that. Capsized is flaming dog shit, Trine 1/2 are fantastic.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Trine is just one of those seriously underrated games. Some people say it is one of the most boring games ever, but I think it deserves to be right at the top of that list.

Trine 1 had spirit but I felt it wasn't all quite there, Trine 2 though was a blast from the word go and ain't nobody gonna badmouth it.

Grief.exe

Kcknjz7.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Do you have any idea if the keys will still work in 6 hours? I won't be home before then, and I'd like to be able to redeem the one I got.

I don't see why it wouldn't have. The game is still in my library so it appears that the few keys the app did dispense weren't revoked.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You know what would be useful, being able to add a key to your inventory instead of library
I'd be glad just by being able to redeem a key through the website. That way I wouldn't even need to launch the client to do so, and I could do it from my phone.

Pandemic

It seems fairly solid. The dynamic campaign has a rushed feel to it and it doesn't explain itself well, but it plays fine. The dynamic campaign is so different than the campaign in W:EE that it threw me off a little. I think future patches will clean it up a little better, but the gameplay is well beyond that of W:EE, in my limited experience playing both games. Fixed-wing aircraft add a much necessary dynamic to the game.

Mainly, most people have issue with the 20 minute-per-campaign-battle time limit, the omniscient AI (which is my biggest issue, since something that is omniscient isn't really AI is it?), and the lack of being able to play any amount of players on smaller maps. Some people still mention balance issues, but I think that is an on-going issue in any RTS or strategy game.

I would personally like to see them make a more open-ended campaign (there are current 4 choices, based on length, difficulty, and starting nation) to make it feel more like the Total War campaigns. As it stands, the original (easy) campaign is quite linear and scripted. Apparently it opens up though and options become wider and more dynamic.

Overall, the single player campaign is rushed, but solid. Multiplayer has minor balancing issues, but it is the same deep Wargame, apparently. Aircraft and the added units make decks more interesting and the potential of variation nearly limitless. Some more campaign polish and redone/improved AI could make it one of the better RTS available on the market.

Interesting. I can get it for $32 from GMG, which is pretty cheap if you ask me.. Might pick it up.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't see why it wouldn't have. The game is still in my library so it appears that the few keys the app did dispense weren't revoked.
They didn't. Of course, knowing my luck I'm not surprised. It was a shame, as I had got 5 keys, of which I was going to gift 4 here.

I'm expecting the same thing to happen tomorrow night with my Yes' tickets. I accidentally cut the die, so I don't know if I'll be allowed to enter with (what they may think is) an adulterated ticket. Though this time I'm not planning on giving any tickets or albums away :p

JaseC

They didn't. Of course, knowing my luck I'm not surprised. It was a shame, as I had got 5 keys, of which I was going to gift 4 here.

I'm expecting the same thing to happen tomorrow night with my Yes' tickets. I accidentally cut the die, so I don't know if I'll be allowed to enter with (what they may think is) an adulterated ticket. Though this time I'm not planning on giving any tickets or albums away :p

Ah, bugger. :(

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
-->All existing Steam activated deals can be found in this post<--

Reminder of new [Amazon] deals. They're all up at this point:

5/29-5/31
New:

[Gamestop] - Daily

• Just Cause 2 Bundle - $5.49
    • Just Cause 2
    • Just Cause 2: Agency Hovercraft
    • Just Cause 2: Black Market Aerial Pack
    • Just Cause 2: Black Market Boom Pack
    • Just Cause 2: Bull's Eye Assault Rifle
    • Just Cause 2: Chevalier Classic
    • Just Cause 2: Monster Truck
    • Just Cause 2: Rico's Signature Gun
[GMG] - use code GMG20-LLASD-D8WBQ for an additional 20% discount

Bit cheaper than Steam. It's around the same price on Nuuvem.

The 65% loyalty discount for Armada 2526 Gold on Steam is working again, making it $6.99 if you already own Armada 2526. I e-mailed Iceberg Interactive about it and it seems they got it fixed until July 1st. Not many of my friends own the base game but I thought I'd note.

JaseC

Huh, as it turns out I have played through Half-Life 2 more than once:

I must have ran through Half-Life 2 (and presumably Episode One) a second time in preparation for Episode Two.

Still, I haven't touched the series since 2007 (if you exclude the brief tram ride I took last year in the original... and the fact I'm currently idling for cards in HL2), so my resolve is strong!

JaseC

I'd like Valve to meet in the middle: keep the drop counts as-is, encouraging you to engage with the community for the other half of the set, but have them reset when you level up a badge.

sheaaaa

Do I have this right? I just keep the Borderlands 2 launcher open, and I'll get trading cards?

Seems pretty pointless but I'm not complaining!

JaseC

Anymore codes? :( I just get mysql errors :(
The key generator has been taken down in favour of the game being F2P on Steam for a limited period. The downside to this is that those who managed to snag a key actually own the game while those who play it now do not -- F2P games disappear from your library when uninstalled.

Edit: b10.

Xanathus

edit: nevermind :/

Might as well not let this post go to waste. Anybody here want a code of LA Noire Complete for $4? I want to get the Max Payne 3 + LA Noire bundle on Amazon but I already have LA Noire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom