• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellix

I'm confused. Did I become rich?

BC64T8i.png

KingKong

Just played some Shadow Warrior, I know people said it's racist but wow is it racist.

Also started Thomas was alone and I don't know, I played the first ~15 levels and it was super easy and the narrator was more annoying than clever.

I'm confused. Did I become rich?

what is that?

NZNova

Does anyone know how the Shadow Warrior F2P thing works? It's only free for today right?

What seems to have happened is more or less this:

1. They plan to give away a bunch of Steam keys for Shadow Warrior to generate likes and social buzz for their new Shadow Warrior game.
  2. Someone fucks up, pushes out the key-dispensing app early. Facebook users flood it and nobody gets any keys.
  3. They apologize and say the app wasn't ready and we'll get our keys later.
  4. Someone hacks in and steals all the keys.
  5. Xu0ORU8.jpg
  6. They make the game free.

1. They plan to give away a bunch of Steam keys for Shadow Warrior to generate likes and social buzz for their new Shadow Warrior game.
  2. Someone fucks up, pushes out the key-dispensing app early. Facebook users flood it and nobody gets any keys.
  5. http://i.imgur.com/Xu0ORU8.jpg

Haha wow, looks like I missed a lot.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
You mean you don't like the mad scramble to copy-paste it into the Steam client and then activate it?

Well I buy the HIB so none of this stuff is useful to me, but I just mean in general it'd be handy. It'd be handy for the HIB itself as well, like, imagine just clicking your "get steam key" button and be able to click through to install it.

Well I buy the HIB so none of this stuff is useful to me, but I just mean in general it'd be handy. It'd be handy for the HIB itself as well, like, imagine just clicking your "get steam key" button and be able to click through to install it.

Would be handy.

Another useful thing? Being able to pick the game category on the install screen.

baconcow

Has anyone got Wargame: Airland Battle, any impressions on it?

It seems fairly solid. The dynamic campaign has a rushed feel to it and it doesn't explain itself well, but it plays fine. The dynamic campaign is so different than the campaign in W:EE that it threw me off a little. I think future patches will clean it up a little better, but the gameplay is well beyond that of W:EE, in my limited experience playing both games. Fixed-wing aircraft add a much necessary dynamic to the game.

Mainly, most people have issue with the 20 minute-per-campaign-battle time limit, the omniscient AI (which is my biggest issue, since something that is omniscient isn't really AI is it?), and the lack of being able to play any amount of players on smaller maps. Some people still mention balance issues, but I think that is an on-going issue in any RTS or strategy game.

I would personally like to see them make a more open-ended campaign (there are current 4 choices, based on length, difficulty, and starting nation) to make it feel more like the Total War campaigns. As it stands, the original (easy) campaign is quite linear and scripted. Apparently it opens up though and options become wider and more dynamic.

Overall, the single player campaign is rushed, but solid. Multiplayer has minor balancing issues, but it is the same deep Wargame, apparently. Aircraft and the added units make decks more interesting and the potential of variation nearly limitless. Some more campaign polish and redone/improved AI could make it one of the better RTS available on the market.

catabarez

5. Xu0ORU8.jpg

Keys were given out. A bunch of people on here got some.

HoosTrax

Gave Capsized a quick try earlier. It's basically Trine with a sci-fi setting. Which is to say, it's a 2D physics manipulation platformer that's designed for keyboard+mouse. Not too fond of that sort of control scheme to be honest -- WASD for 2D movement always felt awkward to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom