• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chronoja

Question: I'm probably going to preorder Gunpoint and I'm looking at the 3 available versions. I see the £20 "Exclusive Edition" states that you get the "Prototype Pack: 9 playable versions of the game from each stage of its development".

is that 9 additional entries in the steam list or are they off hidden in some folder?

olaznoG

Does GOG even have a friends list?

They do? You can trade other game cards or a whole bunch of other tradeable stuff that Valve games give you for free for just playing games. And if all else fails, you can buy them in the community market with free money you get by selling a whole bunch of useless shit Valve also gives you.

Anyway, quote to see Steam keys

Dear Esther
Capsized
Little Inferno
Patrician IV - Steam Special Edition
Patrician IV - Rise of a Dynasty DLC

Grabbed Capsized, thank you.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
One day you are going to own everything on Steam and then what will you do? Get a second account? Oh god I hope this doesn't give you ideas.

I will complain about it on GAF until I get banned and then make a new account. :p

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Question: I'm probably going to preorder Gunpoint and I'm looking at the 3 available versions. I see the £20 "Exclusive Edition" states that you get the "Prototype Pack: 9 playable versions of the game from each stage of its development".

is that 9 additional entries in the steam list or are they off hidden in some folder?
Probably hidden in a folder as basic executables.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Does GOG even have a friends list?

They do? You can trade other game cards or a whole bunch of other tradeable stuff that Valve games give you for free for just playing games. And if all else fails, you can buy them in the community market with free money you get by selling a whole bunch of useless shit Valve also gives you.

Anyway, quote to see Steam keys

Dear Esther
Capsized
Little Inferno
Patrician IV - Steam Special Edition
Patrician IV - Rise of a Dynasty DLC
Tried Little Inferno, but it's already taken. Ah well.
Thanks for the giveaway, dude! ^_^

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Booted up Half-Life 2, took a shower, received a trading card and quit.
Sold it for 0,44 cents.

Not bad. :p

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
There was a gaffer who wanted to nuked his whole steam and GAF accounts because he didn't like one game which he got for a dollar if I recall.
And we still don't know which game it was. Some people guessed BioShock Infinite, but I'm not sure.

It was actually on Tuesday, plus aren't we supposed to complain about 1 dollar games, That's the point of this topic isn't it?
No. We are supposed to BUY and never play them, not complain.

sibarraz

Banned
Sadly, no F2P cards are really expensive, paying 1 dollar for just one card is a lot

In the other hand, TF3 cards are reall cheap, and dota is in a middle term

I had a question, how required are humble bundle games after the sale ends? like could you get something interesting for the trading like cards?

I utilized the Download limiter yesterday and it worked as it should but I would love to see the ability to throttle specific downloads. Most of the time, I want it unlimited by default almost always but when I want to use the internet for Netflix or whatever, I'd like to just throttle whatever big download is coming in at that time, without the need to remember to go back and switch global setting again. Minor issue but I'd welcome the change.

An even crazy request would be a download limiter scheduler, where you set the limit for different times of day. I would limit the bandwidth for weekday evenings and for most of the day on weekends and never have to think about it again.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
[Bundle In A Box]
  • $1.99+
    • Blackwell Convergence
    • Blackwell Deception
    • Blackwell Legacy
    • Blackwell Unbound
    • Hacker Evolution Untold
    $4.53+
    • Hacker Evolution
    • Hacker Evolution Duality
    • Hamlet
    • Secret of the Magic Crystals

An even crazy request would be a download limiter scheduler, where you set the limit for different times of day. I would limit the bandwidth for weekday evenings and for most of the day on weekends and never have to think about it again.

Yeah can all be done externally, but built in as nice. Short of that, I'd love a 'shutdown when done' option in steam so I can just start downloads and go to bed.

JaseC

Great idea, don't forget to to make every avatar as DLC while the main game without any avatars is F2P.

Nah, I'll follow the Valve/CDPR approach of releasing DLC for free so as to reward existing customers and entice the more hesitant!

man, we're going to Community pretty soon aren't we.....

Finally got to the last 'area' in Dishonored with a High Chaos playthrough. Man, they don't fuck around with 'high chaos' do they. Soon as I get there
Samual
pulls a pretty dick move so I
shot him before he could 'warn everyone I was here'
which in turn....warned everyone that I was here. Oops.

Love the game so far

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
they were super popular in latin america and europe
Smart people over here. I'm dying for a Steam release.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

What are you going on about, I'm on topic!
Who else is complaining about bundle prices, besides you?

My first will be Saoirse Ronan Avatar Tycoon.
Can't wait for the crossover title with Morningbus' Rapelay/metroidvania/pinball game.

Tomodachi

Is it bad that I finished The Cave and have no intention of playing it again with different characters? I didn't enjoy it as I would have expected at first, it felt a great idea with questionable execution, controls being the main offenders. M+KB helps but they remain clunky.
Also, the narration really goes nowhere: I didn't except much from the ending but it kinda felt anticlimatic. Sure, the
"themed" character
puzzles are the main attraction, still what's the point of this great idea (not really a spoiler since it's obvious since the first 30 minutes
exploring the cave as going into yourself
) if you just outline silly short stories, although funny and all?

And in regards to funny, entertaining writing but generally not brilliant like I would have expected. Gilbert must be kinda rusty or something.

nexen

Is it bad that I finished The Cave and have no intention of playing it again with different characters? I didn't enjoy it as I would have expected at first, it felt a great idea with questionable execution, controls being the main offenders. M+KB helps but they remain clunky.
Also, the narration really goes nowhere: I didn't except much from the ending but it kinda felt anticlimatic. Sure, the
"themed" character
puzzles are the main attraction, still what's the point of this great idea (not really a spoiler since it's obvious since the first 30 minutes

And in regards to funny, entertaining writing but generally not brilliant like I would have expected. Gilbert must be kinda rusty or something.

I was excited to play this game because the first 30 minutes or so were very good. But the next hour was nothing but the same crap I had already done. Killed my interest dead immediately, given how many other games I have yet to play. Does the variety of the puzzles improve or does it keep rehashing the same things over and over again? My free time is super valuable these days :(

JaseC

"themed" character

IIRC, only the themed areas are different when using another character; the rest of the cave remains unchanged, so much (or most?) of the game plays out the same as before. In fewer words, you're not exactly missing out on much.

Edit: BHfhahfuaskhfas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom