• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

I don't see the point of this, to be honest. Not right after a $1 sale on the whole franchise has just ended.

I didn't know there was a $1 sale on it recently. I generally only check Steam and stumble across a deal here and there through my GAF browsing.

Caerith

But it's not an inconsistency; it's a regional (national, actually!) variation. Every single language has those, no exceptions. What's different about English (and perhaps some other languages? Japanese has a very similar pronunciation to Spanish, and pretty much consistent too) is that it has inconsistent pronunciations even within a regional variant (or, indeed, baseline English... if such a thing exists).

And I have to say it's charming as hell. There's a cliche in Spain that the Argentinian guys get all the (Spanish) girls, and I can't blame them, even I find it awesome.
The tough coughed as he ploughed the dough.

Now, for all these bundles, anyone know when the Just The Games You Need Bundle is going live?

Sober

So, was TWD save problem ever fixed?
I believe the problem was people quitting too early before the episode had a chance to load. Or something along those lines, so it was almost on the level of Batman Arkham City levels of "to not break your save games, wait for the loading logo to finish" or something like that.

Caerith

I believe the problem was people quitting too early before the episode had a chance to load. Or something along those lines, so it was almost on the level of Batman Arkham City levels of "roll a d20 and save against bullshit" or something like that.
Fixed.

Grief.exe

Are the Telltale games better with keyboard and mouse or a controller?

It honestly doesn't matter, its not like you are doing too much precision aiming in the game.

Most of the game is just talking, with a portion of adventure game thrown in.

Grief.exe

Holy shit

I did not know the sheer amount of collectibles in Alan Wake.

If I went for all of those I just know it would ruin the experience entirely. Just going to unlock Nightmare and go from there.

Dr Dogg

Holy shit

I did not know the sheer amount of collectibles in Alan Wake.

If I went for all of those I just know it would ruin the experience entirely. Just going to unlock Nightmare and go from there.

You need to pick up 2 manuscript pages as part of the story but the rest you can leave. Likewise with radios and can pyramids. Unlocking nightmare is a good idea as some pages can only be obtained on that difficulty. Corking game though.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Jase, look at what you started. Now we're discussing language syntax, idiomatic inconsistencies and differences in phonetics. All because of Saoirse and her unpronounceable name.

demolitio

yeah I just checked and apparantly I have rising storm now! I didn't even realise I had the GOTY edition. Nice!

I believe the free Rising Storm edition for RO2 GOTY owners is locking you to a certain class from what I understand. That's why they had the 40% off Rising Storm for RO2 owners.

Either way, Rising Storm is a great game for a cheap price if you like RO's style of gameplay.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
[Nuuvem - 2 for $9.74]
  • Commandos Collection
    • Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines
    • Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty
    • Commandos II: Men of courage
    • Commandos III: Destination Berlin
  • Confrontation
  • Fallout: New Vegas (vanilla)
  • Hitman: Absolution
  • Risen 2: Dark Waters
  • The Cave
  • Total War: Shogun 2

Nabs

Arcade mode in Gunslinger has me hooked. I just tried KB/M for the first time and felt like a crackhead with incredible aim.

Wok

Ok guys I want to play borderlands but everytime I do I seem to lose track of time is there anyway to display the time in game without exiting to the desktop?

Alt+Enter shift+tab and look up.

1uRJd8Z.jpg

Isn't it shift+tab?

EDIT: I just checked the original post, old tab? :p

Damn, this thread is aggregating posts really fast.

Edit: Okay, old tab in fact.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Made 2,22 with Half-Life 2. Good, good.
Unto Team Fortress 2 and DOTA 2 cards. ^^D

Sober

You need to pick up 2 manuscript pages as part of the story but the rest you can leave. Likewise with radios and can pyramids. Unlocking nightmare is a good idea as some pages can only be obtained on that difficulty. Corking game though.
Just 5 seconds before I googled pyramids in Alan Wake I thought there was some even deeper conspiracy-level thing I completely missed while playing the game and grabbing some collectables.

Turns out you just shoot some cans arranged in a weird way as a thing.

Just 5 seconds before I googled pyramids in Alan Wake I thought there was some even deeper conspiracy-level thing I completely missed while playing the game and grabbing some collectables.

Turns out you just shoot some cans arranged in a weird way as a thing.

illuminati

Grief.exe

The amount of collectibles is ridiculous though, Remedy really went overboard.

100 coffee thermoses
91 manuscript pages
can pyramids
locations
TV shows
video games
secret stashes

That's insane.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
If anyone has a copy of Wallace and Gromit, I'll trade a Humble Weekly key containing Wallace and Gromit, Back to the Future, Sam and Max, Poker Night, Hector, and Puzzle Agent for Wallace and Gromit. It just feels so wasteful redeeming a key with 6+ games just to get one.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

100 coffee thermoses
91 manuscript pages
can pyramids
locations
TV shows
video games

That's insane.
Yo Steam user, we heard you like collectibles, so we put collectibles in your collectibles so you can collect while you collect.

ArjanN

100 coffee thermoses
91 manuscript pages
can pyramids
locations
TV shows
video games
secret stashes

That's insane.

The thermoses are the only really bad one though, because you can't check which ones you've already collected and they have no value of their own, unlike the manuscripts/TV shows etc.

100 coffee thermoses
91 manuscript pages
can pyramids
locations
TV shows
video games
secret stashes

That's insane.
I'd ignore most of that unless you really care about achievements. But the manuscripts and TV shows are worth tracking down. TV shows mostly.

I think the manuscripts are more important in American Nightmare since they
tell the story about what happened after he was trapped in the Darkness World

Spwn

Doesn't really look all that different from TWD, to be honest.

Well it is the same engine and only a year later. If it works and succeeds in creating great comic book looking visuals, I don't see a reason to change.

And what I've seen on screenshots, The Wolf Among Us will be an improvement from TWD despite that screenshot not really showing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom