• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandemic

I keep asking and asking, and I should probably make a thread soon, but has anyone purchased Wargame: Airland Battle? Any impressions would be appreciated.

Exuro

1366 x 768

I can only see lina's leg
This is what I get at 1080p.

jbaIR6FwBz6dIj.png

sibarraz

Banned
The level of the dota 2 badge and his hours played are ironic.

Pick up a game for $2.50 or less during the summer sale.

So many classic, and even some newer games, are at that price.

haha, I had been playing recently, nice game, I really wanted the lina bavkground, I relatively got it cheap plus I level up my profile

I actually got the rare background at level 3, thought that it will be more uncommon

What Change should I do to get a better look at my background?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
DmC -40%, finally! I wonder if it will go lower on the summer sale...

edit: this post is super late

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I am not sure if this has been posted but, apparently there's a Steam copy of The Testament of Sherlock Holmes - $4.99 on sale at Amazon. According to my friend 7extonly this gets you both the standard and pre-order subs on your account. So thanks to him for the heads up.

And for this reason it activates even if you've bought it on Steam, FWIW. You'll get a warning saying the pre-order hasn't been released, but your game count will go up.

(I know this because I just activated it. :p)

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
And for this reason it activates even if you've bought it on Steam, FWIW. You'll get a warning saying the pre-order hasn't been released, but your game count will go up.

(I know this because I just activated it. :p)

Yeah that was in his message, you're just way too fast and saw before I edited it in. =p

Congrats ;)

Blizzard

Banned
It went down right as I was going to buy Swapper. Wallet saved for today!

I think you may need a game on Greenlight. Can you check the Greenlight developer group on Steam for more info?
I don't have a game entry on Greenlight yet. The Greenlight dev group has the details though, and it looks like you're right.

Exeunt

I really wish Morrowind had a more dynamic soundtrack; I feel like it would be much more atmospheric if the music changed based on whether you were exploring an ancient crypt, or walking across a field, and so on, as opposed to just cycling through the same few tracks. I mean, I really like the music that's there, but that also makes me want more of it!

In the same vein, I really don't like talking to NPCs in new areas when I know 90% of them are going to just spout the same dialogue with minor variations based on their mood. I'm guessing this and the soundtrack are both technical or budget-based limitations, but they're still a bit of a stain on a really cool game in my opinion. I'd rather have some more interesting NPCs than the ability to read the books in the game when it gets right down to it.

I'm level 5 now, and I just enjoyed a little bloodbath by killing off the "bad people" in Balmora. I chose to do this the legal-ish way, so I had to
butter up the different members of the Camonna Tong, then taunt them into attacking me
. Again, this would've been more interesting with more dynamic NPC dialogue… oh well. Things got pretty intense when
three of them in the main area attacked me at once, and the bartender just watched
. I had to abuse quick saves and choke points in there a bit, but the quest was pretty interesting.

omg_mjd

Just noticed that after activating the Telltale Humble Bundle my Steam games count is now a nice even 100. :)

(Just got back into PC gaming a few months ago.)

Grief.exe

I really wish Morrowind had a more dynamic soundtrack; I feel like it would be much more atmospheric if the music changed based on whether you were exploring an ancient crypt, or walking across a field, and so on, as opposed to just cycling through the same few tracks. I mean, I really like the music that's there, but that also makes me want more of it!

In the same vein, I really don't like talking to NPCs in new areas when I know 90% of them are going to just spout the same dialogue with minor variations based on their mood. I'm guessing this and the soundtrack are both technical or budget-based limitations, but they're still a bit of a stain on a really cool game in my opinion. I'd rather have some more interesting NPCs than the ability to read the books in the game when it gets right down to it.

I'm level 5 now, and I just enjoyed a little bloodbath by killing off the "bad people" in Balmora. I chose to do this the legal-ish way, so I had to
butter up the different members of the Camonna Tong, then taunt them into attacking me
. Again, this would've been more interesting with more dynamic NPC dialogue… oh well. Things got pretty intense when
three of them in the main area attacked me at once, and the bartender just watched
. I had to abuse quick saves and choke points in there a bit, but the quest was pretty interesting.

I remember that exact quest from the first time I played Morrowind back on the xbox.

I basically hid in one of the downstairs rooms and had to abuse quicksave.

Exeunt

I remember that exact quest from the first time I played Morrowind back on the xbox.

I basically hid in one of the downstairs rooms and had to abuse quicksave.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who tried to do the quest early then! I know it would've been easier if I waited, but the premise was pretty interesting. I actually found a spot leading to the downstairs room where I could stand and have the last assailant (for me, the one with the sword) just stand still in the doorway until I decided to come out and hit her with a full-power attack—I ended up taking her down with 2 HP left. Did you
taunt them
, or
attack them outright
and avoid law enforcement?

Grief.exe

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who tried to do the quest early then! I know it would've been easier if I waited, but the premise was pretty interesting. I actually found a spot leading to the downstairs room where I could stand and have the last assailant (for me, the one with the sword) just stand still in the doorway until I decided to come out and hit her with a full-power attack—I ended up taking her down with 2 HP left. Did you
taunt them
, or
attack them outright
and avoid law enforcement?

Its been so long I honestly don't remember how I started that fight.

Exeunt

Its been so long I honestly don't remember how I started that fight.

Fair enough! I like that the game gives you options though, and doesn't just outright tell you what you should do. Like when NPCs give you directions: you can follow them, or just use the map and plot out your own route that lets you complete another objective along the way. Ah, freedom.

Had no idea you can bridge 2 ethernet ports together. Wifi for my router is disabled since its dropping so much. PC and PS3 on at the same time! My router is in a different room.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I was going to jump in early on Folk Tale but after reading around it seems the game is only a 30 min - 1 hour tutorial at the moment, so be warned it is very early access. Sandbox mode hasn't been added but it's going to be the focus of the game. Not enough there to sell me at the moment to pay $20 to alpha test a tutorial, but definitely going to keep an eye on it.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Is steam offline for anyone else? I can't seem to get out of offline mode. Everything else works, like the Steamshop. :/
EDIT: Lol, a simple reboot worked. Nevermind.
Weirdness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom