• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Valve will probably post an update in the STC group when it goes live. They Bleed Pixels will also get a set soon.

sibarraz

Banned
well, I bought the the Ultimate dreamcast pack

All games are redeemable on steam except.... the dreamcast colection

Well love to see it changed for steam DRM since it's the same price, but oh well

Chronoja

Can people from everywhere now buy games there ([Nuuvem])? It didn't work a while ago.

I've had no problems buying games from them from the U.K. The only time I seemed to encounter difficulty was in trying to buy NBA2k12 or 13 and they required you to have a U.S. based billing address set in your account details. For everything else though this wasn't required and payment is done through paypal.

The Decepticons in Transformers Dark of the Moon

nailed it

g007_citizen_kane_slow_clap.gif

Relax.MX

I find amazing how they could fail so much in FEAR 2, the first one have one of the best shooting gameplay, and is the same mechanic all the game, is almost monotonous, but the second is not satisfactory, or even have cheap scares, the story is also quite forgettable

I arrive with low expectations and still not exceeded

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So I could buy that while it's on sale with my card-money and make more card-money.
It's like a perpetual motion machine, but for Steam Wallet funds.

get card -> sell card -> buy game -> get card -> rinse, repeat

I bought it at 12-ish last holiday sale? Starts strong and ends up not living up to the promise.

For 3 bucks though, maybe worth it.
That "maybe" is a

atomsk
Party Pooper
(Today, 10:33 AM)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I find amazing how they could fail so much in FEAR 2, the first one have one of the best shooting gameplay, and is the same mechanic all the game, is almost monotonous, but the second is not satisfactory, or even have cheap scares, the story is also quite forgettable

Shame on you, I loved that game. The first one is better, but then again there are very few games that can compare to it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

All I kept hearing in the lead-up to FEAR 2's release was how "dumbed down" it was. Although decidedly average and but a shadow of its predecessor in virtually every respect, I don't regret the several hours I spent with it. Can't say I have any desire to play FEAR 3, though, even considering the inclusion co-op.

Zeknurn

With paid games, once you've used up your drops, you have to buy or trade for the remaining cards.

What they should do is let people buy the same game again to unlock additional trading card drops.

(Also buying a game again should increase your total game count)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That sounds like something JaseC would say!

Haha, I've already weighed in on what Valve should do:

I'd like Valve to meet in the middle: keep the drop counts as-is, encouraging you to engage with the community for the other half of the set, but have them reset when you level up a badge.

Sure, this flies in the face of the presumed idea being that you only level up a badge (or two) you particularly care about, but the community interaction element isn't lost.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Haha, I've already weighed in on what Valve should do:

Sure, this flies in the face of the presumed idea being that you only level up a badge (or two) you particularly care about, but the community interaction element isn't lost.

Well since Faerie Solitaire is getting badges I now know what my first foil will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom