• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
_45376609_mcgoohan_danger_226apcbs.jpg

secret agent?

danger man... lol

close, think of a number...

Nabs

Dunno if it's been posted, but if anyone picked up Sleeping Dogs on the cheap like me but didn't get the DLC yet, the whole pack is on sale at Amazon for $7.99.

You can find the link, this wei.

That's a pretty bad pack of DLC. Xelios broke it down here:

That's correct. It is not all the DLC. It doesn't even include two of the campaign DLC; people might be better off waiting for the Steam summer sale if they want it complete. The name of the pack has been changed from "Complete" to just "Bundle", but hasn't been updated in the OP.

Someone at Reddit posted this list regarding the DLC, which might be helpful to some buyers. The bold is what you get from Amazon.

Sleeping Dogs DLC

• Story DLC with collectibles and achievements (1-3 hours):
    • Nightmare in North Point (Horror themed campaign)
    • Zodiac Tournament (Action movie themed campaign)
    • Year of the Snake (Police campaign)
  • Mission DLC including vehicles and outfits (10-45 mins):
    • SWAT Pack (20 cop missions)
    • Street Racer Pack (3 races)
    • Police Protection Pack ("High Speed" mission)
    • Martial Arts Pack (Fight mission)
    • Triad Enforcer Pack (High speed and fight missions)
    • Wheels of Fury Pack (Supercar missions)
    • Weapons and moves including outfits:
    • Drunken Fist Pack (Fighting style)
    • GSP Pack (Flying Punch)
    • Screen Legends Pack (Sword)
    • Tactical Soldier Pack (Assault rifle w/ grenade launcher)
    • Square Enix Character Pack (3 weapons)
    • Monkey King Pack (One-handed staff)
  • Cosmetic DLC:
    • Deep Undercover Pack (Suit, car, CB radio decoration)
    • Retro Triad Pack (Outfits, van)
    • Gangland Style Pack (Tattoos)
    • Movie Masters Pack (3 costumes)
    • Law Enforcer Pack (2 outifts, 5 vehicles, baton)
  • Pay-To-Cheat:
    • High Roller Pack (Suit, car, money)
    • Top Dog Silver Pack (XP boost)
    • Top Dog Gold Pack (XP boost)
    • The Red Envelope Pack (Money collectibles)
  • Free DLC:
    • Community Gift Pack (Outfits, car)
    • Ghost Pig Pack (Outfits)
    • Valve T-Shirt Pack (Outfits, PC only)
    • High Resolution Texture Pack (PC only)

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Woops, my bad. It's still a horrible game, so I'm glad it wasn't Monolith's fault.

At the time as well Monolith held a renaming competition since they didn't have the rights to the FEAR name. So Project Origin won out but before release Warner Bros bought the name back and it became FEAR 2 - Project Origin. FEAR 3 was developed by Day 1 Studios.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
More crap. GMG kinda disappointing this weekend compared to how they've been doing.

[Gamersgate] - use code elder-geek.com for an additional 5% discount
[GMG] - use code GMG20-JLKSA-7A8HA for an additional 20% discount

drizzle

Axel Hertz
That's a pretty bad pack of DLC. Xelios broke it down here:

That's a pretty good guide. I'm using it to keep track of my Sleeping Dog DLC Woes now.

However, I really think it should be noted on that list, somehow, that the "Dragon Master Pack" is a compilation of 5 packs from different areas: The Police Protection Pack, the Martial Arts Pack, the Deep Undercover Pack, the GSP Pack, and the Triad Enforcer Pack

So people should buy that instead, when it goes up for sale, as opposed to those packs separately.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Borderlands 2 needs it's GOTY 4-pack out soon.

and yes Star Command Vita-ed too pls

That is the only reason why I didn't bvuy the game.

There's a game, there's a season pass, there's 2-3 DLC already out (not covered by the season pass).

If the last game is any indication, a 4pack GOTY with everything included will be available. I'll just wait for that, even though I really want to play the game. :(

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
At the time as well Monolith held a renaming competition since they didn't have the rights to the FEAR name. So Project Origin won out but before release Warner Bros bought the name back and it became FEAR 2 - Project Origin. FEAR 3 was developed by Day 1 Studios.
Yes, I knew about the naming contest, I was (kinda) following Project Origin's development.

This franchise is now dead to me. It was nice while it lasted, and I still have the memories of those hours spent playing F.E.A.R. Combat.

There's a game, there's a season pass, there's 2-3 DLC already out (not covered by the season pass).

If the last game is any indication, a 4pack GOTY with everything included will be available. I'll just wait for that, even though I really want to play the game. :(

Same. Waiting for that edition with all the DLC. It could be a while because I think they have another new DLC coming in June/July.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

wilflare

i feel you bro.gif

4pack would be nice to share with friends and play together (make it happen this summer)

drizzle

Axel Hertz
i feel you bro.gif

4pack would be nice to share with friends and play together (make it happen this summer)

All my videogaming friends disliked Borderlands 1 and have zero interest in Borderlands 2.

Sadly, it'll be another Single player experience for me.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Borderlands 2 is a game that fails in its execution of almost everything:

As an RPG: basic leveling system with choices that don't even feel like choices, using attribute points that affect so little they might as well not have bothered with the whole system.

As an FPS: brain-dead enemies and terrible gunplay.

As a loot-whore game: terrible item drops, terrible weapons that never feel significantly more powerful than what you're already using, majority of drops do not genuinely reward exploration or even attempt to tell a story.

As an open-world game: boring, lifeless overworld that exists only to make you spend 10 minutes traversing it in a terrible vehicle towards identical quest lines.

As a co-op game: allows 4 players, which is about the only thing it sets out to do and does correctly.

Edit: This is without even touching the story, which is so bad I actually quietly judge you if you enjoyed it.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Borderlands 2 is a game that fails in its execution of almost everything:

As an RPG: basic leveling system with choices that don't even feel like choices, using attribute points that affect so little they might as well not have bothered with the whole system.

As an FPS: brain-dead enemies and terrible gunplay.

As a loot-whore game: terrible item drops, terrible weapons that never feel significantly more powerful than what you're already using, majority of drops do not genuinely reward exploration or even attempt to tell a story.

As an open-world game: boring, lifeless overworld that exists only to make you spend 10 minutes traversing it in a terrible vehicle towards identical quest lines.

As a co-op game: allows 4 players, which is about the only thing it sets out to do and does correctly.

Edit: This is without even touching the story, which is so bad I actually quietly judge you if you enjoyed it.

ibzYjPXR78XKNW.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom