• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

Does anybody know if the Civ V Steam codes on sale at Amazon also activate the Mac version, like it does when you buy through Steam?
I'm going to go with "probably." During one of the sales, the Mac versions were being sold cheaper than the PC versions, and a number of people were able to use those "Mac" Steam codes to activate it on their "PC" Steam accounts. I don't know if it works the other way, but I don't see why it wouldn't.

Just go to the "Library" section and click on "All Games" and drag the option down to "Installed".

That's annoying :\ I used to have it set up to load me into the grid view on my installed games before I had to reinstall. Oh well.

Does anybody know if the Civ V Steam codes on sale at Amazon also activate the Mac version, like it does when you buy through Steam?

It should. My copy of Civ 5 PC gave me a copy on my Mac when it was released, thought I got Civ 5 at launch.

wow so I just opened to steam to add the fall out new vegas key and it was running in slow motion like the PSN store. I restarted and it's still running in slow mo! WTF? anyone else having this problem?

1-D_FTW

Now that Pinball FX works for me (no more 10X speed bug), I think I'm hooked on everything. If they have a summer sale for the entire package, I think I'm down. Stereo 3D really does trick me into believing I'm playing on real tables. Finally something to be excited about for the summer.

Caerith

wow so I just opened to steam to add the fall out new vegas key and it was running in slow motion like the PSN store. I restarted and it's still running in slow mo! WTF? anyone else having this problem?
Are you using Implant GRX?

Steam has been pretty slow on and off recently, try waiting a few minutes and trying again.

1-D_FTW

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

I guess I've been out of the loop. Didn't realize Telltale was having a weekly Humble Deal where BTA (4.24) nets you Walking Dead.

The real question becomes this: Do I enter the code for the non-Walking Dead games. Looks like a bunch of crap. Already have Poker Night. Puzzle Agent 1 & 2 look okay, but I'm not sure I'd ever touch. And the rest. Is anything else in there not garbage? I feel like I need Stallion to chime in and tell me to burn the code and keep it from haunting my library.

Orenhy

Neo Member
can someone recommend a good action/puzzle online multiplayer game that's head to head? want to smash my friends face is a good tetris clone or other arcade type goodness

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

I guess I've been out of the loop. Didn't realize Telltale was having a weekly Humble Deal where BTA (4.24) nets you Walking Dead.

The real question becomes this: Do I enter the code for the non-Walking Dead games. Looks like a bunch of crap. Already have Poker Night. Puzzle Agent 1 & 2 look okay, but I'm not sure I'd ever touch. And the rest. Is anything else in there not garbage? I feel like I need Stallion to chime in and tell me to burn the code and keep it from haunting my library.

Sam & Max is great, Puzzle Agent 1 is fantastic if a tad bit on the easy side. It's less adventure game puzzle-y and more like those books of puzzles you get for a few bucks. But the characters and events are very charming and hits the sweet spot for some Fargo-esque weirdness.

Are you using Implant GRX?

Steam has been pretty slow on and off recently, try waiting a few minutes and trying again.

Nope, I just ran the malaware. My computer is infected with a virus, hope they didn't steal my steam info. Damn sister is always downloading youtube mp3 lifting programs on my computer!

Old Lace

Did Telltale ever fix the saved game bugs in The Walking Dead? I remember hearing that player choices weren't carrying over to the next episode.

1-D_FTW

I got three cards for booting Borderlands ? What is it ? It says I can't get anymore ?

What? Granted I don't own it, but did they do a mass update? I heard people talking about Deadlight. I was going to run that, but there's no mention of it in my Badges section.

Speaking of which, there's no hint of HL2 either. I know I sold all my cards, but I did that with Portal 2 and that still shows up. I would just assume all eligible games would be listed there.

Sam & Max is great, Puzzle Agent 1 is fantastic if a tad bit on the easy side. It's less adventure game puzzle-y and more like those books of puzzles you get for a few bucks. But the characters and events are very charming and hits the sweet spot for some Fargo-esque weirdness.

I guess. The library's already cluttered with crap anyways. What's a little more.

EDIT: +19 games. I feel a little dirty here.

Caerith

can someone recommend a good action/puzzle online multiplayer game that's head to head? want to smash my friends face is a good tetris clone or other arcade type goodness
I don't know if Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe has online multiplayer or just local, but it looks like a lot of fun.

Nope, I just ran the malaware. My computer is infected with a virus, hope they didn't steal my steam info. Damn sister is always downloading youtube mp3 lifting programs on my computer!
You should be okay if you're using Steam Guard and your email hasn't been compromised. You might want to reformat your computer and put your sister up for adoption.

Sam & Max is great, but that's only the third season. Back to the Future is a competent adventure game.

Varg

Banned

Back to the future and puzzle agent really interested me so I bought it . Be aware its one steam key for the entire bundle . You can't get rid if the others if you even wanted to :(

TheD

The Detective
Anyone seen the new getgamesgo deal?
http://www.getloadedgo.com/

Xcom Enemy Unknown + Borderlands 2 for $30
or
2 games from: Civilization V - Gods and Kings, The Darkness II, Spec Ops: The Line, Mafia II, Borderlands GOTY, Civilization V, BioShock 2, Duke Nukem Forever, BioShock or Civilization IV Complete Edition for $10.
or
All of the games from both options for $48!

HoosTrax

I feel like my Steam library has finally jumped the shark this week. I've added so many bundles to it that I'm afraid to look at my "% played" stat.

jediyoshi

All 2 of you can now pre-load Remember Me on Steam.

ss_1eea817ccbac4f448244c9af4b2c4988d369d327.1920x1080.jpg

Nabs

Anyone seen the new getgamesgo deal?
http://www.getloadedgo.com/

Xcom Enemy Unknown + Borderlands 2 for $30
or
2 games from: Civilization V - Gods and Kings, The Darkness II, Spec Ops: The Line, Mafia II, Borderlands GOTY, Civilization V, BioShock 2, Duke Nukem Forever, BioShock or Civilization IV Complete Edition for $10.
or
All of the games from both options for $48!

welcometopcgaming.gif

I'm not gonna lie, I'm willing to give it a try for 15 or less.

Sajjaja

Bah, keep missing these Thomas Was Alone giveaways. I'll get it eventually.

Anyone got any impressions on the new Crusader Kings 2: The Old Gods DLC?

Sajjaja

You know it's included in the current Humble Bundle, right? $1.00, or $0.01 if you don't care about the Steam key.

I know. Why pay a $1 when you can get it for free? AMIRITE? It's the only game I want from the rest of the bundle, and I'll probably buy it before the sale ends if I don't get it by then.

sibarraz

Banned
The problem with bundle the bundle, is that people put their desired game way too low in comparission with the rest

There are 2 arcade packs, and I only want virtua tennis 4, but everyone used it

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like my Steam library has finally jumped the shark this week. I've added so many bundles to it that I'm afraid to look at my "% played" stat.
Me too, sister. Me too.

In less than 10 days I bought (and redeemed the respective keys) the Alan Wake bundle, HIB 8, TT bundle and now Groupees Be Mine 8. I'm going through a bundle overload.

Megasoum

Banned
Do you need to have bought stuff to get cards in Dota 2? I imagine it's considered a f2p game? I get all the valve games automatically so I can't see the prices.

jediyoshi

Do you need to have bought stuff to get cards in Dota 2? I imagine it's considered a f2p game? I get all the valve games automatically so I can't see the prices.

I believe if you go to your badges page and then click "How do I earn drops?" under Dota 2, it has a break down of how it works for that game for yourself.

Megasoum

Banned
I believe if you go to your badges page and then click "How do I earn drops?" under Dota 2, it has a break down of how it works for that game for yourself.

Hmm DOTA 2 is not even in the list on the badges page so I guess I haven't done enough stuff to get anything.

If you purchased something before community trade beta went up, you would have 4 drops. Same with TF2 with 5 drops. Otherwise spend approximately $9 for one drop.
For me, I see Dota 2, but haven't spent anything so 0 drops.
Free to play games drop game cards based on your in-game purchasing. For every $9 USD spent (approximate) since the start of the Steam Trading Card Beta, you will earn one card drop. This card will drop at some point as you play. If you have made in-game purchases in Dota 2 or Team Fortress 2 prior to the Steam Trading Card Beta, or if you owned Team Fortress 2 prior to the Free to Play update, you will have 4 or 5 additional card drops available.

http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards/faq

Megasoum

Banned
If you purchased something before community trade beta went up, you would have 4 drops. Same with TF2 with 5 drops, Otherwise spend approximately $9 for one drop.
For me, I see Dota 2, but haven't spent anything so 0 drops.

http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards/faq

Yeah ok thanks, oh well, no DOTA cards for me. I got everything else already. No foil unfortunatly.

So I imagine the maximum drops never reset right? Like I got my 3-4 cards for each games and that's it forever unless I buy or trade?

Yeah ok thanks, oh well, no DOTA cards for me. I got everything else already. No foil unfortunatly.

So I imagine the maximum drops never reset right? Like I got my 3-4 cards for each games and that's it forever unless I buy or trade?
Yep. They want you to trade or use the marketplace. There is only enough cards to craft badges for half of the users. Others just sell it.

Blizzard

Banned
All 2 of you can now pre-load Remember Me on Steam.
I'm still sort of conflicted about this. On one hand, the world design appeals to me. It looks cyberpunk-esque and that's still fairly rare, I think.

On the other hand, $50, and it's possibly just another brawling fighter, and it bugs me that the preorder bonus is apparently 3 fighting moves. Can you buy those moves as DLC if you don't preorder it? Can you unlock them later? Or is literally, if you don't preorder you can never use these 3 moves? Just seems very odd.

Just finished Little Inferno and I'm not sure if I like it or not. The play part of it is a bit tedious to play in long chunks (it's way more suited to mobile/touch) so I just used a guide but yeah, it's certainly a thing. The ending was fantastic but I'm not sure whether it was worth the journey but then I can't tell if the journey itself was a commentary on video games and (maybe a spoiler, I dunno)
particularly social games like farmville and such

It's one I'll have to think about before I can give a definitive opinion about but if you're looking for something to different to play while listening to a podcast or something, go for it. It took me 3 hours to complete with a bit of idling here and there.

HoosTrax

Hmm, so I have no idea how to play Poker, but is it normal to have three decks being played in Texas Hold 'Em? Because I'm playing Poker Night at the Inventory from the Telltale bundle, and I've seen things like three 5 of diamond cards being played at the same time.

Like I said, I don't really know if this is normal and how Poker is supposed to work, or if the game is using some weird ruleset.

theytookourjobz

Hmm, so I have no idea how to play Poker, but is it normal to have three decks being played in Texas Hold 'Em? Because I'm playing Poker Night at the Inventory from the Telltale bundle, and I've seen things like three 5 of diamond cards being played at the same time.

Like I said, I don't really know if this is normal and how Poker is supposed to work, or if the game is using some weird ruleset.

Should only be one of each. I've never heard of playing with more than one deck.

KrayzeeGloo

Neo Member
Messed around with Skyward Collapse for about 45 minuets today. Game seems pretty nifty, I can see really getting sucked into the multiplayer with a few friends like in Frozen Synapse. Comes off a bit dense from the tutorial, nothing but dialogue boxes that explain what this building does and why it's important, and then tells you to plop one down. Didn't really feel like it explained certain things very well. Interesting concept, and I'm curious exactly how multiplayer works.

I have no idea what's going on here then:

The five cards in the middle of the table are communal and multiple people can play them at the same time. You should probably watch a video on how to play Texas Holdem or something. I'm not sure what ones are good but it'all give you an idea of how to play. I don't think poker night has a tutorial at all.

theytookourjobz

I have no idea what's going on here then:

- Three 9 of clubs
- Two 6 of hearts
- Two ace of spades

The 5 cards in the middle are shared between all players. The two you have on the far right there are your cards. Each player gets two cards that they dont show the other players. Your goal is to make the best 5 card hand you can out of the 5 community cards and the two in your hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom