• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

The five cards in the middle of the table are communal and multiple people can play them at the same time. You should probably watch a video on how to play Texas Holdem or something. I'm not sure what ones are good but it'all give you an idea of how to play. I don't think poker night has a tutorial at all.
I did read the tutorial at the start, but I just got a headache trying to figure it out.
The 5 cards in the middle are shared between all players. The two you have on the far right there are your cards. Each player gets two cards that they dont show the other players. Your goal is to make the best 5 card hand you can out of the 5 community cards and the two in your hand.
In retrospect, it's kind of amusing I managed to win all 4 TF2 items while having no idea how to play this game...thanks for the explanation guys, you did a better job of explaining it than the game did.

sibarraz

Banned
Nobody wants to buy an arcade pack of sega?

I only want virtua tennis 4 :(, even though don't know how to give part of the price into paypal

koolaroo

Currently playing gmod and man 12 years olds everywhere. I feel like I might enjoy gmod if I could just find a sever where everyone doesn't sound 12.

I have no idea what's going on here then:

- Three 9 of clubs
- Two 6 of hearts
- Three ace of spades

So both Max and Tycho are cheating?

It was doing my head in trying to figure out what sort of glitch would result in the same card coming out 3 times. The actual case was pretty funny. Not laughing at you, it's the kind of thing someone not familiar with poker is likely to think.

HoosTrax

Not laughing at you, it's the kind of thing someone not familiar with poker is likely to think.
It's ok -- If there's one thing I can thank Microsoft for, it's teaching me how to play Hearts and Solitaire. It's a shame they never included Texas Hold 'Em as a free game in Win 95/98.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I have no idea what's going on here then:

- Three 9 of clubs
- Two 6 of hearts
- Three ace of spades

So both Max and Tycho are cheating?
Oh no, you're counting the community cards twice (or thrice). They are the ones that are face up in the center of the table (flop, turn and river), and every player can use them to make 5-card hands.

It's a really fun game (real poker I mean, haven't tried TT's take on it), so I'd suggest that you learn how to play it.

EDIT: beaten years ago. That's what I get for playing L4D2 with bots, after a friend disconnected in the middle of a campaign.

HoosTrax

It's a really fun game (real poker I mean, haven't tried TT's take on it), so I'd suggest that you learn how to play it.
Yeah I'm kind of enjoying it now that I actually have some idea how to play the game, and am not just relying on pure chance to win. Might pick up the sequel eventually to get the new TF2 and BL2 items.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
FEAR 3 wasn't made by the same developer as FEAR 2. There was this strange disagreement with the publisher after the first FEAR, leading Monolith to start a 'spiritual sequel' while the publisher contract their own version of FEAR 2. The disagreement was settled, and Monolith's game became FEAR 2, but the other F2 was far enough in development that they eventually finished it, and released it as FEAR 3, which is why 3 pretty much ignores the events of 2.

Yeah, I know. Day 1 Studios had to have the most ironic name ever. :p

FEAR 3 wasn't made by the same developer as FEAR 2. There was this strange disagreement with the publisher after the first FEAR, leading Monolith to start a 'spiritual sequel' while the publisher contract their own version of FEAR 2. The disagreement was settled, and Monolith's game became FEAR 2, but the other F2 was far enough in development that they eventually finished it, and released it as FEAR 3, which is why 3 pretty much ignores the events of 2.
That explains a lot.

Teknoman

I'm thinking about connecting my PC to my HDTV and using Big Picture mode when the TV is free. However...I only have 3 HDMI inputs. Would using an HDMI splitter degrade the image? Or would it be better to simply plug/unplug whatever device you want to use instead of splitting the signal?

JaseC

That explains a lot.

It's not exactly correct as far as I can tell. Vivendi only retained the rights to the FEAR name and the option to continue greenlighting more expansions to the original game; the fiction (world/characters) and technology went with Monolith to WB, so any FEAR sequel that may or may not have been in development (can't find anything to confirm Vivendi greenlit a sequel) would have been completely unrelated to Monolith's work. FEAR 3 as we know it, even if there were a foundation there, would have been built more or less from the ground up to fit within the FEAR universe, which would explain its release almost two-and-a-half years after its predecessor. I'm not sure what the FEAR 3 narrative ignores of 2, exactly, but Wikipedia's plot synopsis confirms at least some pertinent details are in there (most notably the game is set nine months after the preceding games and
Alma's pregnancy
is mentioned).

JaseC

Given that this is CoD, that'd be 2021 or thereabouts?

Haha, exactly. I'm still waiting for Black Ops to drop to $20 on Steam US so I can snap it up for $10 during a sale; the most recent entry I have is 2009's Modern Warfare 2.

xJavonta

Banned
Of course. Nobody bought CoD on the Vita. :p

I did lol

Part of the problem :p

luhMRj6.jpg

cicero

I kept staring at that $20 Firaxis Complete Pack on Amazon over the two week sale, but I did nothing. Then when I checked for the last time at about 12:10am just now when I expected it to no longer be on sale, it still was, and I just had to have it. I can't wait to play XCOM.

JordanKZ

Thanks to the new Indie bundle, I just hit 777 games. Nice.

Anyway, few keys for games that I already had below. Quote to reveal.

Dear Esther

Hotline Miami

Proteus

I'm hankering for something to play right now and while I should probably dig into my backlog I'm not going to.

Deciding between Dust, Gunslinger and Blood Dragon. I'll probably get the other 2 during the next sale or whatever. Which should I play first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom