• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addnan

I'm hankering for something to play right now and while I should probably dig into my backlog I'm not going to.

Deciding between Dust, Gunslinger and Blood Dragon. I'll probably get the other 2 during the next sale or whatever. Which should I play first?
Dust or Gunslinger, I can't choose. Blood Dragon is good too, but I haven't played much.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
When I went digging through my recent indie bundle purchases a couple of months ago or so I noticed that older HIB keys reverted back to the unredeemed state when in fact they had been redeemed (which lead to me unknowingly handing out a few dupes).

PriitV

When I went digging through my recent indie bundle purchases a couple of months ago or so I noticed that older HIB keys reverted back to the unredeemed state when in fact they had been redeemed (which lead to me unknowingly handing out a few dupes).

oh :/

Let's see what Knurek says about the key then

I'm super excited that Rogue Legacy has finally been greenlit. Played a bunch of the demo last night and it really is something special. Could very well be a GOTY contender, to be honest. But boy did my family tree grow. It's really hard.

And I fucking love the credits tune. So good.

So.

I sold maybe $2 worth of stuff on Steam Market.

I just altered everything down to 50 cents.

I'm up to $10 within thirty minutes.
Had my TF2 cards up at 0,35€ all night and they didn't sell.
Lowered them to 0,30€ and they sold within seconds.

All in all I made 9,50€ since yesterday. I'm really bad at predicting the Steam markets, but I can only imagine the prices going down further once the TC release to everyone and more games start implementing them, so I thought it would be smart to cash out now. Right now there are mostly "hardcore" players in and thus the % of people who care about badges and EXP is high, once everyone can get cards I assume that would change.

Could be totally wrong though.
Fuck

Did a best of 3 with a random number generator and Dust won.
Your RNG has good taste. I haven't played Gunslinger, but I thought Blood Dragon was very meh, while I LOVED FC3. I don't think a lot of people share that opinion though.

Tomodachi

Had my TF2 cards up at 0,35€ all night and they didn't sell.
Lowered them to 0,30€ and they sold within seconds.

All in all I made 9,50€ since yesterday. I'm really bad at predicting the Steam markets, but I can only imagine the prices going down further once the TC release to everyone and more games start implementing them, so I thought it would be smart to cash out now. Right now there are mostly "hardcore" players in and thus the % of people who care about badges and EXP is high, once everyone can get cards I assume that would change.
I made 4.52€ selling my duplicate cards plus a bunch of TF2 stuff I got just logging to a server (I bought the game when it came out and played for like an hour since then), and now I was wondering if I should sell the cards too. What's the point in making badges and leveling up once you're level 10? Except the bragging rights I mean. Do the foil cards drop more frequently as your level increase?

It's scary how fast your items can sell if they're the right price.

Sometimes they are bought right as you post.

It gives you an error saying you can't post, but that's only because someone already bought it.

Right now there are mostly "hardcore" players in and thus the % of people who care about badges and EXP is high, once everyone can get cards I assume that would change.

Yeah, it's gonna totally drop like a stone.

JaseC

I finally sold my Glados foil overnight. I used some of the money to fill the gaps in my Blands 2, HL2 and TF2 sets and came out the other side with $8.49 remaining, but I won't bother levelling up the badges further unless Valve decides to implement a drop reset system that I find appealing.

I don't have the Dota 2 badge as I didn't buy anything on the store prior to the NeoCommunity beta and needing to spend $9 to earn a single drop is a bit rich.

NZNova

Finished Thomas Was Alone today, after picking it up in the last humble bundle. What a charming game, and just the right length.

Enco

I really dislike the drop system.

Forcing you to trade (ie buy) cards is really shitty. I see zero need to try and get a badge now. I'm not willing to buy a shit load of cards just for a badge.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
cicero said:
As for Inquisitor:

Quote:
Yes, those who bought the game directly from us will get their Steam keys automatically, those that bought the game on GOG.com will have to send us an e-mail request for it.

Thanks for the heads up on this, as I probably would've ended up buying it again on Steam (already have it on GOG).

JaseC

I'm tempted to jump on Family Guy. It bombed horribly and we all know how Acti likes to abandon licenses.

xelios

I'm tempted to jump on Family Guy. It bombed horribly and we all know how Acti likes to abandon licenses.

I am probably gonna go ahead and jump on Family Guy and Spider-man just because of licensing fears, and the fact they haven't been discounted more than that on Steam anyway. Then they will go 75% in the summer sale, of course.

I really dislike the drop system.

Forcing you to trade (ie buy) cards is really shitty. I see zero need to try and get a badge now. I'm not willing to buy a shit load of cards just for a badge.

The problem I have with it is that everyone knows the exact value of every card always so it limits how willing people are to trade them and it's just easier for everyone involved to boil them down to cash and acquire them that way. The cool thing about the trading cards I collected in school, no really knew how rare any card was and you traded based on what was valuable to you personally.

JaseC

I am probably gonna go ahead and jump on Family Guy and Spider-man just because of licensing fears, and the fact they haven't been discounted more than that on Steam anyway. Then they will go 75% in the summer sale, of course.

I might tempt fate and wait for the Summer Sale as it was 25% off throughout the Winter Sale, which makes half off throughout the former decidedly likely. Plus, it's 4c cheaper on Steam AU!

PriitV

Since when can you filter games on your games list on Steamcommunity website? And looking at someone elses list you can now filter games which you both own.

Great addition.

xelios

Recap of active Steam activated deals.

New:

[Amazon - Deals of the Week]
[Gamefly]
[IndieGameStand]
  • $1.00
    • Miner Wars Arena
  • $1.96+
    • Miner Wars 2081

Existing:

[Bundle In A Box]
  • $1.99+
    • Blackwell Convergence
    • Blackwell Deception
    • Blackwell Legacy
    • Blackwell Unbound
    • Hacker Evolution Untold
  • $4.07+
    • Hacker Evolution
    • Hacker Evolution Duality
    • Hamlet
    • Secret of the Magic Crystals
[Bundle Stars]
[Gamersgate] - use code elder-geek.com for an additional 5% discount
[Gamestop]
[Get Loaded]
  • Option 1 - $30.00
    • Borderlands 2
    • X-COM: Enemy Unknown
  • Option 2 - Pick 2 of the following for $10.00
    • Bioshock
    • Bioshock 2
    • Borderlands GOTY
    • Civilization IV Complete
    • Civilization V
    • Civilization V: Gods & Kings
    • Duke Nukem Forever
    • Mafia II
    • Spec Ops: The Line
    • The Darkness II
  • Option 3 - All games for $48.00
    • Bioshock
    • Bioshock 2
    • Borderlands GOTY
    • Borderlands 2
    • Civilization IV Complete
    • Civilization V
    • Civilization V: Gods & Kings
    • Duke Nukem Forever
    • Mafia II
    • Spec Ops: The Line
    • The Darkness II
    • X-COM: Enemy Unknown
[GMG] - use code GMG20-JLKSA-7A8HA for an additional 20% discount
[Groupees Be Mine 8]
  • $1.00
    • Fairy Bloom Freesia
    • Karateka
    • Patrician IV: Steam Special Edition
    • Patrician IV: Rise of a Dynasty DLC
    • Primordia
    • Slam Bolt Scrappers
  • $5.00+
    • Blood Bowl Legendary Edition
    • Drakensang
    • Blades of Time Limited Edition
[Groupees Sherlock Holmes Bundle]
  • Build Your Own Bundle: $1.50 - $4.50 - 2 game minimum
    • Dracula: Origin
    • Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles
    • Sherlock Holmes: Nemesis
    • Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened
    • Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Mummy
    • Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet
    • Sherlock Holmes: The Silver Earring
  • Bonus
    • Sherlock Holmes Versus Jack the Ripper
[Humble Bundle Weekly] - comes as one key, Walking Dead is separate
  • $1.00+
    • Back to the Future: The Game
    • Hector: Badge of Carnage
    • Poker Night at the Inventory
    • Puzzle Agent 1 & 2
    • Sam & Max: Devil’s Playhouse (Season 3)
    • Wallace & Gromit’s Grand Adventures
  • $4.26+

• The Walking Dead
[Humble Indie Bundle 8]

• $1.00+
    • Awesomenauts
    • Awesomenauts: Cluck DLC
    • Capsized
    • Dear Esther
    • Little Inferno
    • Thomas Was Alone
  • $5.70+
    • Hotline Miami
    • Proteus
[Indie Royale]
  • Hammerhead Bundle - $5.67
    • Forge
    • Gas Guzzlers: Combat Carnage (Greenlight)
    • Pressure
    • Primordia
    • Richard & Alice (Greenlight)
    • ? Mystery Game ?
[Nuuvem]
[Nuuvem - 2 for $9.74]
  • Commandos Collection
    • Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines
    • Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty
    • Commandos II: Men of courage
    • Commandos III: Destination Berlin
  • Confrontation
  • Fallout: New Vegas (vanilla)
  • Hitman: Absolution
  • Risen 2: Dark Waters
  • The Cave
  • Total War: Shogun 2
[Bundle Stars]
  • Indie Jam - $6.34
    • Dead Horde
    • Future Wars
    • Greed: Black Border
    • Grotesque Tactics
    • Grotesque Tactics 2
    • Stellar Impact
    • Trapped Dead
    • Trauma
    • Twin Sector
    • Unstoppable Gorg
  • Indie Jam 2 - $4.99
    • Ion Assault
    • Iron Grip: Warlord
    • Nuclear Dawn
    • Planets Under Attack
    • Shattered Horizon
    • Two Worlds II
    • Two Worlds II: Castle Defense DLC
    • X-Blades
  • Outlaws Bundle - $0.98
    • P.A.M.
    • Pacific Storm
    • RIP Trilogy
    • Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood
  • Stellar Bundle - $0.98
    • Alien Hallway
    • Alien Shooter Revisited
    • Zombie Shooter
    • Zombie Shooter 2

Hello,

just got my account accepted, can I get an invite to the GAF Steam group ?
Here's my profile : http://steamcommunity.com/id/RobertJSullivan/

I'm always up for some coop too. At the moment I'm playing Revelaitons' raid mode in Trench and I also picked up Payday 2 so if you wanna get heistin' when the beta's out just add me. I got a bunch of other coop games that I haven't finished like Dead Island or Lost Planet 2 so if you see a game that you'd like to play in my game list add me.
By the way I'm French if you're wondering about some eventual latency (inb4 obligatory omelette du fromage post).

Thanks.

Guys, I've got what perhaps is a silly question:

When I go on other people's profiles it's very swish, looks to be updated and nicely designed. But on my own profile it is just the usual crappy profile with no achievement bars and stuff like that. I've activated the BETA invite in my inventory ages ago (don't even know if this is related) but was wondering what I need to do to get my profile looking like everyone else on my friends lists'!

Cheers!

JaseC

When I go on other people's profiles it's very swish, looks to be updated and nicely designed. But on my own profile it is just the usual crappy profile with no achievement bars and stuff like that. I've activated the BETA invite in my inventory ages ago (don't even know if this is related) but was wondering what I need to do to get my profile looking like everyone else on my friends lists'!

Cheers!

If it's been more than a few hours, which I gather it has, submit a ticket to Support.

Cheers!

There is a difference between the community beta, and the trading card beta. Which one did you activate?

JaseC

There is a difference between the community beta, and the trading card beta. Which one did you activate?

Oh, yeah, if you had a Steam Community beta invite sitting in your inventory this entire time, it did nothing as that was rolled out wide yonks ago. What you want is this.

szaromir

Banned
3-5 days is probably "normal" for them. It was a holiday week so maybe that's part of it. What sort of support request did you have?
The Civilization V Gold key I bought at Amazon did not unlock all the DLC it was supposed to unlock. I asked to look into it and possibly unlock the missing DLC.

HoosTrax

Thanks for the deals list xelios. I have a feeling I'm going to end up caving on CoD4 finally so that I can finally play the campaign trilogy from start to finish.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
This the cheapest I could get Sleeping Dogs?

And I see the DLC Nightmare in Northpoint on sale for $3.50 on Gamestop but the other big DLCs are not there, strange. The bundle Gamestop has just has Northpoint and a bunch of cosmetic dlc im not interested in ;(

If you've waited this long you can wait another month

Sleeping Dogs has been as cheap as 6.25 USD; Year of the Snake has been as cheap as 0.49; Zodiac Tournament has been as cheap as 1.24; Nightmare in North Point has been as cheap as 1.24.

Cheers, I bought this awful-looking thing. Comes to $2.17 with the code.

The good news: It's about 3 hours long.
The bad news: It's not a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom