• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanathus

Finished Dust, thanks goes to SalsaShark for gifting it to me. Super-fun game play, reminiscent of Mark of the Ninja with how quick and fluid the animations and actions be performed. Story and dialogue is a tad cringe-inducing though.

3AsCucZ.png

Sober

So is there a trick to nuuvem like there is for Amazon and non-US buyers? Haven't been keeping up with newer sites.

Knurek

So is there a trick to nuuvem like there is for Amazon and non-US buyers? Haven't been keeping up with newer sites.

I think it might require setting a Brasilian address in your profile (easily searchable with Google).
And of course, navigating the site, which is in Portuguese.

Finished Dust, thanks goes to SalsaShark for gifting it to me. Super-fun game play, reminiscent of Mark of the Ninja with how quick and fluid the animations and actions be performed. Story and dialogue is a tad cringe-inducing though.

3AsCucZ.png
I had always heard positive things about the story as long as you went in with an open mind.

Well, picked up Morrowind on the GAME sale. People wanting to pick up Bethesda titles, there's some great deals over there.

It's strange how Morrowind is more expensive than Fallout 3, though. :p

I had always heard positive things about the story as long as you went in with an open mind.

What does "go in with an open mind" mean? I have to concur, the scenario is meh at best. But there's enough gameplay and content to overlook that. Even though the gameplay can be broken pretty easily.

But overall that's a really cool game, must play I think in the metroidvania genre. Lots of content. Took me 17h to finish at 100% (playing in hard).

Deadbeat

Banned
I have like 40 games or so to give away from the last 2 years of buying bundles... I'm just so lazy to figure out keys I've used and haven't used. Is there a simple way for me to test them out? I don't want to look like an ass. I guess I could put a forewarning and put a list up.
:lol: you are giving stuff away for free. How does that make you look like an ass? Because you dont remember which keys are duds?

Now if all the keys were bad rats....

Hard Reset is better than Painkiller because it doesn't overstay it's welcome and it's art/visual theme is infinitely superior.

It also has a wonderful bite-size expansion that is free and is actually better than the main game, unlike the Painkiller expansions which got progressively worse.
I actually thought the game started to dip in quality once I went into the expansion content, but I also didn't care for the aesthetic of the place while I loved the city. I mean it was a dump.

I think Painkiller is better because of its weapon and enemy variety though.

Blizzard

Banned
The Civilization V Gold key I bought at Amazon did not unlock all the DLC it was supposed to unlock. I asked to look into it and possibly unlock the missing DLC.
Ah, that sucks. If you don't hear anything back in 2 weeks I don't know what to say. I guess you could try a new ticket at that point, but I seem to remember something (possibly a myth) saying if you tried updating your ticket or adding another ticket too soon, it would reset you really low in the priority. But if it takes 2 weeks, they're probably ignoring you anyway. :p

that awkward moment when you wake up and it's your birthday. Was really hoping Gaben would bless me with a present of 27 Dota2 invites.

I was disappointed.

$16 is steambux....what do I buy GAF?
Happy birthday! If you want a neon shooty thing, buy Far Cry Blood Dragon. If you like the wild west and good narration and arcade shooting, buy Call of Juarez Gunslinger. If you like furry stuff, buy Dust: An Elysian Tail. If you like lonely indie puzzle games, buy Swapper. If you feel in the mood for a Diablo/Torchlight style game, buy Van Helsing.

Gunslinger has a demo, not sure about the others.

~Kinggi~

Banned
So what is this shit, i bought that groupees bundle for 5$ and have not received anything giving me keys or proof i even bought it. I got it through Amazon payments. HALP

Nevermind it went to my junk box.

Well damn, thanks man. You ever need anything, let me know.

By the way, go ahead and add me everyone: blueninjabe
Since Steam has a number of ways to identify you like your community name, your login name, and your community profile URL, it's just easier to link to your profile since a lot of people list off one of their names and it either ends up showing multiple results or:

CKJYt6M.png

Grief.exe

3AsCucZ.png

I thought the complete opposite.

Nillansan

I am about to play Metro 2033. Is stealth even a viable option in this game? I have heard that it is broken, but is that regardless, which difficulty setting you choose?

Xanathus

I thought the complete opposite.

I tried going into it open-minded and yeah I'm okay with the amateurish art-style but I kept eye-rolling at how sappy the story was. It felt like I was playing a game meant for kids aged 8 - 12 (which it might very well be). Anyway the gameplay is it's saving grace which makes it one of the best indie games I've played this year.

Since Steam has a number of ways to identify you like your community name, your login name, and your community profile URL, it's just easier to link to your profile since a lot of people list off one of their names and it either ends up showing multiple results or:

http://i.imgur.com/CKJYt6M.png[mg][/QUOTE]

I noticed, thanks. [URL="http://steamcommunity.com/id/blueninjabe/"]Here you go[/URL].

ShaneB

Oh man now I see CoD4 on sale at Amazon, I've been kinda itching to dip into MP again with that. A shame it's not the magic 5$... but I got nostalgic with the CoD4 thread earlier on. Dang it. Tempted (I'll cave I'm sure)... and then play it for maybe 5 minutes and wonder why I bought it.

Grief.exe

I tried going into it open-minded and yeah I'm okay with the amateurish art-style but I kept eye-rolling at how sappy the story was. It felt like I was playing a game meant for kids aged 8 - 12 (which it might very well be). Anyway the gameplay is it's saving grace which makes it one of the best indie games I've played this year.

Mass genocide probably isn't an appropriate subject for an 8 year old kid.

I've heard people say that they don't like Fidget's comic relief.

sheaaaa

Anyone know if "The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind" in my Steam library is actually referring to the GOTY edition?

There's no See DLC tab or anything, and no indication that it's the GOTY edition, so I have no idea if I own Bloodmoon and Tribunal or not.

Doesn't seem like there are separate Steam store pages for the expansions though.

Tomodachi

Yeaah, but no, I don't really want to mess with billing addresses and my credit card. :lol
Trust me, everyone from all over the globe has been doing it (me included, from Italy), it's very safe. You just need to add another billing address, no need to edit your real one nor your card details. Just add another address to your address book and select it when checking out. The card isn't linked to the billing address anyway.
You could even delete the fake address when you're done.

Firehead

Anyone know if "The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind" in my Steam library is actually referring to the GOTY edition?

There's no See DLC tab or anything, and no indication that it's the GOTY edition, so I have no idea if I own Bloodmoon and Tribunal or not.

Doesn't seem like there are separate Steam store pages for the expansions though.

It's the GOTY edition. The only version of Morrowind that's offered on Steam.

Addnan

Oh man now I see CoD4 on sale at Amazon, I've been kinda itching to dip into MP again with that. A shame it's not the magic 5$... but I got nostalgic with the CoD4 thread earlier on. Dang it. Tempted (I'll cave I'm sure)... and then play it for maybe 5 minutes and wonder why I bought it.
I caved, bought it. Played it. Still the best COD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom