• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledsen

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

I guess I've been out of the loop. Didn't realize Telltale was having a weekly Humble Deal where BTA (4.24) nets you Walking Dead.

The real question becomes this: Do I enter the code for the non-Walking Dead games. Looks like a bunch of crap. Already have Poker Night. Puzzle Agent 1 & 2 look okay, but I'm not sure I'd ever touch. And the rest. Is anything else in there not garbage? I feel like I need Stallion to chime in and tell me to burn the code and keep it from haunting my library.

Puzzle Agent is great, Sam & Max is cool and everyone with a soul loves Wallace & Gromit.

sibarraz

Banned
How common are portal 2 and half life sales?

I knew that the other day somebody joked that no one in steam didn't had those games, but actually, i don't had neither

My only valve games are dota 2 and counter strike go

At least I hope that in the summer sale those game are dirty cheap

MRORANGE

I knew that the other day somebody joked that no one in steam didn't had those games, but actually, i don't had neither

They will and smh at you or not owning those games.

Nabs

They'll be super cheap soon.

Vecks

Very common. All Valve games go on sale pretty regularly and almost always at 75% off.

Tomodachi

tumblr_m8f1f7CRHI1rtc9of.gif

Kidding. Don't worry, they're bound to be almost free come summer sale.

Do ye know the cheapest Sam and Max Seasons 1&2 Have been on steam looking to pick them up soon also might anyone have a spare Telltale coupon by chance?

Shepard

Do ye know the cheapest Sam and Max Seasons 1&2 Have been on steam looking to pick them up soon also might anyone have a spare Telltale coupon by chance?

Amazon had them on sale quite a few times, but only with the 3 seasons bundle. I bought all of them for $9,99 just a few weeks ago. Individually, they were still full price, though. (Steam keys too)

I don't have Half-Life 2 or Portal 2 either. I played the former, not the latter. I hope it really is almost free this summer.

It's funny, but before I started gaming on PC, I never experienced the concept of a back log. And now, suddenly, here it is.

I still think the AI in the original makes up for the inferior graphics. Source is a downgrade and Black Mesa is a HUGE downgrade.
AI is archaic in all incarnations of Half Life 1, including originals and expantions. If he wants to play the game enemy behaviour is botton of the barrel in relation to reasons to do so. I'll go as far and say AI in part 2 is obsolete also, only with mods it can get some what decent.

And it is worth to repeat that Black Mesa doesn't have the Zen part, which only detracts from the game. Let's hope the Black Mesa guys can improve that section, that is, if they are still working on the proyect. XD

Grief.exe

AI is archaic in all incarnations of Half Life 1, including originals and expantions. If he wants to play the game enemy behaviour is botton of the barrel in relation to reasons to do so. I'll go as far and say AI in part 2 is obsolete also, only with mods it can get some what decent.

And it is worth to repeat that Black Mesa doesn't have the Zen part, which only detracts from the game. Let's hope the Black Mesa guys can improve that section, that is, if they are still working on the proyect. XD

Its so hard to end an amazing game.

Half-Life 1 and System Shock 2 are perfect examples of the gameplay near the end really affecting the entire experience in a negative way.

I actually thought Half-Life 2 had a perfect ending.

They go on sale all the time. You'll own them soon enough. We bitch when they do go on sale because we want other stuff on sale.

cicero

Does anyone know when the new badges/cards for other games not currently available, like Deadlight, will finally start dropping?

Its so hard to end an amazing game.

Half-Life 1 and System Shock 2 are perfect examples of the gameplay near the end really affecting the entire experience in a negative way.

I actually thought Half-Life 2 had a perfect ending.
Half Life 2 is a very consistent game through out the whole adventure. Episode 2 also has a fantastic closure.

But yes, it is rare, even for very acclaimed games to finish strong. Most be due to the nature of game development and the teams runing out of time, ideas or "Steam". XD
Does anyone know when the new badges/cards for other games not currently available, like Deadlight, will finally start dropping?
I frgot to ask. The badge thing is only available to the beta client. Correct? It hasn't been implemented in the normal client yet?

I do wonder how much will Valve embrace the FPS conventions that have been stablished through out the years since the release of Half Life 2.

cicero

Half Life 2 is a very consistent game through out the whole adventure. Episode 2 also has a fantastic closure.

But yes, it is rare, even for very acclaimed games to finish strong. Most be due to the nature of game development and the teams runing out of time, ideas or "Steam". XD

I frgot to ask. The badge thing is only available to the beta client. Correct? It hasn't been implemented in the normal client yet?

I do wonder how much will Valve embrace the FPS conventions that have been stablished through out the years since the release of Half Life 2.

I can hardly wait!!!

different betas

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone have any opinions on Miner Wars 2081 and Arena? Was the former the indie game that featured some stupid DRM? Will I want them both for $2.12? Should I stop buying games I'll never play? (bought Super Mario Land 1 & 2 on my 3DS an hour ago, while bored and watching some AVGN episodes.)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does anyone have any opinions on Miner Wars 2081 and Arena? Was the former the indie game that featured some stupid DRM? Will I want them both for $2.12? Should I stop buying games I'll never play? (bought Super Mario Land 1 & 2 on my 3DS an hour ago, while bored and watching some AVGN episodes.)

Look into your heart and you shall find the answers you seek.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yes!

If anyone's here is using Opera as well, finally there's a build of Enhanced Steam extension for it.

More details here: http://enhancedsteam.com/blog/enhanced-steam-for-opera-submitted/
It was about time!

Look into your heart and you shall find the answers you seek.
Why does this answer not surprise me? I should have expected this xD

Enjoyed the game greatly -- who knew so much personality could be imbued into simple four-sided polygons. Also, best use of narration since Bastion.
Told you so! Glad to see I wasn't mistaken (I never am).

Exuro

So I'm trying out the Trials Evolution demo, and for some reason the game starts out in 1080p on the intro stuff but when it hits the main menu it goes into a low resolution and the highest I can go in the videos option is 1600x900. Anyone know how I could fix this?

I 100%'d lego harry potter years 1-4. Took me 28 hours. I will definitely be taking a break before playing 5-7. I like collectibles, but this was a little much.
167 character tokens
20 red bricks
50 students in peril
200 gold bricks
24 house crests made of 4 pieces each so 96 collectibles.

These TT games people don't mess around when it comes to game content. I was really impressed to even see a sandbox map builder within the game.

DEtA4v4l.jpg

I adore the Lego games. I should get back to 100%'ing Indy one day.

I love them, the only problem is that when you complete them at 100% it's like now what?

I just 100%'d Lego Batman 2, Star Wars the Complete Saga on PS3, I think it's time to play them on PC :)

Caerith

I love Lego LOTR. It has achievements! And lots of crazy accessories. And it's great in co-op, especially in free play.

Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated. Yeah, I was checking via the Steam store page, but I finally installed the game and all the DLC is accessible within the game so it turns out all of it was over nothing.
I'm glad that worked out. Until the next expansion comes out in a month and your Civ V is no longer complete :p

Miner Wars was that game with BS always-on DRM and developers copping an attitude about it, right?

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Any recommendations for Steam games that run well on a Macbook Air?

I bought the telltale bundle including Walking Dead. Anything else (cheap?) I should be looking to get?

Blizzard

Banned
I thought I heard there was some way to get one of the LEGO Harry Potter games bugged so you couldn't ever finish all the collectibles/quests, but hopefully that's fixed if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom