• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I still don't get why they did that. :|

Yeah, I don't see the point in offering two versions when the difference between the two is a mere $5. Ditch the standard flavour and maybe even knock down Deluxe to $19.99.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Trust me, everyone from all over the globe has been doing it (me included, from Italy), it's very safe. You just need to add another billing address, no need to edit your real one nor your card details. Just add another address to your address book and select it when checking out. The card isn't linked to the billing address anyway.
You could even delete the fake address when you're done.
Hey, I'm from Italy too! :lol

I'll think about it... Now I don't think I have 6€ on my card, bummer.

Singularity worth it for $7.50?
I got it for $10 on 360 ages ago and didn't regret it. It plays reminiscent of Bioshock, but with time powers and monsters.

I don't know if I want to double dip for the PC version and play it again, but if you haven't played it yet I think it's worth it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
On Amazon UK you don't even have to use the 3-digit CVV code. Amazon have very lax payment requirements.

I can only assume Amazon is acutely aware of how much money international orders bring in because the address loophole is as easily closed as it is taken advantage of.

Caerith

The Civilization V Gold key I bought at Amazon did not unlock all the DLC it was supposed to unlock. I asked to look into it and possibly unlock the missing DLC.
Are you sure of this? I have the equivalent of Civ V Gold (GOTY + Korea/Wonders Bundle + G&K), but the Steam store (and the Enhanced Steam plugin) shows I'm missing some of the DLC and would let me re-buy them without the "You already own this" message. However, the DLC tab (right-click game title, Properties -> DLC) lists everything and when I load up the game I can play all the DLC.

Well damn, thanks man. You ever need anything, let me know.

By the way, go ahead and add me everyone: blueninjabe
Sent you a friendvite, and a groupvite.

Are you sure of this? I have the equivalent of Civ V Gold (GOTY + Korea/Wonders Bundle + G&K), but the Steam store (and the Enhanced Steam plugin) shows I'm missing some of the DLC and would let me re-buy them without the "You already own this" message. However, the DLC tab (right-click game title, Properties -> DLC) lists everything and when I load up the game I can play all the DLC.

What szaromir says is true. It happened to me when I bought Civ V Gold from Amazon during their Thanksgiving sale. It didn't register any of the DLC (almost like it was a vanilla Civ V key) and I had to buy it separately.

Caerith

What szaromir says is true. It happened to me when I bought Civ V Gold from Amazon during their Thanksgiving sale. It didn't register any of the DLC (almost like it was a vanilla Civ V key) and I had to buy it separately.
That's... really sucky. Amazon didn't reimburse you or provide you a new key?

That's... really sucky. Amazon didn't reimburse you or provide you a new key?

I purchased it from the U.S. store while I was on vacation in Italy for two weeks. By the time I realized what had happened, I felt it was too late/wasn't important enough to bother raising the issue. It was cheap enough that I wasn't upset over the issue.

Caerith

I purchased it from the U.S. store while I was on vacation in Italy for two weeks. By the time I realized what had happened, I felt it was too late/wasn't important enough to bother raising the issue. It was cheap enough that I wasn't upset over the issue.
Ah. Still sucky, but if it happened to both you and Szaromir, then the fault really lies with Amazon for giving out the wrong keys.

Szaromir, if you're reading this: contact Amazon directly.

Happy birthday! If you want a neon shooty thing, buy Far Cry Blood Dragon. If you like the wild west and good narration and arcade shooting, buy Call of Juarez Gunslinger. If you like furry stuff, buy Dust: An Elysian Tail. If you like lonely indie puzzle games, buy Swapper. If you feel in the mood for a Diablo/Torchlight style game, buy Van Helsing.

Gunslinger has a demo, not sure about the others.

Thanks man, been great so far!

I'm not so into furry stuff, but the gameplay i've seen of Dust is quite intriguing. Will probably pull the trigger later. If anything, to support GAF!

Caerith

Thanks man, been great so far!

I'm not so into furry stuff, but the gameplay i've seen of Dust is quite intriguing. Will probably pull the trigger later. If anything, to support GAF!
Happy birthday!

Dust is a furry game? I wish I had known there was a yiffing minigame before I bought it.

XfKTHHs.jpg
I think there's a line between "furry" and "anthropomorphized animals," though. The best version of Robin Hood is the latter, and everything on fanfiction.net is the former. So as long as Dust doesn't get fanfiction, it isn't furry.

Exuro

Just finished/100%'d Thomas was Alone. Very fun game with an amazing soundtrack. Worth it just to listen to the music.

HoosTrax

Just finished/100%'d Thomas was Alone. Very fun game with an amazing soundtrack. Worth it just to listen to the music.
Enjoyed the game greatly -- who knew so much personality could be imbued into simple four-sided polygons. Also, best use of narration since Bastion.

I'm not much into anthropomorphized animals or such usually (actually, this game treads fairly close to line for me in that regard), but it's a great game so far. The combat is extremely well-done, and those aesthetics...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Finally got around to finishing Amnesia today.

I'm thinking about picking up Half-Life 1 during the summer sale. Is the source version the way to go? I know there's the black mesa mod out there, but I'd rather play one of the original versions.

The Source version has a bunch of weird mistakes that were never fixed and it looks bizarre. Just play HL1 classic.

szaromir

Banned
Ah. Still sucky, but if it happened to both you and Szaromir, then the fault really lies with Amazon for giving out the wrong keys.

Szaromir, if you're reading this: contact Amazon directly.
Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated. Yeah, I was checking via the Steam store page, but I finally installed the game and all the DLC is accessible within the game so it turns out all of it was over nothing.

Happy birthday!

Dust is a furry game? I wish I had known there was a yiffing minigame before I bought it.

I think there's a line between "furry" and "anthropomorphized animals," though. The best version of Robin Hood is the latter, and everything on fanfiction.net is the former. So as long as Dust doesn't get fanfiction, it isn't furry.

Thanks!

Salsa

me2arf3.jpg

Stallion Free seems to be the only reular steam gaf member featured in the documentary (took the pic from the other thread ignore the circle)

Stallion Free? now this is some bs gametrailers

Finally got around to finishing Amnesia today.

I'm thinking about picking up Half-Life 1 during the summer sale. Is the source version the way to go? I know there's the black mesa mod out there, but I'd rather play one of the original versions.
If you won't play Black Mesa then play the original and skip source.

I would sugest you to play Black Mesa, really fateful to the original and lots better of course. Only problem it lacks the final part of the game which is mediocre or at least the worst part of it. Maybe you can play Black Mesa and then see a video of the missing part.

1-D_FTW

If you won't play Black Mesa then play the original and skip source.

I would sugest you to play Black Mesa, really fateful to the original and lots better of course. Only problem it lacks the final part of the game which is mediocre or at least the worst part of it. Maybe you can play Black Mesa and then see a video of the missing part.

I still think the AI in the original makes up for the inferior graphics. Source is a downgrade and Black Mesa is a HUGE downgrade.

zkylon

zkylewd
me2arf3.jpg

Stallion Free seems to be the only reular steam gaf member featured in the documentary (took the pic from the other thread ignore the circle)

Stallion Free? now this is some bs gametrailers

so disappointing not to see my name up there

I'm here all the fucking day damnit

and for what?

NOTHING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom