• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

DagsJT

I don't suppose anyone has a copy of Football Manager 2013 that they're willing to sell? Missed the sales recently and all up to full price now.

Cheers

FloatOn

made some good use of a random case of insomnia and beat Dishonored. It's now 5am and I'm blown away by how good this game was.

It may not have as good of a story as Bioshock Infinite (it was far simpler) but in terms of steampunk awesomeness and gameplay, Dishonored crushes it. I want to say that this is pretty much the same feeling I had playing Mark of the Ninja but, you know, not in 2d.

If for some stupid reason you haven't played this, don't miss out on it.

How exactly do you post videos on a game's Community Hub page? I've made a Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon video I'd like to share there, but I'm not exactly sure how.

Tomodachi

Do you like strategic games? Boring but clever experiences where all you have to do is send a ship from town to town dispatching goods and making profit? Rising in your way up the ranks of global economic dominance at the end of the fucking Middle Ages? Then I've hidden a steam key for you in this post.

Dr Dogg

I adore the Lego games. I should get back to 100%'ing Indy one day.

Urgh that was the straw that broke the camels back for me. 100%ing The Star Wars games were fun, Batman even more so but Indy was a total grind fest of going back and forth between the same fecking levels and the University non stop. At least with Bataman you got to play as the villains. In the end I press ganged my niece into finishing of Indy for me. I probably buy the sequel when it inevitably goes on sale at summer like a muppet.

Milamber

Do you like strategic games? Boring but clever experiences where all you have to do is send a ship from town to town dispatching goods and making profit? Rising in your way up the ranks of global economic dominance at the end of the fucking Middle Ages? Then I've hidden a steam key for you in this post.

Lies! This is not Capitalism II.

Why aren't you on Steam? *sob*

Tak3n

Banned
Guys

Dont forget Swapper, stunning game and if you go to the thread "soundtrack" on the steam forum page, the dev gives a link to buy from them at $11 or £7.50 making it even cheaper (also includes the soundtrack)

amazing game and derserves all the support, they are literally 4 guys if I recall who made the game

Milamber

Capitalism II...in the late middle ages? Which version of Capitalism II did you play?

Frankly, I just jumped when he said "Do you like strategic games?" and I immediately hoped it was. I should have read the rest.

EDIT: I didn't take the key btw cause I already got the game.

Tak3n

Banned
Its so hard to end an amazing game.

Half-Life 1 and System Shock 2 are perfect examples of the gameplay near the end really affecting the entire experience in a negative way.

I actually thought Half-Life 2 had a perfect ending.

The amazing game being subjective, I remember Zombie U last level, it was all designed about making you want to through yourself through a window.....

made some good use of a random case of insomnia and beat Dishonored. It's now 5am and I'm blown away by how good this game was.

It may not have as good of a story as Bioshock Infinite (it was far simpler) but in terms of steampunk awesomeness and gameplay, Dishonored crushes it. I want to say that this is pretty much the same feeling I had playing Mark of the Ninja but, you know, not in 2d.

was slightly let down by the ending tbh....but the game was pretty fantastic on a whole.

someone already nabbed it...but thanks!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Guys

Don't forget Swapper, stunning game and if you go to the thread "soundtrack" on the steam forum page, the dev gives a link to buy from them at $11 or £7.50 making it even cheaper (also includes the soundtrack)

amazing game and deserves all the support, they are literally 4 guys if I recall who made the game

Swapper is a legitimately good indie game so it's gonna get ignored, sorry.

Chronoja

I agree with you about Dishonored except I would argue that neither Bioshock Infinite or Dishonored are steampunk games. Infinite being set in the 1910's, the only thing being steampunk about it would be the use of airships. Dishonored is closer to steampunk but its aesthetic is merged with a...futuristic, industrial whatever you want to call it. Nothing in the game is steam driven, since whale oil is their main power source.

sprinkles

The high chaos ending was far more interesting than the low chaos ending that I got :
I loved the high Chaos ending.
Corvo's daughter slowly driven darker and darker (as witnessed by her paintings, audio logs) by my murderous rampage and becoming the opposite of the kind ruler her mother was. Quite satisfying in a morbid way.

The high chaos ending was far more interesting than the low chaos ending that I got :\

played High Chaos...well shit

I loved the high Chaos ending.
Corvo's daughter slowly driven darker and darker (as witnessed by her paintings, audio logs) by my murderous rampage and becoming the opposite of the kind ruler her mother was. Quite satisfying in a morbid way.

Yeah I guess it was kind of anticlimactic. I did play through the end twice
because I basically sniped Havlock from the stair case and Emily fell. Oops. Than played it again and saved Emily.

Chronoja

Still overpriced.

If you outside the U.S. the $9.99 COD4 is cheaper than it's been on sale on steam since Acti tend to apply a 1:1 price conversion, as in, here in the U.K COD4 has been on sale on steam for as low as £9.99. That's ~£6.57 on sale at the moment.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
-->Full list of active Steam activated deals can be found in this post<--

[Gamestop]
[GMG] - use code GMG20-JLKSA-7A8HA for an additional 20% off
[Square Enix]

Momentary

Banned
Something tells me Mortal Kombat: Arcade Kollection is going to be a pre order bonus for the new Mortal Kombat on Steam, so I'm not going to bite.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
MK AK is not even worth the trouble.

Isn't online completely fucked and the sound a little weird, like some samples are super high quality, while others are lower quality than the arcade counterparts? Also, wasn't the game ported to Unreal Engine but still using old assets? And some of the ninja's sprites are weirdly different in the middle of the animation? I clearly remember a couple frames being washed out in the uppercut animation in subzero on the giantbomb quicklook.

Wasn't there some speculation on the fact that MK1 was supposed to be remade in higher definition/along with MK9, but then the project got dropped and we got a compilation instead, and that's why it all runs in Unreal Engine and we get some weird audio issues like I mentioned before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom