• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
not a big fan of non-games but KR0 may be one of my early gotys

so far bio infinite, fez, little inferno and KR0.

indies delivered for me this year

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'd say KR0 is my front-runner at this stage, though I haven't played through many 2013 titles thus far (KR0, BioInf, Tomb Raider... uh, I think that's about it).

zkylon

zkylewd
I'd say KR0 is my front-runner at this stage, though I haven't played through many 2013 titles thus far (KR0, BioInf, Tomb Raider... uh, I think that's about it).

yeah KR0 is my pick too.

I think that spot would be fez's if I had actually had the brains to finish it.

my final goty is prolly gonna be dark souls 2 tho, either that or my biggest heartbreak

FloatOn

I'm planning on picking up KR0 when everything is out, which is what I did with Walking Dead. I can't stand waiting...

If Terraria is anything to go by I think Starbound will be my 2013 goty, If it actually happens this year.

my final goty is prolly gonna be dark souls 2 tho, either that or my biggest heartbreak

That's supposed to be march 2014 though :/

FloatOn

damn why did I think it was gonna be released in 2013!?

the heartbreak begins...

On the one hand it sucks that we have to wait as long as we do but then again it's a relief to know that they are not rushing it.

Now, if they delay it again come march of next year that's when I'll start getting upset.

zkylon

zkylewd
On the one hand it sucks that we have to wait as long as we do but then again it's a relief to know that they are not rushing it.

Now, if they delay it again come march of next year that's when I'll start getting upset.

2013 just got a hell of a lot worse

2014 is now even better tho PE + dark souls 2

it'll be a hard battle for gets to have my heart

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Just tried out the demo for Gunpoint, seems like it will be a brilliant stealth platformer. It's a weird cross between Elevator Action and, I dunno, Mark of the Ninja. Maybe Elevator Action is a bad point of comparison given how non- or low-violence are the highly rewarded play styles.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/206190/

this is really fun based of the 5 mins I played this morning. going on the wishlist, will pick it up tI think.

Scratches my mark of the ninja/monaco itch quite well.

Stealth games are on a comeback it appears.

Nabs

man, you guys were spot on with Hotline Miami...that soundtrack is fantastic. I'm getting my ass kicked right now, but loving the music.

Oh yes. The HLM soundtrack is pretty fucking great. You can also find it in the game directory if you want to take it with you.

Tips for HLM: You can hold shift to look around, and use middle mouse to lock on. I don't recommend using lock on as a crutch. It can come in handy when there's a single enemy in your way.

Oh yes. The HLM soundtrack is pretty fucking great. You can also find it in the game directory if you want to take it with you.

Tips for HLM: You can hold shift to look around, and use middle mouse to lock on. I don't recommend using lock on as a crutch. It can come in handy when there's a single enemy in your way.

Just started using shift more, very helpful. I'm still learning the various reactions from enemies. Sometimes I can blow into a room and tag a guy before he gets me...Other times I barely peek around a corner and the guy can 180 and blast me.

Great little game though.

Tomodachi

Just wondering. Should I start resizing my hopes for Castlevania LoS on Steam at this point? Did we ever get more info apart from the registry entry?

It's definitely coming. The developers were playing it on Steam.
3s6sjv.jpg

great news!

Grief.exe

Just wondering. Should I start resizing my hopes for Castlevania LoS on Steam at this point? Did we ever get more info apart from the registry entry?

I found achievements for it in the registry, if it has achievements, then it is just a matter of time.

Be patient, I have a feeling we are going to hear a lot of things from Konami about PC releases from E3.

Tomodachi

It's definitely coming. The developers were playing it on Steam.

I found achievements for it in the registry, if it has achievements, then it is just a matter of time.

Be patient, I have a feeling we are going to hear a lot of things from Konami about PC releases from E3.

Yay! Not my most wanted game ever to be honest, but I hear the story and the second half are very good so I'm definitely curious.

hlhbk

Yay! Not my most wanted game ever to be honest, but I hear the story and the second half are very good so I'm definitely curious.

Its great! That being said I started playing it after I heard about the Steam version and due to the terrible FPS I am waiting for the PC version.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It's really good. Looking forward to a 2nd playthrough with more of the mode options available. Really lame that you need to buy a DLC to 'customize' your soldiers.

I was content with the options provided in game, but yeah the 5$ price point is super lame. Minerva's Den for Bioshock 2 is 5$ on PC. From the same publisher.

Grief.exe

I think I have decided that I like strategy games.

I just haven't played enough of them to realize how much I like them.

I am going to start playing Advance Wars on my Micro during my commute.

nexen

It's really good. Looking forward to a 2nd playthrough with more of the mode options available. Really lame that you need to buy a DLC to 'customize' your soldiers.

Really? The option is available on the same menu as the loadout for me. I didn't think I had any dlc. Not that I'd use that feature anyways.

I have tried half a dozen separate times to get into the original XCOM. I just can't get past that early 90s UI. :(

I'm cut my teeth on archaic 1980s PC RPGs. X-Com UFO Defense has a super intuitive interface compared to some of the shit I had to put up as a child. :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wait, is it being removed from the store?

Nah, the Steam Store version is still there (last updated a couple of weeks ago), it's just that our hopes of third-party retailers getting keys for the game have apparently been dashed.

I don't think we need to worry about the game disappearing from the store; Saber is independent and Acti owns the IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom