• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I could have sworn I already owned TimeShift.

Oh well, next sale.

Which I hope isn't in the next three weeks as I'll be camping

The issue is that the TimeShift's general sale discount is a piddly 25%, meaning you're still paying over $10 for a game that should have been 75% off a hundred times by now. :(

ngt

I could have sworn I already owned TimeShift.

Oh well, next sale.

Which I hope isn't in the next three weeks as I'll be camping

How to increase your sale numbers of a 6 years old game? Spread a rumor that it's going to be removed from Steam.

bndadm

Picked up Oblivion Deluxe from yesterday's Deal of the Day.

Downloaded for 6 hours last night and only 25% complete. Holy moses.

I hemed and hawed on the Morrowind and didn't get it. Good chances it or Fallout 3 GotY go on sale for the Summer sale? This will be my first Steam seasonal sale and I'm rather quite excited!

Also picked up Alan Wake complete because...it's Alan Wake! Excited to finally play American Nightmare.

Grief.exe

Picked up Oblivion Deluxe from yesterday's Deal of the Day.

Downloaded for 6 hours last night and only 25% complete. Holy moses.

I hemed and hawed on the Morrowind and didn't get it. Good chances it or Fallout 3 GotY go on sale for the Summer sale? This will be my first Steam seasonal sale and I'm rather quite excited!

Also picked up Alan Wake complete because...it's Alan Wake! Excited to finally play American Nightmare.

Welcome to Steam!

You should pick up Alan Wake as well, its very cheap right now and worth another play through down the line. Sale goes down in an hour.

You should have picked up Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim and kind of a step down overall from Morrowind, albeit with slightly updated gameplay. Needless to say, Morrowind comes heavily recomended, and looks great when heavily modded.

Fallout 3 will be on sale, should get down to about 5 dollars.

Make sure to install this mod: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=48779214&postcount=1121

2eys3i.png

3pls1s.png

439s40.png

5xnswb.png

Really? The option is available on the same menu as the loadout for me. I didn't think I had any dlc. Not that I'd use that feature anyways.

I'm cut my teeth on archaic 1980s PC RPGs. X-Com UFO Defense has a super intuitive interface compared to some of the shit I had to put up as a child. :(

It was a preorder bonus that they released into the 'Elite Soldier' DLC.

Grief.exe

I hope Konami goes back to Metroidvania style for subsequent Handheld releases.

They can keep trying new things with the 3D Castlevanias since they haven't really found anything that clicks yet.

From already made the perfect 3D Castlevania title.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
New deals:

[Gamefly]
[Gamersgate] - use code elder-geek.com for an additional 20% off
[GMG] - use code GMG20-JLKSA-7A8HA for an additional 20% off
[Indie Gala Store] - price in parentheses is the lowest price possible, obtainable by using Gala points
Reminders:

[Amazon - Deals of the Week]
[Bundle In A Box]
  • $1.99+
    • Blackwell Convergence
    • Blackwell Deception
    • Blackwell Legacy
    • Blackwell Unbound
    • Hacker Evolution Untold
  • $4.07+
    • Hacker Evolution
    • Hacker Evolution Duality
    • Hamlet
    • Secret of the Magic Crystals
[Bundle Stars]
[Gamefly]
[Gamestop]
[Groupees Be Mine 8] - 36 hours left
  • $1.00
    • Fairy Bloom Freesia
    • Karateka
    • Patrician IV: Steam Special Edition
    • Patrician IV: Rise of a Dynasty DLC
    • Primordia
    • Slam Bolt Scrappers
  • $5.00+
    • Blood Bowl Legendary Edition
    • Drakensang
    • Blades of Time Limited Edition
[Humble Bundle Weekly] - comes as one key, Walking Dead is separate
  • $1.00+
    • Back to the Future: The Game
    • Hector: Badge of Carnage
    • Poker Night at the Inventory
    • Puzzle Agent 1 & 2
    • Sam & Max: Devil’s Playhouse (Season 3)
    • Wallace & Gromit’s Grand Adventures
  • $4.32+

• The Walking Dead
[Humble Indie Bundle 8]

• $1.00+
    • Awesomenauts
    • Awesomenauts: Cluck DLC
    • Capsized
    • Dear Esther
    • Little Inferno
    • Thomas Was Alone
  • $5.62+
    • Hotline Miami
    • Proteus
[Indie Royale]
  • Hammerhead Bundle - $5.47
    • Forge
    • Gas Guzzlers: Combat Carnage (Greenlight)
    • Pressure
    • Primordia
    • Richard & Alice (Greenlight)
    • ? Mystery Game ?
[IndieGameStand]
  • $1.00
    • Miner Wars Arena
  • $2.15+
    • Miner Wars 2081
[Nuuvem - 2 for $9.74] - 4 hours left
  • Commandos Collection
    • Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines
    • Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty
    • Commandos II: Men of courage
    • Commandos III: Destination Berlin
  • Confrontation
  • Fallout: New Vegas (vanilla)
  • Hitman: Absolution
  • Risen 2: Dark Waters
  • The Cave
  • Total War: Shogun 2

Tomodachi

Well it's a character action game. Do you play DMC or Bayonetta for the story?
Is LoS that action driven? But in any case, I'm not talking about good storytelling and writing of course, no castlevania game has that, I... just hope it doesn't suck.
I'd like to see a classical story of Belmonts vs Dracula, at least :(

The story? The story in LoS is laughable. The gameplay however is great and the graphics and sound are outstanding.

For what it's worth, I liked the story. Sure, it's nothing life-changing but it fit the tone and the presentation was great as well.

I hope Konami goes back to Metroidvania style for subsequent Handheld releases.

They can keep trying new things with the 3D Castlevanias since they haven't really found anything that clicks yet.

From already made the perfect 3D Castlevania title.

The whole concept of CV:LOS - Mirror of Fate is kinda stupid. It's a 2D game with LOS gameplay and set between LOS1 and 2 on a platform that has neither. I still enjoyed it and 100%ed it but I'd rather have had a followup to Order of Ecclesia.

And no, Dark/Demon's Souls doesn't have enough platforming for a CV.

Is LoS that action driven? But in any case, I'm not talking about good storytelling and writing of course, no castlevania game has that, I... just hope it doesn't suck.
I'd like to see a classical story of Belmonts vs Dracula, at least :(

Err... I gotta disappoint you.

bndadm

Welcome to Steam!

You should pick up Alan Wake as well, its very cheap right now and worth another play through down the line. Sale goes down in an hour.

You should have picked up Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim and kind of a step down overall from Morrowind, albeit with slightly updated gameplay. Needless to say, Morrowind comes heavily recomended, and looks great when heavily modded.

Fallout 3 will be on sale, should get down to about 5 dollars.

Make sure to install this mod: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=48779214&postcount=1121

Thanks for the information! I grabbed Alan Wake complete series (AW 1, DLC, and AN).

I've actually played Oblivion before on 360 and started Morrowind a few times but never made much progress. Definately want to play Morrowind with the graphics mods. Because of my time investment and my personal inability to make choices outside of the "good guy" mold, I never maximize the potential of these open world games.

My PC seems to run most everything well except GTA 4 (dual core CPU) so it's really kind of a new experience with some of these games coming over from the consoles. So sharp and crisp!

Grief.exe

Thanks for the information! I grabbed Alan Wake complete series (AW 1, DLC, and AN).

I've actually played Oblivion before on 360 and started Morrowind a few times but never made much progress. Definately want to play Morrowind with the graphics mods. Because of my time investment and my personal inability to make choices outside of the "good guy" mold, I never maximize the potential of these open world games.

My PC seems to run most everything well except GTA 4 (dual core CPU) so it's really kind of a new experience with some of these games coming over from the consoles. So sharp and crisp!

GTAIV is arguably one of the worst ports of all time, and it is very CPU dependent.

I wouldn't worry too much about that. GTAV is running on the Max Payne 3 version of their engine, so hopefully the port quality is much higher.

Who else is getting this shirt?

1014661.png

http://arcaderepublictees.com/view/1014661/hotline-miami-80s-retro-indie-pc-game-black-t-shirt

feel

Is it me or are people abusing the Take One/Give One thread by breaking up Humble Bundle keys and getting back several games?
That thread is a bit of a mess, sadly. I have some $10/$15 games collecting dust in my steam inventory that I wouldn't mind tossing in there, but I don't want to get replied with "THANKS! Who wants a Dear Esther?"

HoosTrax

Anyone here recommend Retro/Grade? Heard it's awesome in 3D, but I know nothing of the actual game quality.
Do you have a toy guitar (as in a Rock Band or Guitar Hero one)? Because it's more of one of those types of games.

You can play it with a keyboard if you must though, but I feel like you're not getting the most out of it. I posted a video of me doing the first level on Extreme difficulty with a keyboard.

It's a decent game, but it's more of a game that would be fun in a social setting, where you can laugh at your friends failing / spazzing out trying to hit the right notes.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Gotta... resist... buying... Retro/Grade...

Do you have a toy guitar (as in a Rock Band or Guitar Hero one)? Because it's more of one of those types of games.

You can play it with a keyboard if you must though, but I feel like you're not getting the most out of it. I posted a video of me doing the first level on Extreme difficulty with a keyboard.

It's a decent game, but it's more of a game that would be fun in a social setting, where you can laugh at your friends failing / spazzing out trying to hit the right notes.
Does it work with a PS2 guitar connected through a PS2/USB adaptor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom