• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

Do you have a toy guitar (as in a Rock Band or Guitar Hero one)? Because it's more of one of those types of games.

You can play it with a keyboard if you must though, but I feel like you're not getting the most out of it. I posted a video of me doing the first level on Extreme difficulty with a keyboard.

It's a decent game, but it's more of a game that would be fun in a social setting, where you can laugh at your friends failing / spazzing out trying to hit the right notes.

Meh. I don't have a guitar. Thanks for the impressions though. Definitely rather find that out before it's added to the library.

HoosTrax

Gotta... resist... buying... Retro/Grade...

Does it work with a PS2 guitar connected through a PS2/USB adaptor?
Hmm, I'm not too sure on this one to be honest. Can you use JoyToKey with that thing? If yes, then you can just use the keyboard/rhythm control scheme.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Wait, when we say solid colors this is okay, right:

eRcLqUT.jpg

Milamber

It's called the adult club, and it sucks.

Excuse me? Being in my 30's and having a reason to dress like a snappy Colombian like Manny Delgado in Modern Family and actually pulling it off is awesome. I just wish I can rock a strawhat fedora with enough confidence though.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
So whats the verdict on Anna?

(and if its good, anyone from the us wanting to buy it for me? i can paypal)

It's vastly improved over the original version (you get both the old and new version with a purchase) but it's still not a good horror game. A few soggy puzzle sequences and showstopping glitches make it difficult for me to recommend but I feel like Dreampainters do deserve some sales for taking all of the criticism they were given and redoing almost the entire game.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, I'm not too sure on this one to be honest. Can you use JoyToKey with that thing? If yes, then you can just use the keyboard/rhythm control scheme.
No idea, I have never used that software before. I could try using it, sounds like a good idea.

Just in case it doesn't work, is it still enjoyable with keyboard or 360 pad?

Played the demo on 360 way back. Wasn't impressed. We'll see.
I had played the demo at a friend's back in the Middle Ages and didn't like it either, thought it was a run-of-the-mill brawler/button masher. When I got it on the last summer sale
(and actually played it, for a change)
, I was amazed by its awesomeness. It is fucking awesome.

It's vastly improved over the original version (you get both the old and new version with a purchase) but it's still not a good horror game. A few soggy puzzle sequences and showstopping glitches make it difficult for me to recommend but I feel like Dreampainters do deserve some sales for taking all of the criticism they were given and redoing almost the entire game.

It is nice to hear they did that. Guess I should support them.. if I find someone from america to help me out :p

Anyone?

No idea, I have never used that software before. I could try using it, sounds like a good idea.

Just in case it doesn't work, is it still enjoyable with keyboard or 360 pad?

I had played the demo at a friend's back in the Middle Ages and didn't like it either, thought it was a run-of-the-mill brawler/button masher. When I got it on the last summer sale
(and actually played it, for a change)
, I was amazed by its awesomeness. It is fucking awesome.

brofist.gif

Really enjoyable game from start to end...Even the Riddler stuff isn't TOO bad as far as a collect-athon goes.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I just finished Alien: Colonial Marines.... how did Gearbox fuck away 5 years worth of development money on this? How has Sega not sued them into the ground?

The visuals are pretty massively improved with all the patches, but the game is still incredibly messy, unpolished, and horribly written.

Joe Molotov

I just finished Alien: Colonial Marines.... how did Gearbox fuck away 5 years worth of development money on this? How has Sega not sued them into the ground?

The visuals are pretty massively improved with all the patches, but the game is still incredibly messy, unpolished, and horribly written.

If Sega tried to sue Gearbox for making a shit game, Gearbox could just submit Shadow the Hedgehog as evidence and get the case thrown out.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
brofist.gif

Really enjoyable game from start to end...Even the Riddler stuff isn't TOO bad as far as a collect-athon goes.
Yeah, though I had like 6 or 7 trophies remaining when I beat the game. There were 2 that I didn't know how to get, probably in a hidden area or something.

Now I really wanna play AC, but I'm clinging to the hope that GMG will repeat that $4.80 sale they had several months ago for the GOTY edition. I'll probably cave in before that, $7.50 isn't too bad of a price either. It's just difficult to bite when you know it had been cheaper before...

please tell me all the aliens do the jank walk.

Yeah, though I had like 6 or 7 trophies remaining when I beat the game. There were 2 that I didn't know how to get, probably in a hidden area or something.

Now I really wanna play AC, but I'm clinging to the hope that GMG will repeat that $4.80 sale they had several months ago for the GOTY edition. I'll probably cave in before that, $7.50 isn't too bad of a price either. It's just difficult to bite when you know it had been cheaper before...

I think thats when i picked both up in the same week for about $8 total. It felt criminal

Yeah, that's not a gltich or anything hard to capture. It's literally the animation for the type of Aliens in this one level. The Alien animations are across the board terribad.

that's fantastic. Will wait for $5 sale for some hilarious alien jank.

Grief.exe

Through 3 chapters of Alan Wake and I'm only missing 3 manuscript pages.

Might go back after I'm all finished and get the Collector's Edition achievement.

Hopefully Valve implements choosing what Achievements you want to show for the showcase soon. Probably easier said than done.

oh Valve. I want the achievement showcase...but can't be bothered to sort these badges out. Maybe when the prices bottom out and i have some extra steam-bux left over.

Every month Steam gets a reasonable client upgrade right? Seems like they have been working on the community section along with profile. Hopefully the game library is next.

Seems Bioshock Infinite disappeared from my Steam list. I mean, I know I said I was disappointed and all but they didn't have to go out of their way to improve the aggregate quality of my collection.

This demands a support ticket.

Seems Bioshock Infinite disappeared from my Steam list. I mean, I know I said I was disappointed and all but they didn't have to go out of their way to improve the aggregate quality of my collection.

This demands a support ticket.

Did someone gift it to you? May also be a fluke, try restarting. I had a game missing and contacted Valve. I had to rename the Steam apps folder and then restart the client.

sprinkles

Amazon has a bundle of Modern Warfare 1-3 for $40. I played a little bit of the first one at a friend's console years ago but no more than a few hours. I only have a mild interest in the single player (all games are supposedly really short though?) and none at all in the multiplayer. Is this bundle worth it for me?

After actually playing the games, I don't feel that the newest Humble Bundle is that great anymore.

Hotline Miami is obviously great and I'm having fun with Thomas Was Alone... but Proteus, Little Inferno and Dear Esther were kinda misses for me, even though I completed the latter two. I'll see how I feel about Awesomenauts or Capsized.

Grief.exe

Amazon has a bundle of Modern Warfare 1-3 for $40. I played a little bit of the first one at a friend's console years ago but no more than a few hours. I only have a mild interest in the single player (all games are supposedly really short though?) and none at all in the multiplayer. Is this bundle worth it for me?

That seems ridiculous, but then again Activision.

I've seen Modern Warefare 1/2 hit ~$10 on Steam/Amazon/GMG so that price probably isn't that bad.

I would personally recommend not spending that much money for those games, but its up to you.

Did someone gift it to you? May also be a fluke, try restarting. I had a game missing and contacted Valve. I had to rename the Steam apps folder and then restart the client.
Purchased the CD key from someone here actually so I have a feelin' about how this is gonna go down. But I'm gonna go through support first anyway.

Now to wait on their response. Any week now.

Keep us updated if you dont mind.
Anything for Michael Bolton.

Good luck dude, hope everything ends up well for you.
It's alright, it's not like my life is going to be affected one way or another.

Only thing that really bugs me about this is that the only way I found out was because I was explicitly looking for Bioshock Infinite in my list only to notice it missing. I don't know when it was revoked, and I was never prompted that it was removed. That only begs the question, oh god, has this happened before? I now need to keep an inventory of my Steam games to make sure nothing ends up lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom