• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I wanna install these games to card farm in the hopes I'll get a foil to sell for $20 to a sucker.

Well that was quick
UnHz7Tx.png

I was playing Faerie Solitaire and twice I got an in game message telling me I'd unlocked an achievement, but I didn't get a popup about either of them, and they don't show up as unlocked in my list of achievements.

EDIT: Nevermind, I started the game again and went into the achievements section of the game and they both popped.

1-D_FTW

Is there a wiki somewhere that shows what games have badges?

I don't like how it only shows 2 games in your badge section. I've yet to figure out how to look at all my games that are eligible. It just seems to randomly remove games from my list.

Caerith

Took me 40 hrs /getonmylevel
Any tips, then? I have 5 pages fully evolved + 1 unevolved, but it was at least an hour of gameplay before getting that last egg. The drop rate for eggs is really disproportionate to the game length.

It's sleazy as fuck but it really is no one's fault for being stupid except those who are stupid.
Only in capitalism does generosity = stupidity.

jediyoshi

But that just shows badges. I'm talking about all eligible games. More specifically, trading card info. Like my HL2 data got lost into the ether a while ago. And now Portal 2 has been replaced by Really Big Sky and it's gone. I've heard people say Deadlight had badges a while ago, but if it does, it never showed as available for me.

Sounds like a bug then. It should be showing all your eligible games for cards and what cards you have for them. My page shows BL2, TF2, CSGO, Really Big Sky, Portal 2, HL2, and Faerie Solitaire all on a single list.

1-D_FTW

They've never been made available yet. They've only been announced by the developers.

Ah. Okay. So maybe it just shows a maximum of two if you've sold everything off. :lol

Only kept 3 TF2 cards. Sold all my HL2 and Portal 2 cards. Maybe that's why Really Big Sky knocked Portal 2 into the void (with HL2).

Sounds like a bug then. It should be showing all your eligible games for cards and what cards you have for them. My page shows BL2, TF2, CSGO, Really Big Sky, Portal 2, HL2, and Faerie Solitaire all on a single list.

Do you have cards for all these games? Or have you sold them all off? I'm wondering if that's why my list is weird.

I mean, what if I wanted to rebuy some cards. I still think these games should be listed so I know this is a possibility.

derExperte

Do you have cards for all of them? Because I only see those games.

catabarez

Ah. Okay. So maybe it just shows a maximum of two if you've sold everything off. :lol

Only kept 3 TF2 cards. Sold all my HL2 and Portal 2 cards. Maybe that's why Really Big Sky knocked Portal 2 into the void (with HL2).

If you sell the cards, they no long show up on the list. Except for TF2 it seems.

Tomodachi

Sounds like a bug then. It should be showing all your eligible games for cards and what cards you have for them. Mine shows BL2, TF2, CSGO, Really Big Sky, Portal 2, HL2, and Faerie Solitaire all on a single list.
Even those you don't have cards for in your inventory AND you already reached your max for droppings?

I'm in the same situation of 1-D_FTW, I'm not sure it's a bug.

I mean, what if I wanted to rebuy some cards. I still think these games should be listed so I know this is a possibility.

Probably the fact that you can't see the game means you don't have any card for that game (also proved from the lack of them in your inventory). You should try rebuying a, say, Portal 2 card and letting me know if the progress for the badge comes back in the badges page :p

1-D_FTW

Really Big cards are selling fast.

First card drop still sitting. And undercut by more than a penny :lol.

Come on people, the Summer sale needs funding. Buy that stupid crap.

EDIT: It just sold. :lol

Probably the fact that you can't see the game means you don't have any card for that game (also proved from the lack of them in your inventory). You should try rebuying a, say, Portal 2 card and letting me know if the progress for the badge comes back in the badges page :p

Tell you what, when cards are selling for .03 cents, I'll let you know on that one. :lol

jediyoshi

Even those you don't have cards for in your inventory AND you already reached your max for droppings?

I'm in the same situation of 1-D_FTW, I'm not sure it's a bug.

Haven't reached max drops, but definitely for games I don't have/never had cards

Do you have cards for all these games? Or have you sold them all off? I'm wondering if that's why my list is weird.

Most of them, don't have cards, haven't earned any for them

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Faerie Solitaire Cards:

Have Wizard's Promise

Want one of these:
Faerie World
Faerie's Plea
Stolen Magic
Fate's Grasp
Dark Warden

Also have a Don't Starve! Smallbirds profile background & :dswilson: I'd like to trade for 1 new background. In the mood for something new.

Tomodachi

Haven't reached max drops, but definitely for games I don't have/never had cards

My hypotesis is that when you'll drop every card for a game and you get rid of all of them, the game will go away. That would make sense I think, no reason to show you progress for a game you can't drop card for and you don't even have any actual progress for.
I dropped everything for every game I own and sold every card I dropped, so my guess is that I only see Faerie and RBS because they're the last 2 games that were there.

But anyway... first world problems!

1-D_FTW

I have suddenly many Solitaire fans in my friendlist online. :)

That and Really Big Sky. Pretty funny how a couple dollars, when it's found money, is exciting.

Speaking of Really Big Sky, I have no clue what's even going on it that. I don't know how it was still installed on my drive. Must have had it hidden away in my "Achievement Hunts" folder.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
OK, I have textmode TF2, Faerie Solitaire (aka "Best game ever!") and Really Big Sky running at the same time. I hope I can get at least one foil card, though I wouldn't count on it.

I'm planning on getting my HL2, Portal 2 and Runner 2 cards the legit way. Someday.

Oh, and I'm also shaking my 3DS for Play Coins right now. I'm a lazy person.

zkylon

zkylewd
OK, I have textmode TF2, Faerie Solitaire (aka "Best game ever!") and Really Big Sky running at the same time. I hope I can get at least one foil card, though I wouldn't count on it.

I'm planning on getting my HL2, Portal 2 and Runner 2 cards the legit way. Someday.

well dude with this economy, shit getting tough, we gotta do what we gotta do, amrite?

:lol come on, don't you ever leave your house?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
well dude with this economy, shit getting tough, we gotta do what we gotta do, amrite?
Yup, ArgenGAF unite. When the world comes to an end, we'll know how to scavenge and survive from the ruins, and will rise and create a new civilization.

:lol come on, don't you ever leave your house?
Yes, but not with the console! Last time I used it in the bus, some lowlife tried to steal it through the window.

Wrap it in a towel in the dryer on no heat
Dude, c'mon, that's disgusting!

my S3's screen is way better for that purpose, not that I ever tried it anyway

cicero

With recent developments I'm going to ask people to quote and ask for the game. First come, first serve.

Tiny and Big in Granpda's Leftovers Steam Key - Sent

English Country Tune Steam Key - Sent

Intrusion 2 Steam Key - Sent

Oil Rush Steam Key - Sent

Are all up for grabs, quote and pick, and I'll PM you the key.

EDIT: Keys all gone.

Thank you very much for your gifts!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
1dDHqpc.jpg

Bet those games never had that many people play them before, much less simultaneously (TF2 aside, of course).

the world will taste the iron fist of argiegaf

no salsas allowed
U R GAY

They could join forces with Super Mario Galaxy. I still don't understand how that slipped under Ninty's radar. Or was it on purpose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom