• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

1dDHqpc.jpg

Bet those games never had that many people play them before, much less simultaneously (TF2 aside, of course).

In my defense, I had 20 hours on Faerie Solitaire before today.
It's a great game to play while watching TV.

jediyoshi

Scooped up the RBS cards pretty quick, along with some other cards should hopefully cover this Tomb Raider DLC I was completely oblivious about

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
In my defense, I had 20 hours on Faerie Solitaire before today.
It's a great game to play while watching TV.
20 hours? Damn, there are only 4 games on my Steam account when I logged at least that many hours.

Guess I should start playing games more often... lol

I'm only 18 xp away from level 10 on Stream because I only got maybe 1/3 of the achievemts in the summer event a couple years ago. So now I'm going to have to buy cards on the market and craft a badge for 100xp if I want to get foils. Crap. I wish there was a way to get small increments of xp.

cicero

Really Big Sky crashes on startup. Actually had to go into Launch Options and set it to run in software mode. So I get the music and just a black screen. The things I do for cards...

Wow... that has gotta be a pricing error right? right?

Otherwise F2P games have officially gone off the deep end...

Capture_zps76f2aed2.png

Edit: Never mind, just saw the OT, apparently its just good ol' corporate greed. Lovely.

Caerith

I'm only 18 xp away from level 10 on Stream because I only got maybe 1/3 of the achievemts in the summer event a couple years ago. So now I'm going to have to buy cards on the market and craft a badge for 100xp if I want to get foils. Crap. I wish there was a way to get small increments of xp.
Well, there might be a new badge for the upcoming summer sale. Maybe.

sibarraz

Banned
I had been thinking, once that every single game has cards, how will prices be affected?

I guess that the demand will be lower for an specific game, so prices should drop a lot I guess

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
First one to reply to this get's a Humble Bundle I bought for my Nephew but he already bought it.

Includes Walking Dead.. because I'm not a cheap fuck.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Don't worry about buying cards--as new games get cards added, the odds that it'll be a game that you own will get higher, and you'll be able to play that. Then use a trading bot to swap your cards in those games for the set you want to finish.

FloatOn

So Marvel Heroes is pretty lame. It could be better later on but it isn't the Marvel Ultimate Alliance/X-Men Legends game I was hoping it would be.

Mairu

I was level 10 before getting any cards and I still haven't got any foils. So just assume you'll have shit luck like me :p

Blizzard

Banned
Well, I apparently had to reset my cable modem to get a connection when I powered everything on today, but before I did that I had already tried to connect to Steam. As a result, Steam got me back for not usually having problems with offline mode:

steam26puwd.png

I tried unplugging the Ethernet cable and got the same thing. As far as I know I -always- shut down Steam properly. So now, it's experiment time. I haven't restarted Steam since getting internet back, and I seem to recall there are instructions somewhere about a workaround, so I'm going to try to check if it's possible to get offline mode if you get stuck in this situation.

Anyone wants all these keys Awesomenauts, Awesomenauts Cluck Costume, Tiny and Big in Granpda's Leftovers, English Country Tune, Intrusion 2, and Oil Rush? First quote gets them all.

I'm so ready to play Shadowrun Returns hopefully later this month.

Sent sibarraz

sibarraz

Banned
Anyone wants all these keys Awesomenauts, Awesomenauts Cluck Costume, Tiny and Big in Granpda's Leftovers, English Country Tune, Intrusion 2, and Oil Rush? First quote gets them all.

I'm so ready to play Shadowrun Returns hopefully later this month.

I, already have the bundle, but I want to give the extra rewards for a friend which I gifted the below the average bundle

Blizzard

Banned
Why can't you log onto Steam to go offline again, Blizzard?
I can, but I want to find out if it's possible to use offline mode for people who have this problem, since I think this exact screen is one of the problems that happens to people and prevents them from using offline mode. In my case, I had no network cable, had shutdown Steam cleanly in the past, had login information saved, yet still no offline mode which is not cool at all. So far I've tried:

* deleted ClientRegistry.blob
* ran Steam, same problem
* deleted AppUpdateStats.blog
* ran Steam, same problem
* tried killing Steam.exe and/or steamerrorreported.exe and restarting Steam.exe, same problem
* tried running Steam.exe in Windows XP service pack 3 compatibility mode, same problem

Any other ideas?

Pandemic

Well this is awkward, I purchased the Humble Bundle 8 for personal use, then a second bundle to share around. Then once they introduced the new additional games, there were a few that I wanted, so I purchased it again today, but then realized that all three bundles include the additional games.. o.o

Xanathus

Well, I apparently had to reset my cable modem to get a connection when I powered everything on today, but before I did that I had already tried to connect to Steam. As a result, Steam got me back for not usually having problems with offline mode:

steam26puwd.png

I tried unplugging the Ethernet cable and got the same thing. As far as I know I -always- shut down Steam properly. So now, it's experiment time. I haven't restarted Steam since getting internet back, and I seem to recall there are instructions somewhere about a workaround, so I'm going to try to check if it's possible to get offline mode if you get stuck in this situation.

I opened this page in a tab and then switched to it while I was looking away from the monitor. Saw your screenshot and thought it was actually on my screen and tried clicking the button.

sibarraz

Banned
Thanks to IblisGinjo for the keys

Now I had a doubt, if I buy a HB as a gift, but I pay the below the average price, you can't upgrade that gift right? at least I never saw that option, so I didn't had the chance to give those games to my friend

Blizzard

Banned
One suggestion I'm seeing is saving winui.gcf, then restoring that backup copy if the error ever comes up in an offline situation. Of course I can't test that with my current setup since I didn't save the file, but maybe next time. =(

Zia

Was Faerie Solitaire part of a bundle at one point? Everyone seems to own it. I'm thinking of biting... I've wanted the TF2 pin, anyway.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Was Faerie Solitaire part of a bundle at one point? Everyone seems to own it. I'm thinking of biting... I've wanted the TF2 pin, anyway.

iirc they gave it away on steam, all you had to do was install it during a several day period and it was added to your account forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom