• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be disappointed if it didn't have GFWL, I actually liked collecting achievements for Asylum and City, its nice to show 1000/1000 gamerscore.

I got your back, buddy. Let's show them. Let's show them all.

Opera is a great browser. Tell them DS:
Nintendo_DS_Browser.jpg

nexen

I had no idea! Thank you, nexen! I love those games. I have the Xbox version, and I had also been playing the arcade version via MAME during "work" hours (it's so tempting to just Alt-Tab, blow some stuff up and get back to whatever disoriented, and repeat till the day is over.)

You are welcome rookiejet! It is on ios as well, as I just found out today from Xelios.
I'm glad that this knowledge will contribute to eroding your "work" ethic! :p

posted from my work computer

rookiejet

Isn't current Opera webkit based, or atleast stable is planned to switch to webkit (specifically Chrome's implementation of) at some point?

derFeef

Guys State of Decay if pretty fantastic, when it will eventually come to PC you will be in for a treat. And I will double-dip!

MRORANGE

Note: We will need a new thread in about 10 days if we continue to post like this.

I would prefer if someone else take the role of creating the Steam Thread, I've run this joint for years and it's time to move on.

It's been fun browsing this staple thread.

Bye for now.

derExperte

I got your back, buddy. Let's show them. Let's show them all.

YES MY FRIEND. 2014 will be the year of Opera.
May get delayed to 2015. Or 17.

Isn't current Opera webkit based, or atleast stable is planned to switch to webkit (specifically Chrome's implementation of) at some point?

Correct, they're changing to Blink and building a brand new browser in the process. http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/ Not sure yet if I like this tbh.

Grief.exe

I used to buy games from the GFWL store all the time, I though it was the bomb.

At least the games were DRM free....

What?

GFWL has been one of the most egregious forms of DRM we have seen.

And unless you can't read between the lines we might have a problem within the year whether GFWL games even function anymore.

Its not a question of if the service will ever be shutdown, its when. And where does that leave our games?

KingKong

Note: We will need a new thread in about 10 days if we continue to post like this.

I would prefer if someone else take the role of creating the Steam Thread, I've run this joint for years and it's time to move on.

Bye for now.

wouldnt it make mroe sense to wait for the summer sale to start, then have a summer sale thread and then a new Steam thread?

GAMERG0D

Bye for now.
Grief to take over?

It didn't need to client to be opened, you could play games without a internet connection without needing a unreliable offline mode and the game could be copied to any computer, and you could create offline profile for GFWL games too

source: I tested it.

It did need a client to be open and it opened it, just because it didn't have a nice window like Steam doesn't mean it doesn't exist. For both Steam and GFWL you needed to register your game once with the client and you can play offline afterwards. GFWL had lots of problem at creating that profile and Steam had problems with offline mode. You can copy any game you have to any machine you have with Steam too. And creating offline GWFL killed features and was generally well hidden.

Caerith

I have yet to play any Batman DLC. But I'm not buying it until its sub $10 anyways. That'll take about 3 months.
I have yet to play any Batman DLC either, but that's because I have the vanilla game and the DLC got pulled from Steam. I mean, I could spend 800 moon dollars to get it, but, honestly, shit like this just gives the pro-piracy argument a leg to stand on.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Tryst is currently 95% off on Steam, making it $1.24 for the base game, $1.49 for the premium edition and $2.99 for a 4-pack.

If you own the premium edition of Tryst you will now own the new Survival DLC.

Caerith

Tryst is currently 95% off on Steam, making it $1.24 for the base game, $1.49 for the premium edition and $2.99 for a 4-pack.

If you already owned the premium edition of Tryst you will now own the new Survival DLC.
Just 75% when I checked.

Also, I'm disappointed that a game called "Tryst" is an RTS. With a name like that, you'd expect some Catherine-type stuff. Makes about as much sense as naming a clothing store "Fresh Produce."

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Ridge Racer: Unbounded is $4.80 on GMG with the 20% discount voucher GMG20-JLKSA-7A8HA.

Inversion (NA) is $5.44 on GMG with the same voucher.

EU link.

Just 75% when I checked.

Also, I'm disappointed that a game called "Tryst" is an RTS. With a name like that, you'd expect some Catherine-type stuff. Makes about as much sense as naming a clothing store "Fresh Produce."

Still -95% for me (USA).

APOX - $3.74 and related are also 75% off on Steam.

jediyoshi

It did need a client to be open and it opened it, just because it didn't have a nice window like Steam doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Gfwl was much more lighter in its presence in that it launched simultaneously with the game and exited alongside it. Can be more preferable depending on how much overhead you're willing to deal with as far as the clients went. If gfwl and steam were to both go down right now,I imagine there'd be a bit less hassle to get into a gfwl game, switch profiles, etc

Repeating:
By the way I have:
Code:
50% OFF Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars
Code:
50% OFF Guns of Icarus Online
Code:
75% OFF Nexuiz 4-Pack
coupons.

I just want Skyrim Deluxe Edition in return of them. I can add a Dota 2 to the deal if needed.
Just kidding, find me on steam to get one of them.

Bye for now.

You and your threads will be missed. I already noticed that you weren't posting as often anymore.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Could be some type of loyalty stacking discount I guess. It's purchasable as a gift, so if anyone wants it 95% off I suppose ask someone who owns it to buy it for you.

In which case I would gladly PP you money for it when you're next about on Steam for the Premium edition etc? Much kittens to you if you could!

Gfwl was much more lighter in its presence in that it launched simultaneously with the game and exited alongside it. Can be more preferable depending on how much overhead you're willing to deal with as far as the clients went. If gfwl and steam were to both go down right now,I imagine there'd be a bit less hassle to get into a gfwl game, switch profiles, etc

I don't know for sure but can you play with an online profile offline? Also that Live Sign-in thing and other stuff it forced on your pc wasn't light. But you are right about the first, Steam doesn't go away when you exit the game.

Stop It

Xelios, you're not getting away that easy. Quick, someone PM me his PP address or something.

(Also, You're awesome and I will remember you during the Summer sale at the very least)

jediyoshi

I don't know for sure but can you play with an online profile offline? Also that Live Sign-in thing and other stuff it forced on your pc wasn't light. But you are right about the first, Steam doesn't go away when you exit the game.

Not 100% sure. But creating and using an offline made profile is so oddly straightforward, I don't think it treats the two very differently.

Stop It

7extonly told me the answer. If you own APOX you get an additional 20% off Tryst.

Edit: Grr

Ah, and of course, that's probably why Steam's discount stacking needs looking at.

$24.99 - 75% with an extra 20% off would be $5 approx but Valve do not use discounting how normal retailers do, heh. Still, awesome price!

Edit: As partial Karma balancing for this, if anyone wants a Spacechem key, pm me!

Not 100% sure. But creating and using an offline made profile is so oddly straightforward, I don't think it treats the two very differently.

As far as I know you couldn't switch your save games from offline to online or vice versa. That's why I never tried offline profile.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Opera is a great browser. Tell them DS:
Yeah, well, I admit the Wii version is not too good. Like, not at all. And the newest version for Android is literally a piece of shit (yes, with the smell and shape and texture and everything).

But on PC it's the best browser there is, and it has been ever since I started using it 12 years ago.

Ledsen

Yeah, well, I admit the Wii version is not too good. Like, not at all. And the newest version for Android is literally a piece of shit (yes, with the smell and shape and texture and everything).

But on PC it's the best browser there is, and it has been ever since I started using it 12 years ago.

preach on brother

GAMERG0D

I use Opera Mini for iOS, it's okay I guess.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Assuming the new Batman game is Steamworks, there won't ever be a second version of the game and DLC will never disappear from the store like GFWL DLC did.

It didn't need to client to be opened, you could play games without a internet connection without needing a unreliable offline mode and the game could be copied to any computer, and you could create offline profile for GFWL games too

source: I tested it.

You have an awful specific vision of what DRM entails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom