• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

8 cards, with 4 drops per account. I already have 3 of them, and when I last checked 14 hours ago, they were selling for $13.70 total (without counting the Valve cut, which would make the amount earned a little lower).

I'm afraid they may have come down in price today. Wish I had sold them last night.

I think they've come down. I probably asked after you went to bed.

This is why I like to sell immediately, although that doesn't always work either. Really Big Sky is actually selling a little higher than yesterday. Oh, well. Can't complain about free money. Too much.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
$10 for Knights of Pen & Paper?

lol no. Avoid folks, it's an ok little time waster but definitely not worth 10 (or 15 for the "special" edition, which just comes with a bunch of shitty IAP).

$10 for Knights of Pen & Paper?

lol no. Avoid folks, it's an ok little time waster but definitely not worth 10 (or 15 for the "special" edition, which just comes with a bunch of shitty IAP).

Got it for free on iOS at some point. iOS to Steam ports are always weird because of that.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Didn't see it mentioned:

http://www.bundlestars.com/

10 games, $5.01, All Steam:

Section 8 (first one, GFWL)
The First Templar
Legendary
Dream Pinball
Disciples 3
Insecticide
Tropico Trilogy (1,2,3)
Imperium Romanum
SpaceChem
Dino D-Day

On the fence myself. I want First Templar and Dream Pinball. Kind of want Disciples 3.

I know this is last page's subject, but that Tropico Trilogy includes the Tropico 3: Absolute Power DLC, so you might want to redeem that, even if you already have the Tropico Games from that bundle from earlier.

I did it anyway.

Grief.exe

What is this card drops business everyone seems to be talking about? Something to do with the new steam beta???

FAQJoin the BetaShow offRewardsSteam Trading Cards
Introducing
Steam Trading Cards are virtual cards earned by playing games on Steam. Sets of cards can be turned into game badges and tradable Steam community items.
Collect cards
Play any of the participating Trading Cards Beta games to get trading cards. Up to half the card set is dropped through game play, the other half is earned through your collecting prowess.
Craft game badges
Once you’ve collected a set of cards you can craft them into a game badge. Like the current badges, they are tied to your account and are shown on your profile. Unlike the current badges, crafting games badges earns you marketable items like emoticons, profile backgrounds, and coupons. Level up your badge by collecting the set again and earning more items.
Level Up
All badges now have XP which contributes to your Steam Level, a summary of your badge collection. You can view someone’s Steam Level by hovering over their avatar. Leveling up earns you non-tradable items like profile showcases, extra friends list slots, and more.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558088

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I think they've come down. I probably asked after you went to bed.

This is why I like to sell immediately, although that doesn't always work either. Really Big Sky is actually selling a little higher than yesterday. Oh, well. Can't complain about free money. Too much.
Fuck. I haven't thought of this last night, I wanted to keep them and craft the badge. I didn't realize at the time that I could have sold them for $13 and rebought them for much less somewhere down the line. And I would even have spare money on the Wallet, probably enough to buy the missing cards.

Fuck.

RionaaM (and anyone else using Opera) will be glad to know that Enhanced Steam extension has been officially released (and quickly updated to v1.01 which was required for me to have it work with main Steam page).

Available here: https://addons.opera.com/en-gb/extensions/details/enhanced-steam/
Thanks! I'll download this as soon as I get home.

The way Steam's meant to be played®

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Nah, unless you're biting for things to play. Borderlands 2 has gone to <$15 before and then you're better off putting the difference into the season pass.

Yeah, especially because the last piece of DLC for the season pass is confirmed to be the last DLC for the game.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
lol, hopefully they package it with some GPUs and I'll buy someones code again. Not paying £40 for a PC game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

jediyoshi

If I remember correctly, I got burned on Arkham City, because it went up for sale quickly after being released.

I didn't get screwed, because I bought a cheap NVidia copy or something, but others might want to wait.

Also, GMG usually comes up with 25-30% discount codes for specific pre-orders.

AC went on sale pretty quickly on Origin, don't recall Steam history.

If I remember correctly, I got burned on Arkham City, because it went up for sale quickly after being released.

I didn't get screwed, because I bought a cheap NVidia copy or something, but others might want to wait.

They screwed us by releasing a bunch of DLCs, then a GOTY version without an upgrade option and DLCs never on sale.
I certainly won't buy it until next year or so.

rookiejet

Raiden Fighters Aces is on GOG. It has Raiden as well.

I had no idea! Thank you, nexen! I love those games. I have the Xbox version, and I had also been playing the arcade version via MAME during "work" hours (it's so tempting to just Alt-Tab, blow some stuff up and get back to whatever disoriented, and repeat till the day is over.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom