• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
RE: New Steam thread--make it when it hits 20,000. We'll lock it during the summer sale. If it's pretty big we'll move to a part 4 after the sale, if it's smaller we'll probably just unlock and bump after the summer sale.

RE: Summer sale thread--I'm happy to fork Salsa's post for summer sale off from the main Steam thread, helpfully circumventing the junior member thread starting issue.

Do you guys think summer sale is this month, or will it be July again like last year?

Poona

A friend wanted me to check out his video card because he suspects it might be dodgy - do you guys know off the top of your heads games on Steam that have benchmarks? (doesn't have to be super intensive -- the card is a GTX550 Ti)

Bioshock infinite.

catabarez

Does anyone here have the Logitech F710? I've been looking at it for a while and was wondering if someone here could give me some feedback on it.

RedSwirl

So Steam summer sale is probably July right? I'm basically just throwing new releases into my wishlist until then (mostly already-cheap games).

baconcow

Yes for dlc

and make it so that you need to play the f2p game 1 hour to be on your list

I hope they remove Betas, dual versions (PC and Mac counting as two), multiplayer portions (Modern Warfare 2 which has the base game and multiplayer as 1), and standalone DLC (if that even makes sense).

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Someone check on JaseC

changescfqjf.png

Thread: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/gamescollectors/discussions/0/846954921974417984/
Jase, if you're still alive please say something.

Ken

I think my Steam is broken. Updated it this morning and now it keeps crashing. On OSX.

I googled some things and it says to change Steam from loading into the store (memory leak or something) but I don't know how to do that if Steam won't even start.

Me, this morning:

Oh hey, new DLC for Tomb Raider. I'll just see if there's anything interesting. Highly unlikely but you never know... *clicks*

"NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR REGION"

I don't know whether to be offended that they're not letting me see the DLC or feel happy that I was saved from some mediocre rip-off POS content.

Blizzard

Banned
I haven't tried deleting ClientRegistry.blob yet, but Steam has apparerently been downloading the same client update over and over. It also displays an odd update bar each time.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I just made some calculations, and I could get close to $11.50 if I sold my 4 Runner 2 cards right now, undercutting the current lowest price for each one.

I'm still burned about not having sold 3 cards for $13.50 last night, especially when Reverse Merman was selling for around 7 bucks (he's now $2.64). I want this badge, I love the Bit.Trip games. If there's a chance I could get all of them for cheap, and using only my wallet money, I'd totally sell them now, wait some time and get them somewhere down the line. If not, I'll keep them.

So the point of this post is... any advice? I realized I suck at economy, so I'd rather hear tips directly from the Steam cards prison economy pros.

Exeunt

So can you still get tours of Valve? I kind of want to shoot them an email and see what happens as I'll be in Seattle in a few weeks.

Motanum on /r/gaming posted pictures of a tour he did about a week ago, though he was a modder/special guest I think. Still, the users in the thread state that tours are indeed possible if you email in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom