• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjipwns

Banned
I have 25 bucks to blow on Steam right now. What should I grab? I think I've played most big games around that price point, but throw me whatever recs you have!
If you already have the Batmans, then I'd hang on a bit, this is probably one of the lesser weeks of the last few in terms of stuff on sale. Don't know if this means countdown to summer sale or what. There had been a few good weeks recently, if I hadn't already owned most everything that is.

Check out the HIBs and similar if you haven't. There's some solid deals in the ones still active I think. And you'll still have some of that money left. (HIB8 alone has a lot of solid stuff at $6 to tide anyone over until Garry comes calling with the sale. Plus the Telltale bundle sans Walking Dead for a buck for another ten hours still.)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Cheers, I'll fire off one shortly and see how I go.

Success! :)

tt25ilb4.jpg

Repeating:
By the way I have:
Code:
50% OFF Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars
Code:
50% OFF Guns of Icarus Online
Code:
75% OFF Nexuiz 4-Pack
coupons.

I just want Skyrim Deluxe Edition in return of them. I can add a Dota 2 to the deal if needed.
Just kidding, find me on steam to get one of them.

Acidote

50% off Euro Truck Simulator 2

Expires in 11 hours. MP me if you want it and I'll send it to you when I get back home in seven hours.

Ledsen

Arkham City is $7.50 tonight?! I'm down for gifting it to a few GAFers and I don't want to post in that "Take One, Give One" thread since I don't want anything back.

First 5 people to PM me gets a copy.

Edit - all gone. I'll be back!

You don't get anything back, the rules are that the person who receives your game gives a game to someone else :)

JaseC

Speaking of giving away things, quote if you'd like one of the following:

Again, click "Preview Post" to refresh the thread prior to posting to ensure the game you're after hasn't already been claimed.

Edit: All gone.

Milamber

- Section 8
- Legendary
- Disciples III: Resurrection
- Insecticide
- Tropico Trilogy
- Imperium Romanum: Gold Edition
- SpaceChem
- Dino D-Day
- Dear Esther (a leftover from yesterday)

Again, click "Preview Post" to refresh the thread prior to posting to ensure the game you're after hasn't already been claimed.
Ooh!

- Tropico Trilogy

factorone

Neo Member
Section 8?

- Section 8
- Legendary
- Insecticide
- Tropico Trilogy
- SpaceChem
- Dino D-Day

- Section 8
- Legendary
- Insecticide
- SpaceChem
- Dino D-Day

- Insecticide? Please!!! and thank you!

Ledsen

- Legendary
- Insecticide
- SpaceChem
- Dino D-Day

Aw, I only wanted First Templar from that bundle, and its the only one you're not giving away!

JaseC

I dislike most themes.

I'm using Enhanced Steam right now I think but to be honest the vanilla theme is best.

PixelVision is the one and only custom skin I've used. I found it struck a nice balance between sprucing things up a bit and staying true to the aesthetic of vanilla Steam.

Edit: Bah, didn't switch tabs.

Edit edit: 1000th post!

kaleii

Hey man, I'd like to see SpaceChem in my inventory :) It's the only game in the bundle I was interested in.

- Legendary
- SpaceChem
- Dino D-Day

benjipwns

Banned

- Legendary
- SpaceChem
- Dino D-Day

Is Legendary as bad as everyone on the internet says? Because I kinda have a thing for horrible games. (Which reminds me I need to finish Star Trek.)

kaleii

Is Legendary as bad as everyone on the internet says? Because I kinda have a thing for horrible games. (Which reminds me I need to finish Star Trek.)

One of my reviewers gave the PS3 version a 3/10. And that was almost five years ago. I think your bad game quota will be filled :)

JaseC

I hate that Arkham City vanilla has ™ in the title but the GOTY version does not. Consistency, how does it work?

Steam Mac version was updated, now it crashes on start-up. I tried completely removing all steam files and re-installing... i get the same behavior no matter what I do.

The steam forums are lighting up over this. But the Mac userbase is rather small, so it seems most of the gaming press has overlooked this.

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/2/

Yep, this bullshit happened to me earlier today. None of the suggestions work. Guess we'll just have to wait...

- Dino D-Day

Can I get Dino d day please? Also didn't know steam supported skins :0 definately going to look into some of them

Darte

Can i get Dear Esther please?

benjipwns

Banned
Thanks JaseC...well, I think at least.
One of my reviewers gave the PS3 version a 3/10. And that was almost five years ago. I think your bad game quota will be filled :)
Hopefully it at least runs decently. That's one thing I can say about Star Trek for example, it's not the port. PC looks a lot better than consoles from what I've seen of them and plays fine in that regard. At least for me.

oipic

I know Disciples III received some, er, mixed reviews... but I was always intrigued by it.

May I, please Sir?

Edit: Ta, Jase - cheers bloke. :)

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
IGN gave it 2.5, so it has to be!
Somehow, if IGN gives games a low score, my interest rises. See Afrika, God Hand, Double Dragon Neon, Risen 2....
I need to buy that last one and it's original on Steam someday. Hopefully, the sales will work in my favor. :p

JaseC

Somehow, if IGN gives games a low score, my interest rises. See Afrika, God Hand, Double Dragon Neon, Risen 2....
I need to buy that last one and it's original on Steam someday. Hopefully, the sales will work in my favor. :p

I still haven't completed the original Risen because having to manually sheath your weapon before being able to interact with items in the environment is without doubt the most ridiculous and annoying design choice in the history of RPGs.

I do love that the sequel was built around pirates, though, so I'll surely trudge through Risen one day.

KPJZKC

Jumping in to beg for Imperium Romanum, city building is like crack to me :)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have some Warframe impressions?
It feels like a co-op Mass Effect 2. That is to say, kinda similar to the ME3 multiplayer, but with mission objectives instead of enemy waves. You have to do what you're asked to (kill all enemies, destroy some machine) and reach the end of the levels.

You can upgrade the weapons and get new ones, can change the perks or abilities of your character, and don't know what else since I played it for less than 4 hours.

I see how it could get repetitive in the long run, but it's nice to play a few missions with friends from time to time. I'd suggest you try it.

Tak3n

Banned
It feels like a co-op Mass Effect 2. That is to say, kinda similar to the ME3 multiplayer, but with mission objectives instead of enemy waves. You have to do what you're asked to (kill all enemies, destroy some machine) and reach the end of the levels.

You can upgrade the weapons and get new ones, can change the perks or abilities of your character, and don't know what else since I played it for less than 4 hours.

I see how it could get repetitive in the long run, but it's nice to play a few missions with friends from time to time. I'd suggest you try it.

I agree, it feels like a pick up and play for 30 mins type of game, as it is very samey...

however if you like a challenge go into the levels solo...

Pain awaits!

it does not scale to how many players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom