• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

delirium

Someone gave me the Humble Bundle (without The Walking Dead) and I really want to play The Walking Dead. Worth it to buy the bundle again just for it or wait for summer sale?

Someone gave me the Humble Bundle (without The Walking Dead) and I really want to play The Walking Dead. Worth it to buy the bundle again just for it or wait for summer sale?

I think it's definitely worth buying the bundle again just for The Walking Dead. I very much doubt it's going to be available at a similar discounted price. That offer is too good to pass up.

Haunted

Totally, you won't be getting it much cheaper on its own, so getting another key for the other games with it is absolutely worth it.

Plenty of ways to get rid of the extra bundle and make someone else happy. Make it a gift to someone, put it up on steamgifts or just donate it to the next GAF bingo, etc etc.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Arkham City is $7.50 tonight?! I'm down for gifting it to a few GAFers and I don't want to post in that "Take One, Give One" thread since I don't want anything back.

First 5 people to PM me gets a copy.

Edit - all gone. I'll be back!

Grief.exe

Arkham City is $7.50 tonight?! I'm down for gifting it to a few GAFers and I don't want to post in that "Take One, Give One" thread since I don't want anything back.

Oh damn.

I'll take you up on that deal. How generous.

def sim

That's really testing my "don't take keys since I have too many unplayed games" stance.

I think I'll hold off, though it's cool of you to do this.

Deques

Enhanced Steam helps a lot even more now. I don't know when this was added, but I can see which cards I own in the market now

Edit: Finally got myself Batman AC GOTY, thanks Dupy. Still can't understand why the dlcs can't be bought separately

That's so generous of you Dupy, I hope someone get this love from you, thank you!

(I already own it) :)

73V3N

Banned

Thanks, you are awesome.

Still can't connect to Steam. Updated router firmware, used a wireless dongle instead of wired connection, deleted registry entries and reinstalled and I still don't have an internet connection.

The first time in a couple months where I wanna play something and this happens.

Never, ever gets old.
2Wxr7D7.png

Grief.exe

Every once in a while, I get on the Star Citizen website.

It must be like those late night infomercials for other people. The temptation to contribute is so strong. And then I start reading forum posts, updates, and checking out youtube videos.

Then I start researching joysticks, looking for them on Craigslist, and deciding what game I should play while I wait.

I have to slowly back away and tell myself that I should wait. By the time the game actually releases I'll have graduated college and have some extra money to be able to afford it.

Its so hard to keep the mouse away from the contribute button though...

Sajjaja

Every once in a while, I get on the Star Citizen website.

It must be like those late night infomercials for other people. The temptation to contribute is as strong. And then I start reading forum posts, updates, and checking out youtube videos.

Then I start researching Joysticks, looking for them on Craigslist, and deciding what game I should play while I wait.

I have to slowly back away and tell myself that I should wait. By the time the game actually releases I'll have graduated college and have some extra money to be able to afford it.

Its so hard to keep the mouse away from the contribute button though...

Dat feel when wanting to live beyond your means D:

dreamfall

I want to bite on buying Remember Me so badly.

But I'm also wondering if it'll go on Steam summer sale- though it is a Capcom game :/

What to do?!

def sim

We'll maybe see 20% off this summer for Remember Me. The GB quicklook made it look really interesting. The funky memory altering sequences are neat.

Still can't connect to Steam. Updated router firmware, used a wireless dongle instead of wired connection, deleted registry entries and reinstalled and I still don't have an internet connection.

The first time in a couple months where I wanna play something and this happens.

I had this problem on my Mac once and it happened because I hadn't logged in months. The solution was to redownload the client installer and reinstall it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Haha, I'm actually surprised it's taken this long as the mobile version of Steam Community shows the actual game count. Removing fluff from the count would affect my purchasing habits, though; unless I fear the game may be pulled before it gets a chance to go on sale again, I generally wouldn't bother purchasing DLC/guides/etc. until there's a 75%+ discount.

jediyoshi

We'll maybe see 20% off this summer for Remember Me. The GB quicklook made it look really interesting. The funky memory altering sequences are neat.

Seeing as GMG still has 25% off of it post release, Steam itself probably doesn't even have to bother with a sale

I have 25 bucks to blow on Steam right now. What should I grab? I think I've played most big games around that price point, but throw me whatever recs you have!

Grief.exe

I have 25 bucks to blow on Steam right now. What should I grab? I think I've played most big games around that price point, but throw me whatever recs you have!

Deep down in your heart, you know that you should wait for the summer sale.

Otherwise, The Swapper and Dust come highly recommended.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

KR0 is currently $22.50, however it's still three acts short of being a full game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom