• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acorn

iknowthatfeelbro.jpeg

4 LFD2 cards
4 HL2 cards
3 Really Big Sky cards
5 Faerie cards
4 Portal 2 cards
4 Team Fortress 2

For a grand total of 24 cards. Not a single foil card was dropped. FML.

EDIT: on the bright side I made more than 15€ from cards (actually a couple euros with TF2 items that I wouldn't have gotten if I hadn't launched the game to idle). Can't complain. Dat Summer Sale is already half paid for :D

I wonder what the foil drop % is, must be something absurdly low or we're just unlucky as hell.

Jenks

Banned
Played Faerie Solitaire for 2 hours today didnt even know i owned the game, enjoyed it and will keep playing it.
Was it a Humble Bundle game or in a sale for around £0.50?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
It's amazing how card costs spike in the first hour then drop.

What's amazing is how I made 40 bucks out of this cards thing so far, by selling both my cards and my cousin's Steam account cards.

Which is great, because it funds more games that will drop more cards.

It's an amazing "game".

NaviLink

After getting Civ V basically for free with Bioshock Infinite at Greenman gaming a while back, I just upgraded it to Gold edition for 2.50€. And just before I got Alan Wake for only a couple of bucks.

It's gonna be hard to go back to consoles games in terms of pricing after getting used to this.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Played Faerie Solitaire for 2 hours today didnt even know i owned the game, enjoyed it and will keep playing it.

It was FREE at some point!

Though I got my copy from a regular sale.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Who wants:

Spacechem
Serious Sam HD First Encounter
Serious Sam HD Second Encounter

Can only pick 1 per person. First to ask gets a pm.

I've been giving away a lot of free shit lately. Too bad i own so much i might be able to actually get some freebies myself :(

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Who wants:

Spacechem

I've been giving away a lot of free shit lately. Too bad i own so much i might be able to actually get some freebies myself :(

id love spacechem

anyone want dear esther or oil rush?

Tecl0n

Who wants:

Spacechem

I'll take that HD second encounter from your wealthy hands.

73V3N

Banned
Who wants:

Spacechem

First encounter please??

xJavonta

Banned
And probably one of the most optimized engines I've ever seen.

I get like 350 FPS on CS:GO when I don't turn on V-sync. And the crazy thing is it only uses like 50% of each GPU.
Honestly, if they just fixed the loading stuff I'd have zero complaints with it. Does it need like streaming texture capability or something? Idk.

delirium

After getting Civ V basically for free with Bioshock Infinite at Greenman gaming a while back, I just upgraded it to Gold edition for 2.50€. And just before I got Alan Wake for only a couple of bucks.

It's gonna be hard to go back to consoles games in terms of pricing after getting used to this.

Where did you upgrade for 2.50€? Isn't it 5 USD. I didn't think 5 USD = 2.50€.

Addnan

in the first few days of the beta I made an enough money to buy fez, system shock 2 and put some money towards shogun 2. today I got to enough money to buy gunpoint too. so hurray and damn you guys for getting into the beta and making my cards almost worthless!

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

thanks, b!

in the first few days of the beta I made an enough money to buy fez, system shock 2 and put some money towards shogun 2. today I got to enough money to buy gunpoint too. so hurray and damn you guys for getting into the beta and making my cards almost worthless!

cards are still dece, i think its just this batch of games thats a little lackluster

Caerith

They made it free for like a week sometime last year, where all you had to do was install it and it would forever be yours. They've also done various giveaways but you would have had to have been actively following them to know those were taking place.

Blizzard

Banned
Games that are post Steam pipe seem to have much better loading.
It didn't seem to help me much with TF2, but maybe it'll be better on a new PC.

Also, another day, another endless cycle of periodic Steam update popups and restarts. I'm assuming other people are having this too?

Dingotech

Oh what the flap they removed the level 10 requirement for foil cards right after I spend actual money to level my account up to level 10.... :mad:

Grief.exe

Thread is kind of getting drowned out with Xbox One discussion threads, if you guys want to come in and post a reply it would help people see the news.

Cynar

I just got a hunter foil card. Hope it sells! :D

Also, I have a Serious Sam Double D coupon for 33% off if anyone wants it for free. I have no plans on using it.

Hnnng, if I get a foil L4D2 card, what should I do?

Sell it and buy out the last two levels of my Faerie Solitaire badge?

Or sell/trade it for a foil Faerie Solitaire card (and then repeat that eight times)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom