• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

Good day people.

437 MB patch for Trine 2 is for...?

Looks like a stealth release for Trine 2: Complete Story
http://store.steampowered.com/app/35720/

Trine 2: Complete Story fully integrates the Goblin Menace expansion campaign and the all-new unlockable Dwarven Caverns level into one mighty fairytale. All owners of Trine 2: Goblin Menace are automatically upgraded to the Complete Story edition.

The DLC page for goblin menace is bugged now, redirects to the actual site from within Steam

derExperte

Hnnng, if I get a foil L4D2 card, what should I do?

Sell it and buy out the last two levels of my Faerie Solitaire badge?

Or sell/trade it for a foil Faerie Solitaire card (and then repeat that eight times)?

Selling is the only sensible thing when it comes to foil cards imo.

PUE5wi0.png

Great little game. Loved the mechanics and the way they progressively introduce new characters and abilities. Perfect length two, last few levels were starting to wear on me.

Highly Recommend

jediyoshi

wait what
so do i automatically get goblin menace if i own trine 2

or is it now impossible to buy goblin menace if you already owned trine 2

The latter, looks like they may have pulled an Arkham City. Should probably just hope services like gamersgate hold onto their existing stock long enough that goblin menace just falls under some sale

edit: Unless the $5 'Trine 2: Complete Story Upgrade' is exactly just that, don't see a section explaining it

cicero

The latter, looks like they may have pulled an Arkham City. Should probably just hope services like gamersgate hold onto their existing stock long enough that goblin menace just falls under some sale

edit: Unless the $5 'Trine 2: Complete Story Upgrade' is exactly just that, don't see a section explaining it
Woo! I bought it right in time. I think I got it from GamersGate for $2. I know it was really cheap after the 20% off discount was applied to the sale price.

eyeless

ah right, didn't notice that, yeah that's probably it

theytookourjobz

I'm sure this trading card thing is great for devs and great for valve but I wish it was a little more geared toward showing the games you really like. I wish there were a way to level up my BL2 badge past level one without selling other game cards to buy them all. I hope they expand the program beyond just more games and into different ways to unlock cards.

1-D_FTW

Three of my four L4D2 unlocks were a Tank. Joy.

Looks like a stealth release for Trine 2: Complete Story
http://store.steampowered.com/app/35720/

"Dwarven Caverns" Wonder how big of DLC that is. I love Trine 2.

From the store page:

Key Features

Complete Story edition features the all-new unlockable Dwarven Caverns level that takes our heroes on a journey through deep and dark lava-filled tunnels resonating with ancient legends

I'm sure this trading card thing is great for devs and great for valve but I wish it was a little more geared toward showing the games you really like. I wish there were a way to level up my BL2 badge past level one without selling other game cards to buy them all. I hope they expand the program beyond just more games and into different ways to unlock cards.

It's still in beta. I imagine it will be like any other Steam service eventually : cloud, achievements, etc.

delirium

For those that still want Brave New World, the Russian Steam store has it for ~$11.20. Not exactly $2 as it was for Brazil but still cheaper than the American/European one.

Acorn

For those that still want Brave New World, the Russian Steam store has it for ~$11.20. Not exactly $2 as it was for Brazil but still cheaper than the American/European one.

Watch out with Russian copies. They may not be compatible with the base game.

Caerith

Valve just posted the solution to the "there aren't enough cards for everyone to get a badge" conundrum:

To get the complete 8 you need to trade among friends or even strangers. Who knows, you might even meet your new best L4D2 friend ever trading. You two realize you have more than L4D2 in common, get married, settle down, raise a family and then complete your set when your third son earns the Spitter Card and trades it to you.
It's essentially a big pyramid scheme:
  1. Spawn children.
  2. Get those children to play your game.
  3. Take their cards and complete your badge.
It may seem heartless, leaving your kids without any badges of their own, but just direct them to step #1.

It may seem inefficient, siring generation after generation of card fodder, but think of the savings! Valve doesn't take 15% of the cost of bearing and raising a child.

Tenrius

Watch out with Russian copies. They may not be compatible with the base game.

There are no regional restrictions as far as I know, the steam id is the same. And my own US Civ V works with DLC from the Russian store.

Valve just posted the solution to the "there aren't enough cards for everyone to get a badge" conundrum:

It's essentially a big pyramid scheme:
  1. Spawn children.
  2. Get those children to play your game.
  3. Take their cards and complete your badge.
It may seem heartless, leaving your kids without any badges of their own, but just direct them to step #1.

It may seem inefficient, siring generation after generation of card fodder, but think of the savings! Valve doesn't take 15% of the cost of bearing and raising a child.

Who needs children when you can create some duplicate Steam accounts instead?

Acorn

There are no regional restrictions as far as I know, the steam id is the same. And my own US Civ V works with DLC from the Russian store.

Ah ok, I just remember the issue with the Borderlands 2 season pass and thought it might be a general 2k policy.

And do you know what I have to do to buy one of those? Do I have to change something in my account or create a new one and gift it to myself?

delirium

And do you know what I have to do to buy one of those? Do I have to change something in my account or create a new one and gift it to myself?
I have no idea. My best guess would be using Tor (with an Russian exit node) to buy it through a secondary account to gift it to yourself.

Or just find a friendly Russian GAFfer.

DocSeuss

If I weren't mortally afraid of needles, I'd ask TT to inject this straight to my veins.

On another note, I finally understand now why everybody loves Enhanced Steam so much:

:O

I didn't know this existed! That feature is one I have been wanting Steam to implement for a VERY LONG TIME

For some reason, I can't buy that Wonders of the Ancient world pack for CivV. Steam says I already own it when I try to buy it, but when I check it in the store, it says I don't (as opposed to all other DLC for the game). Enhanced Steam says I don't as well. :\

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'll see your Trine 2 and raise you a Rayman Origins. I'm officially at the halfway point and can now run on walls.

The game is now both beautiful AND challenging.

But I should finish Trine 2 at some point.

Trine 2 destroys the visuals in Rayman. It's not even a contest. Rayman 2 is consistent 2d art, Trine 2 is next-gen.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Them keeping quiet if they were just consolidating all the trine 2 stuff makes sense, but it seems weird they wouldn't be making more of a pr push since there's new, free-ish content involved.

It's a bonus level they added in the Wii-U version. I guess you technically need the DLC to get it, but that's been price dropped to 5$ (the upgrade option) and if you already have the DLC then you just need to get all the chests to unlock it. I'm gonna see if I can just pull my friends into it in co-op so they don't have to bother with the remaining chests.

FloatOn

Trine 2 destroys the visuals in Rayman. It's not even a contest. Rayman 2 is consistent 2d art, Trine 2 is next-gen.

we all have our preferences. The friend I was playing Trine 2 with lost interest and I refuse to play that game solo so it has yet to impress me that much. From what I remember it did look nice though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom