• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone is in the giving mood, I need the Hunter, Boomer, Smoker, Jockey, and the Tank

The only thing I have to trade is Nuclear Dawn and a Dota 2 invite which I'm the majority of you already have.

Steam is Icyrhythms

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
C'mon guys. With Microsoft clearly spelling out its plans and Sony's likely to be similar, it's PC and Wii U sharing this prison cell. Time for a power couple name: WiiC.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Guys, we're buying new games, idleing on them, dropping cards and trading them for money.

This is the new Coal game, except we have Cards instead of Coals and money instead of games.

This is what all of you wanted for the past 3 years!

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I'm going to throw these out for the lurkers as well, since I have a feeling most people interested already have them.

Serious Sam Double D: FZEYY-LC2LR-LEA56

Serious Sam The Random Encounter: 4CCMH-RPTPJ-JT3VV

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
As long as it's not WiiC U. That's all Microsoft.

iKV3Bss3XCD1l.gif

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
If I buy a code from another store of a game that has yet to be released (say Civ 5: BNW), will Steam preload it still or will Steam say to wait until the release date?

Serious Sam Double D - 47J4G-5VX20-3V23I
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter - T8CZ4-TZBEV-IWCRH
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter - 9JPXM-NI3XD-N8IMM
Serious Sam: The Random Encounter - X859X-AJMA8-HD2HD

Have fun

What were the cards hinted at for next week?

I know Skyrim and Deadlight were some of them.

Someone posted a reddit link with all the games supposedly coming but I can't find it at the moment. But it included stuff like Nuclear Dawn and something from puppy games (Titan attacks, Revenge of the Titans etc...)

Edit: Found it Linky

cicero

Guys, we're buying new games, idleing on them, dropping cards and trading them for money.

This is the new Coal game, except we have Cards instead of Coals and money instead of games.

This is what all of you wanted for the past 3 years!

Except that the coal game was broken, taken advantage of until it was ruined for most, which made the entire promotion crap. I would say this is more like the Steam Summer Camp achievements/promotion of 2011 rebooted.

Caerith

Someone posted a reddit link with all the games supposedly coming but I can't find it at the moment. But it included stuff like Nuclear Dawn and something from puppy games (Titan attacks, Revenge of the Titans etc...)

Edit: Found it Linky
Huh, nice little list there. Missing this, but still nice to have most of the titles in one place.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've used up all my drops; no foils. :( And speaking of pre-orders:

thehostydkg5.jpg

I'd also jump on Violet & Daisy, but Amazon.com only has the DVD version up at this stage.

Edit: V&D has been pushed back to November. Whyyy. :(

JaseC

The neat thing about the cards is that since Steam flags the games as played I'll feel more compelled to actually play them one day. Well, some of the games, at least.

JaseC

Blockland's Greenlight page mentions that existing purchasers will receive a Steam key if/when it's greenlit, so if you're interested in the game at all I'd suggest snapping it up at $5 from Amazon. You can choose to buy the game from the dev's website if you wish, however since Amazon is giving 100% of the revenue to the developers for the duration of the sale, there's really no need.

Don't lie to yourself.

tumblr_inline_mkwq8toccudy.gif

Soule

[*]Indie Quintet - $9.99
  • Galaxy on Fire 2 HD
  • Little Inferno
  • Stealth Bastard Deluxe
  • Strike Suit Zero
  • The Cave
[*]Oh So Fine and Dandy Bundle - $9.99
  • Brutal Legend
  • Costume Quest
  • Iron Brigade
  • Psychonauts
  • Stacking
  • The Cave
[/LIST]

Mother of God...

Being that I'm not from the US if there's someone in here that is willing to get this for me so I can paypal them back that'd be hugely appreciated. You can keep the second copy of The Cave

Add me on steam if you're willing to help.

PriitV

Mother of God...

Being that I'm not from the US if there's someone in here that is willing to get this for me so I can paypal them back that'd be hugely appreciated. You can keep the second copy of The Cave

Just use an US billing address on your payment option. All of us non-americans do that.

JaseC

Same, its too expensive to be an Alpha tester. Thats why I was wondering how close they would be to full release or atleast a stableish beta.

Somebody mentioned earlier in the thread that the alpha is priced higher than the intended final price so Introversion isn't overwhelmed with participants and has an easier time analysing and iterating upon feedback. As far as I can tell there's no release date window.

Edit: Err, "final price", not "retail price".

Acorn

Somebody mentioned earlier in the thread that the alpha is priced higher than the intended retail price so Introversion isn't overwhelmed with participants and has an easier time analysing and iterating upon feedback. As far as I can tell there's no release date window.

Ahh, I see.

Boss Doggie

Apparently some bug exists in Steam store regarding a DLC in Civ5. If you bought GotY, Korea combo pack, or Gold Edition, "Ancient Wonders of the World" is instead labeled as "Scenario Pack - Ancient Wonders" in Properties -> DLC.

While the content is the same, the store won't recognize that you bought Ancient Wonders of the World. Does this mean the DLC is gone if I uninstall the game?

Did you activate the code on Steam?

I'm about to, just wondering if Steam will add it even if it's not yet released.

JaseC

Apparently some bug exists in Steam store regarding a DLC in Civ5. If you bought GotY, Korea combo pack, or Gold Edition, "Ancient Wonders of the World" is instead labeled as "Scenario Pack - Ancient Wonders" in Properties -> DLC.

While the content is the same, the store won't recognize that you bought Ancient Wonders of the World. Does this mean the DLC is gone if I uninstall the game?

Some subs are bugged in that the store says you don't own them even if you actually do, but prior to confirming a purchase a cross-check is performed that prevents duplicate purchases (you can test this yourself with Ancient Wonders). Don't worry about it.

I'm about to, just wondering if Steam will add it even if it's not yet released.

The key will activate just fine and Steam will simply inform you that the product hasn't yet been released.

Boss Doggie

Some subs are bugged in that the store says you don't own them even if you actually do, but prior to confirming a purchase a cross-check is performed that prevents duplicate purchases (you can test this yourself with Ancient Wonders). Don't worry about it.

The key will activate just fine and Steam will simply inform you that the product hasn't yet been released.

Okay, thanks!

When will GMG's 20% off voucher expire? I want to buy Civ V BNW there for cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom