• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
What does generosity give you in capitalism? A potentiality? More like throwing money away.

I'm not supporting this point, merely being a devils advocate for the point of view.

The mistake is thinking everything has to get you something in return. I can't imagine living that way. I suppose we could all start reselling the $1.00 indie bundles for full price on ebay. Capitalism, ho! Where being scum is "smart".

Acorn

The mistake is thinking everything has to get you something in return. I can't imagine living that way. I suppose we could all start reselling the $1.00 indie bundles for full price on ebay. Capitalism, ho! Where being scum is "smart".

Yep, the more of a cunt you are the richer you'll get.

Grief.exe

I have 1 key left to give away via email of the new ArmA 3 (combat simulator). It's still in alpha state.
Small warning though, it's not so much GPU heavy as it tries to bring your CPU to it's knees, from what I've read about it (haven't played yet).
First want to PM me get's it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxtE8iMbgkc

arma3_screenshot_01.jpg

Ill take it.

That's awesome.

Roland1979

Ill take it.

That's awesome.

You're very welcome. I'll check my inbox in a little while. Pls let me know if it transferred well.
Edit: actually ussjtrunks was first to PM me. But luckily I lied and have 2 keys, wanted to gift the other later. Other mailers, sorry but I only have 2.

You're very welcome. I'll check my inbox in a little while. Pls let me know if it transferred well.
Edit: actually ussjtrunks was first to PM me. But luckily I lied and have 2 keys, wanted to gift the other later. Other mailers, sorry but I only have 2.
Nice giveaway is the game online only looks like it will stretch the capability of my pc :)

Roland1979

Nice giveaway is the game online only looks like it will stretch the capability of my pc :)

No I think you can create offline scenario's against AI as well. But it's almost a simulator and no longer a game and can be really hard and test your patience. I have never played ArmA but I have played Operation Flashpoint (same creators), also a combat sim.

They are remaking it to get away from that.

Thank god!

One of the awesome things about moving away from Flash is more monsters on screen, more tears, new item abilities.

I listened to a Northern lion interview with the creator about the process, very interesting.

They couldn't even get the game to compile anymore after Wrath of the Lamb.

That's what I expect from a non-flash version, a steady frame rate, as you said, more monsters, items, tears, etc.

I'll double dip!

1-D_FTW

I just reformatted and I already will have about 15 game installs because of these trading cards lol

It's gonna be the death of my game count. Because there are serials I wouldn't ordinarily enter, but I've begun. Added the Awesomenauts code simply for this. I hate that Valve has psychologists that know how to crack me. Mr. Economist has proven easy (I'll never cave to buying at 66.0% if it makes it 10.xx), but Mr. Psychologist has beaten me.

Level requirements are stupid and they need to die.
But how else are they gonna make you care about exp and filling bars?

They even rank your friends list by level in the profile view, so you basically see the same 6 people constantly regardless of their status. Cus levels are important!

But how else are they gonna make you care about exp and filling bars?

They even rank your friends list by level in the profile view, so you basically see the same 6 people constantly regardless of their status. Cus levels are important!

What is the point of my Steam Level?
The Steam Level is a quick way for users to see how much someone has invested in their Steam account, and how valuable that user is to the rest of the Steam Community. We have just a few different ways to get badges right now, but we hope to expand that to include all the different ways users contribute.

Give valve money, become a better person!

sibarraz

Banned
I already 100% thomas was alone, so I hope that the cards start dropping instantly, so I don't had to let the game running in the background

What an amazing game, is not challenging or anything like that, but Is just a joy to play

Hanzou

How the hell do I publish a screenshot or a Video. Trying to unlock the two badeges and no matter what I do with sharing the media, or commenting on it nothing works. What dod I have to do to unlock these?

Caerith

I imagine most people got BM8 for Primordia, but Fairy Bloom Freesia is really rather good. And short! You can beat it in an hour! Though your first time might be more like 4 hours because it's pretty hard-- but you keep all mana and experience earned even on continues, so you could theoretically unlock and max out all the skills in level 1 if you suck enough.

Any recommendations for a good fighter/brawler (but fighting game)? Coming off of Dust: AET and Fairy Bloom Freesia, I want to put my practice racking up 1,000-hit combos to good use. I'll probably play Space Marine next, but would prefer a 2D if possible.

Vecks

How the hell do I publish a screenshot or a Video. Trying to unlock the two badeges and no matter what I do with sharing the media, or commenting on it nothing works. What dod I have to do to unlock these?

Are you talking about just uploading screenshots? If so, it's just press f12 to get a capture, then go to your steam overlay, open screenshot manager, choose a screenshot and click on the upload button.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Is that redeemable on Steam? I've been wanting to buy this game for years. I still don't understand why Steam took it down. GOG should try to get Prey on their catalog.
Steam took it down because there are a finite number of valid cd-keys left in existence and they are tied to pre-existing discs that are printed.

Hanzou

Are you talking about just uploading screenshots? If so, it's just press f12 to get a capture, then go to your steam overlay, open screenshot manager, choose a screenshot and click on the upload button.

Wow thanks, that worked. You were right, all you needed to do was upload a screenshot. I was using an old screenshot and trying to share it in my stream that way, does not work.

Grief.exe

Is that redeemable on Steam? I've been wanting to buy this game for years. I still don't understand why Steam took it down. GOG should try to get Prey on their catalog.

Bethesda bought the IP and when Steam ran out of keys they apparently didn't bother to provide them with more.

Grief.exe

Is this the import that sets you on the path of Football Manager?

Lol no, I don't have too much interest in Soccer, though I do watch the world cup.

The only other game that isn't on Steam anymore that I really want is Indigo Prophecy. I would import a copy of that if it was Steamworks.

Luckily I can get it on GOG.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
In a perfect world, Quantic Dream never getting back to me about self-publishing Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy on Steam, as it does on GOG, would mean the inquiry fired off a few dormant synapses. I guess David Cage is too busy pretending to make movies to care. :(

sibarraz

Banned
I imagine most people got BM8 for Primordia, but Fairy Bloom Freesia is really rather good. And short! You can beat it in an hour! Though your first time might be more like 4 hours because it's pretty hard-- but you keep all mana and experience earned even on continues, so you could theoretically unlock and max out all the skills in level 1 if you suck enough.

Any recommendations for a good fighter/brawler (but fighting game)? Coming off of Dust: AET and Fairy Bloom Freesia, I want to put my practice racking up 1,000-hit combos to good use. I'll probably play Space Marine next, but would prefer a 2D if possible.

I actually got the bundle for fary bloom fressia, and maybe patrician

Primordia was announced after I bought the bundle, don't know how good it is

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I hope that Crysis 3 never comes to Steam. It's such a piece of shit. I thought I was on the last level and finding out that I actually still have one more to go after this made me quite depressed.

No one deserves this.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I hope that Crysis 3 never comes to Steam. It's such a piece of shit. I thought I was on the last level and finding out that I actually still have one more to go after this made me quite depressed.

No one deserves this.

I hope it does. At 75% off.

Look what I just got

YXE5oV0.png

Congrats.

I'll share something that happened to me on Friday. I went into GameStop to trade in 21 Xbox 360 games. I got out of PC gaming for a few years because I didn't have a strong enough PC and couldn't afford parts/another laptop. Since getting back into PC gaming last November, I've built a decent collection (200+ games).

The games I went to trade I had either bought on PC (Alpha Protocol, Brutal Legend) or I had no intention of purchasing again (LA Noire, Assassin's Creed 1+2). With GS's stereotypical rates in mind, I didn't expect to get more than $10.

They gave me $175.16 in store credit that I used to purchase $170 in Steam Wallet codes.

I immediately used that to purchase Total War: Rome 2, Europa Universalis IV, Civ V: Brave New World, Kentucky Route Zero, and Xenonauts.

Yay for good fortune.

Blizzard

Banned
So apparently a recent update broke HL2-EP2. No voices can be heard from characters. Sometimes I wish Valve gave you the option to download specific releases of a game. For example, TF2 before it became a hat simulator, or HL2 as it came in 2004.
I agree about being able to opt into specific versions of old games, especially singleplayer games. At the very least I wish the option to not update games actually resulted in games not being updated, as opposed to "This game won't be updated until you decide to play it at which point the update is mandatory".

At least some of the technology is there I believe, since some games have the various betas you can opt into. Project CARS is supposed to switch to Steam in the future and I think the beta system will let people switch between releases there.

No one deserves this.

I'd buy it and Crysis 2 for Steam just to have them all under one "umbrella." Although I did get Crysis 3 free through AMD/ATI for my video card.

Exeunt

It's not broken though. They just made everyone else consistent with Gordon. Valve is fixing continuity errors in preparation for Half-Life 3.

I haven't even played Half-Life or Half-Life 2. Not yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom