• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

Still waiting on ME3 to hit Steam so I can join in on being disappointed at the conclusion.
If this were one year ago, I'd be inclined to agree. At this point, it's hard to muster up any interest. Plus I'd have to dig up my ME2 save file, and I've already sort of forgotten what happened in the previous two games, so it's like, should I bother, or should I just replay 1&2. And then I remember that I'm a completionist, so that would entail putting myself through the Mako planet exploration minigame...

Without exaggeration, this looks like the result of someone learning to use Bryce3D for the first time:
terraini.jpg

You're going to be waiting a very long time.
EA is going to be waiting a very long time for my money then.

You're going to be waiting a very long time.
I'm okay with that, they're losing out more than I am.

If this were one year ago, I'd be inclined to agree. At this point, it's hard to muster up any interest. Plus I'd have to dig up my ME2 save file, and I've already sort of forgotten what happened in the previous two games, so it's like, should I bother, or should I just replay 1&2. And then I remember that I'm a completionist, so that would entail putting myself through the Mako planet exploration minigame...
Mako was awesome though! I loved riding around in that thing, it was a great downtime between spots in the first game.

Mineral mining in 2 however, ugh. Terrible. Complete waste of time and nothing more.

Grief.exe

Congrats.

I'll share something that happened to me on Friday. I went into GameStop to trade in 21 Xbox 360 games. I got out of PC gaming for a few years because I didn't have a strong enough PC and couldn't afford parts/another laptop. Since getting back into PC gaming last November, I've built a decent collection (200+ games).

The games I went to trade I had either bought on PC (Alpha Protocol, Brutal Legend) or I had no intention of purchasing again (LA Noire, Assassin's Creed 1+2). With GS's stereotypical rates in mind, I didn't expect to get more than $10.

They gave me $175.16 in store credit that I used to purchase $170 in Steam Wallet codes.

I immediately used that to purchase Total War: Rome 2, Europa Universalis IV, Civ V: Brave New World, Kentucky Route Zero, and Xenonauts.

Yay for good fortune.

Should have waited a couple weeks and made that wallet go a little further.

oipic

guys, help me pick what to play next

papo & yo or thomas was alone

tyty

love

zky

zky/zyk,

Perhaps wait for Thomas to have the pesky card thing activated (very soon, next week?), before playing through that. One sitting should be about enough to complete it, and to grab all the drops, too.

cicero

Congrats.

I'll share something that happened to me on Friday. I went into GameStop to trade in 21 Xbox 360 games. I got out of PC gaming for a few years because I didn't have a strong enough PC and couldn't afford parts/another laptop. Since getting back into PC gaming last November, I've built a decent collection (200+ games).

The games I went to trade I had either bought on PC (Alpha Protocol, Brutal Legend) or I had no intention of purchasing again (LA Noire, Assassin's Creed 1+2). With GS's stereotypical rates in mind, I didn't expect to get more than $10.

They gave me $175.16 in store credit that I used to purchase $170 in Steam Wallet codes.

I immediately used that to purchase Total War: Rome 2, Europa Universalis IV, Civ V: Brave New World, Kentucky Route Zero, and Xenonauts.

Yay for good fortune.

gah. You need to learn to wait for Steam sales. Maximize your purchasing power.

I have £30 in my Steam wallet, does anybody have any recommendations or should I wait for the summer sale?
WAIT.

masterkajo

Still waiting on ME3 to hit Steam so I can join in on being disappointed at the conclusion.
Valve does you a favor, believe me.

In all honesty, it is an ok game (I'd say best gameplay out of the three, but worst story) with a totally shitty ending to a well established series and story. I was really disappointed, like really majorly disappointed with how they handled that conclusion (b/c I was heavily invested in the story at that point).

Valve does you a favor, believe me.

In all honesty, it is an ok game (I'd say best gameplay out of the three, but worst story) with a totally shitty ending to a well established series and story. I was really disappointed, like really majorly disappointed with how they handled that conclusion (b/c I was heavily invested in the story at that point).

Absolutely. I went into the Mass Effect series with little prior knowledge. (I started playing ME1 a little after ME3 came out.) And ME3's ending was fucking insulting.

Should have waited a couple weeks and made that wallet go a little further.

gah. You need to learn to wait for Steam sales. Maximize your purchasing power.

Nothing I bought can reasonably be expected to go on sale in the near future. I don't see myself picking up much in the upcoming sale, relatively speaking.

Edit: I've purchased so much on Steam in the last six months that there's just not much left for me to buy. The only things left I'm interested in are a few indie titles (The Night of the Rabbit, Gunpoint).

Wok

I've actually just bought it, money to burn...

It just happens that 2013 has been a great year for indie games so far. Releases of games like Kentucky Route Zero, Proteus, Monaco, Antichamber, The Swapper or Gunpoint have been expected for more than a year. With La-Mulana, Papo & Yo, FEZ, Dust, or Spelunky, we also get great console games on PC. And there are games which are not (yet?) on Steam, such as Scrolls and SpyParty.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Ugh, Ridge Racer Unbound is going for $5.99 on Green Man Gaming but it's not for sale in my region (Aus).

How do I get around this? Seems like it's too good a deal to pass up.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm going through Thomas Was Alone now. It seems pretty short, so you could probably tear through it. I'm really digging it. That's my vote.
yeah just played it for almost two hours, swapping the controller with my brother every couple levels.

definitively a charmer, though jumping from one guy to the next can be a bit frustrating

why must you hurt me

Perhaps wait for Thomas to have the pesky card thing activated (very soon, next week?), before playing through that. One sitting should be about enough to complete it, and to grab all the drops, too.
I don't have any shame and I'll idle it like I did all the other games :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
TunnelBear is your new best friend.

I wish this worked for me, but regardless of the payment method, attempting to purchase something on GMG while using a VPN always causes the checkout process to stall and the store to throw a bunch of errors my way.

I wish this worked for me, but regardless of the payment method, attempting to purchase something on GMG while using a VPN always causes the checkout process to stall and the store to throw a bunch of errors my way.
Add it to your cart while the VPN is active, then turn it off when checking out. It should go through.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
I have £30 in my Steam wallet, does anybody have any recommendations or should I wait for the summer sale?

Do you have Bioshock Infinite? My brother and I had some miscommunication so I have an extra copy. There isn't anything I NEED on steam so I figure i'd just give it away, pay it forward type of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom