• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Early buyers often get fucked over on DLC prices. This is the real reason why so many people wait for Complete/GOTY versions now.

On the other hand, it seems I already have The Complete Story.

I think I bought everything on sale and yet they gave me that one for free?

Nice.

Grief.exe

Indeed, KH being the prototype of spreading a series to every platform in existence with a different episode, tightly linked to the others story-wise, on each one. Apparently sales went down the drain with every passing chapter too. Who would have thought?
So yeah, when it comes to decisions which don't make sense, S-E is always a safe bet.

Why is Square Enix such a horribly managed company?

Spread Kingdom Hearts games over way too many platforms.
Sales go down as a result, blame consumer interest, IP goes in the vault.

Spending too much money on Final Fantasy development.
Blame it on Hitman, Sleeping Dogs, and Tomb Raider.

Release FFVII on PC.
Only release it on their store with draconian DRM, blames consumer for lack of interest.

Yea, I saw the reddit post. E3's around the corner so we'll know soon.
I may support this as a vote to get more jrpgs onto the PC.

the FFXIII-3 photo from reddit

One of the Neogaf mods said it was fake and closed the GAF thread.

He just made a vague statement with no source so there really isn't any information to go on.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62204117&postcount=13

I know my boy Stump would not have done that.

No discount for the Complete Story upgrade? :(
That's the new content Frozen released some months ago? Been waiting for a good price on that one, can't justify paying more for extra content than for the game itself XD
So whats trine 1 and 2 like guys thinking of getting the 2 games?

Just buy then, easy purchase there mate.

Even the first one is worth playing even thought the 2nd game is better in all aspects.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Why is Square Enix such a horribly managed company?

Spread Kingdom Hearts games over way too many platforms.
Sales go down as a result, blame consumer interest, IP goes in the vault.

Spending too much money on Final Fantasy development.
Blame it on Hitman, Sleeping Dogs, and Tomb Raider.

Release FFVII on PC.
Only release it on their store with draconian DRM, blames consumer for lack of interest.

Seriously, it makes me furious. They just can't see that they're totally wrong, and therefore they keep on burning money and blaming customers.
Just stop pouring money on trying to salvage FFXIII, it was an incredible fuck-up since the first one and they wasted an entire generation on it, and just release Versus XIII.
If you need it, fire Nomura and put somebody with some sense at the head of the project, that won't spent 2 years on costume desing alone.

But nooo, everything is good, so here's the next Deus Ex, on iOS!

Same here, shows I already own it.

On the other hand, it seems I already have The Complete Story.

I think I bought everything on sale and yet they gave me that one for free?

Nice.

Yup, seems early buyers already got it for free?

Yup, it also shows that I already own it. But if that's the case, what's the point of the upgrade then? Maybe for people that had a Trine 2 copy sitting on their inventory?

I just assumed it was some kind of error, tbh.

EDIT: vvvvvv

That's weird, I'm sure I didn't own the Goblin Menace DLC, but the store page still says I own the Complete Story. BTW, The DLC tab in the game's propierties says that I don't own any DLC, and the game still appears as "Trine 2" on my Library.

Knurek

Right on, Trine 1 is also on sale.

Had that one from GOG only.

For those curious - if you owned Trine 2 AND the Goblin Menace DLC, you were automatically upgraded to Complete Edition.

EDIT: ^^^^

Pretty Sure Complete Edition replaced Trine 2 sub, so steam will show you own it even if you had just the baseline game.
I imagine you still need to pony up for the upgrade.

Welp.

My brother is trying to log in to his Steam account for the first time in three years.

He has $50 worth of games in there.

But because we no longer have the credit card used to buy TF2 on his account, Steam is refusing to help us.

Shit's pretty amazing.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Welp.

My brother is trying to log in to his Steam account for the first time in three years.

But because we no longer have the credit card used to buy TF2 on his account, Steam is refusing to help us.

Shit's pretty amazing.

That's... unusual. He doesn't have anything else he can use to verify he owns it? CD Key, email address, anything? Valve has to be careful about these things, but there's no reason they should just refuse straight out.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's... unusual. He doesn't have anything else he can use to verify he owns it? CD Key, email address, anything? Valve has to be careful about these things, but there's no reason they should just refuse straight out.

Valve will only accept a redeemed CD key or some information confirming a payment method used as proof of ownership.

Welp.

Shit's pretty amazing.

With CC info in particular, all you need to provide is the card type, full name of the card holder, and the last four digits. Surely your brother has an order confirmation/receipt somewhere with these details?

xJavonta

Banned
Welp.

Shit's pretty amazing.
He doesn't have an archived email or receipt from the account?

Grief.exe

With CC info in particular, all you need to provide is the card type, full name of the card holder, and the last four digits. Surely your brother has an order confirmation/receipt somewhere with this info?

Get on Amazon, they literally save all of that information.

Danj

You may have just given me a way to fund my summer sale lol. All my actual money is tied up in purchases for this year (PS4, new 3DS, laptop)

I managed to make £13.54 selling cards. Not quite enough to fund the summer sale, but still not bad at all for basically just sitting there with the game open idling.

The e-mail was hotmail, and now hotmail isn't even hotmail anymore and he doesn't remember the damn account.

Get on Amazon, they literally save all of that information.

It's amazing how much info he doesn't save.

I'm beginning to think he's just screwed.

Blizzard

Banned
The e-mail was hotmail, and now hotmail isn't even hotmail anymore and he doesn't remember the damn account.

It's amazing how much info he doesn't save.

I'm beginning to think he's just screwed.
Are you sure he's actually your brother? You might want to ask for some documentation...if he tells you he's lost the birth certificate then he's probably a cylon, be warned.

I don't get why the Trine 2 Complete upgrade isn't on sale. It's 4.49€ for Trine 2 owners while Trine 2 Complete itself is 3.39€. Must be a mistake.

fernandes

How can you even tell if you have to buy the upgrade or not? The only entry in the store right now is Trine 2: Complete Story and it says I already own it.

If you own the DLC (Goblin Menace) you have the Complete Story.

If you can't find out whether you have the DLC or not, do this:
Go to your library and right click Trine 2 and choose properties. Go to DLC subsection. If it's empty then you do not have the DLC and need to buy the Upgrade to Complete story option.

Is Skyrim: Dragonborn worth the money? I'd ask in the Skyrim thread but I imagine I'd not get a totally unbiased answer in there.

Is it self contained or does my character transfer over into the core game? Does it take place before or after the core game?

Eternia

If you can't find out whether you have the DLC or not, do this:
Go to your library and right click Trine 2 and choose properties. Go to DLC subsection. If it's empty then you do not have the DLC and need to buy the Upgrade to Complete story option.
Aww, that's a shame. I guess I'll need to pick up the upgrade option one day.

najt

Neo Member
Is Skyrim: Dragonborn worth the money? I'd ask in the Skyrim thread but I imagine I'd not get a totally unbiased answer in there.

Is it self contained or does my character transfer over into the core game? Does it take place before or after the core game?

IMHO it's the only Skyrim DLC worth getting. You play with your current character, and it occurs during the core game. You will get attacked by some cultists who carries a note that will start the quest. You can then travel to Solstheim if you wish.

IMHO it's the only Skyrim DLC worth getting. You play with your current character, and it occurs during the core game. You will get attacked by some cultists who carries a note that will start the quest. You can then travel to Solstheim if you wish.

Thanks. Do you know how long it takes to complete? Any cool items/abilities to pick up?

mileS

Hai guys. Agricultural Simulator 2013 is out now. -20% off.

Key Features
Including Interactive Tutorial
Includes 4 Maps
Includes more than 100 machines
Free placeable building including:
Solar Energy Plant
Greenhouse
Windmills
Dung Tank
Extensive Help System, including Transport tasks
6 different animal species

Status