• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little off topic, but hotmail accounts still log in with the @hotmail.com suffix on live.com

For kicks after reading this post I tried to log into my hotmail account that I haven't used in many, many years.

Now that they have my cell phone number (used for verification) I can still log into my account since I remembered my old password. All of the emails have been wiped, however.

Then for kicks I tried to log into my old Xbox Live account that I haven't used since the original Xbox. Yup, it's been that long.

I was able to "log in" but it was treated like a new account. My old gamertag was unavailable and it gave me some randomly generated gamertag for some reason.

I'm never going to use it and now I feel dirty for having a Live account again, even if it's the free version.

sprinkles

Finished the final Sleeping Dogs Story DLC, Year of the Snake. Did not really like it. I loved first two DLC's and of course the main game, particularly because they all were based closely on Hongkong Cinema, be it trashy Horror flicks, old Kung Fu movies (Bruce Lee comes to mind) or cool Action/Crime Drama. The last DLC just did not have any flair and was plain boring in the end.

I have a few spare steam vouchers free to a good home, just PM me you steam profile and I'll trade them over:

-50% off The Bridge
-50% off Euro Truck Simulator 2
-33% off Strike Suit Zero

Also looking for a Sanctum 2 voucher if anyone has one lying around in their inventory.

KarmaCow

Lame, I wanted to get the DLC for Trine 2 but they forgot to give a discount. I can't even buy the cheaper full pack because I own the base game.

v0rtikal

I just purchased Trine Complete (didn't have any).. for $4.99 good deal. See....? that's one of the main differences between Steam and consoles ;D

Omg, I just left my brother play Half-Life 2 and now I have 2 Foil Game Cards. I hope to buy CivV:BNW or DayZ selling cards this summer.
Jeez, Valve, this is going nuts.

derExperte

Omg, I just left my brother play Half-Life 2 and now I have 2 Foil Game Cards. I hope to buy CivV:BNW or DayZ selling cards this summer.

Unfortunately the prices for foils have more or less crashed. Some are still rare, other not so much (HL2 for example). But of course it's still free money...

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual

Well, as soon as this goes public the market will "crash"... Foil will be 2-1.5€ top imho.

Edit:

Unfortunately the prices for foils have more or less crashed. Some are still rare, other not so much (HL2 for example). But of course it's still free money...

Yep.

In a perfect world, Quantic Dream never getting back to me about self-publishing Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy on Steam, as it does on GOG, would mean the inquiry fired off a few dormant synapses. I guess David Cage is too busy pretending to make movies to care. :(
Do they actually own the IP?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
If this were one year ago, I'd be inclined to agree. At this point, it's hard to muster up any interest. Plus I'd have to dig up my ME2 save file, and I've already sort of forgotten what happened in the previous two games, so it's like, should I bother, or should I just replay 1&2. And then I remember that I'm a completionist, so that would entail putting myself through the Mako planet exploration minigame...

Without exaggeration, this looks like the result of someone learning to use Bryce3D for the first time:
I wouldn't mind driving the Mako for you. Not for nothing they are my favorite parts of the game, along with the first 5 hours at the Citadel.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Soooooo...You think the Skyrim DLC will be daily when the summer sale starts?

And when do you think that sale is starting.

And what day will that daily be.

On the subject of pointless life wasters I found out last night that Awesomenauts has 95 levels and 10 prestige ranks (that resets you to level 18). Thats 785 levels in total. I like that game, but who plays awesomenauts that much?

KarmaCow

On the subject of pointless life wasters I found out last night that Awesomenauts has 95 levels and 10 prestige ranks (that resets you to level 18). Thats 785 levels in total. I like that game, but who plays awesomenauts that much?

I think those achievements were implemented before they updated PC version to have a level cap of 95.

Soooooo...You think the Skyrim DLC will be daily when the summer sale starts?

And when do you think that sale is starting.

And what day will that daily be.

Yeah probably; First-ish week of July; It'll probably happen twice, or three times depending if they wheel back out the community vote thing, though what day the deal will fall on is near impossible to predict this far out.

Caerith

I have about 70% and I've put just shy of 200 hours into the game. I think to snag them all Civ V pretty much has to be the only game you play.
I think you just need to approach it methodically. Make a list of all the civs you still need to play and what their special cheevo is (ie, Alexander and conquer the world by 650BC), and take care not to repeat yourself more than necessary. I mean yeah it will still take a loooong time, but totally manageable.

My problem is every time I knock out 20 achievements, they add another 50.

I think you just need to approach it methodically. Make a list of all the civs you still need to play and what their special cheevo is (ie, Alexander and conquer the world by 650BC), and take care not to repeat yourself more than necessary. I mean yeah it will still take a loooong time, but totally manageable.

My problem is every time I knock out 20 achievements, they add another 50.

Not to mention, theres a new expansion just around the corner.

achievement_zps20ec5145.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom