• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

I litereally watched that whole Civ V video lol

So tired. Going to bed now. E3 coming up soon.

EDIT: Fuck it. Bought Civ V for $5 from GMG.

Wasn't feeling Just Cause 2 anyways, and need a game until Day Z comes out.

Dr Dogg

I litereally watched that whole Civ V video lol

So tired. Going to bed now. E3 coming up soon.

EDIT: Fuck it. Bought Civ V for $5 from GMG.

Wasn't feeling Just Cause 2 anyways, and need a game until Day Z comes out.

What are you doing man! I'll admit Civ V is finally coming up to snuff buy IV, and more importantly BtS have been the best experience for ages. Plus Leonard Nimoy, that is all that needs to be said.

V's worth it at that price but I didn't like that changes and omissions and masses of dlc that used to be provided by mods. Though some of them are being slowly added back in.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Now if only Bioshock 1 and 2 and Infinite were good games, when compared to what they're trying to succeed, the venerable System Shock 2.

Were they actually trying to succeed SS2? Or was the goal when creating those games to make a follow up to the ideas of SS2 more accessible to the mass market?

Gvaz

Banned
Well if their goal was to make SS2 more accessible to the mass market, they sure did a good drop of dropping it into the shit and rolling it around a bit.

ShaneB

I put in maybe 30 hours of Civ V without really understanding it. I mean, like, those icons on the city maps, for food and gold and production, I just figured more was better but didn't know what they actually, you know, did. This video really cleared a lot of stuff up for me and now I finally feel I know what I'm doing in the game.

Sounds good to me, I'll check it asap, and from the replies in this thread, sounds like it's a solid video. I've watched a few Civ V tutorial vids before, but certainly won't hurt to watch another, thanks for this! I'm especially excited for BNW because of the focus on improving the non-combat game/late game. I love all sorts of victories other than domination, but there comes a point where I'm just 'next turn'ing a lot.

EDIT: On another note, I don't have enough Steam Gaf friends. Feel free to add me guys: pock3tmonster.

I don't have enough Steam GAF friends either. I'll add you

I'll go ahead and add you both, I know when I started to use Steam more and more and back to primarily pc gaming it certainly helped to have a large friends list.

Caerith

Sounds good to me, I'll check it asap, and from the replies in this thread, sounds like it's a solid video. I've watched a few Civ V tutorial vids before, but certainly won't hurt to watch another, thanks for this! I'm especially excited for BNW because of the focus on improving the non-combat game/late game. I love all sorts of victories other than domination, but there comes a point where I'm just 'next turn'ing a lot.

I'll go ahead and add you both, I know when I started to use Steam more and more and back to primarily pc gaming it certainly helped to have a large friends list.
Seriously re: Brave New World. Doing a cultural victory currently is just, well... While waiting for culture points to accrue, I got Maria Theresa to finally shut up by essentially stealth bombing every one of her cities to rubble then dropping two nukes on her capital, just to pass the time.

Oh, and in other news:

We at Frozenbyte are aware of this and want to tell you that this wasn't planned. So it's an unfortunate mistake and we are trying to get it fixed! We are sorry for all the disappointment this has caused! :(
Link. Maybe they'll get the Trine 2 Complete Story Upgrade price-fixed in the next 4 hours.

Blablurn

I played through them both on the Xbox. I have yet to install and play the PC versions. That doesn't muster much faith though. I want System Shock 2 myself, but I'll wait out the Steam sale.

EDIT: On another note, I don't have enough Steam Gaf friends. Feel free to add me guys: pock3tmonster.

added u : )

KarmaCow

Rochard is a pretty neat game but the amount of combat in the game is a bummer. I was enjoying the puzzle platforming and then it had a straight up survive until the elevator comes moment.

Oh, and in other news:

Link. Maybe they'll get the Trine 2 Complete Story Upgrade price-fixed in the next 4 hours.

I guess it's good that it was just a mistake and not dickery but I don't see it getting fixed before the daily changes over.

ShaneB

Seriously re: Brave New World. Doing a cultural victory currently is just, well... While waiting for culture points to accrue, I got Maria Theresa to finally shut up by essentially stealth bombing every one of her cities to rubble then dropping two nukes on her capital, just to pass the time.

Combat terrifies me because I don't like pissing anyone off, and I know I always have a dreadfully pathetic army so I would easily be wiped out in such a case. lol

can you all add me as well guys :)

Steam name is Aeschylus100

I have no friends

You don't exist :p It's something I wish Steam made more clearly, but I assume you shared your account name, not your profile name :)

Tak3n

Banned
Combat terrifies me because I don't like pissing anyone off, and I know I always have a dreadfully pathetic army so I would easily be wiped out in such a case. lol

You don't exist :p It's something I wish Steam made more clearly, but I assume you shared your account name, not your profile name :)

ahh I see :)

My name is Aeschylus

HoosTrax

ahh I see :)

My name is Aeschylus
Dude, no, lol. Visible Steam names are not unique, so when you pick a generic name like that, there is no way anyone is going to be to do a search for and find you. There are at least two dozen "Aeschylus".

Post a link to your actual Steam community profile.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Prior to the most recent Steam Community overhaul you could search for friends via account name and e-mail address, in addition to profile name. Perhaps Valve ditched the two over security concerns.

Acorn

I played through them both on the Xbox. I have yet to install and play the PC versions. That doesn't muster much faith though. I want System Shock 2 myself, but I'll wait out the Steam sale.

My list is rather bare too, I'll add you.

BigAT

I have Steam set to automatically start when Windows starts, but unfortunately for some reason in the last week or so it suddenly began to start only in Offline Mode even though I have my login information saved properly.

Anyone else have this problem creep up on them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom