• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have Steam set to automatically start when Windows starts, but unfortunately for some reason in the last week or so it suddenly began to start only in Offline Mode even though I have my login information saved properly.

Anyone else have this problem creep up on them?

Open regedit, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Valve -> Steam and ensure "Offline" isn't set to 1. Failing that, when running Steam, I'd try switching users only to log in to your usual account albeit without saving the log-in information; this may stop Steam from attempting to use Offline Mode the next time you restart your PC.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
xcomwkji2.png

anybody know what that x-com pre-purchase entry is that appeared in my games list?

Caerith

Combat terrifies me because I don't like pissing anyone off, and I know I always have a dreadfully pathetic army so I would easily be wiped out in such a case. lol
Oh, I dislike combat too. I tend to focus on science and economy so that, by the time diplomacy fails and someone points their massive fleets of wooden ships at me, I can respond by going to the city menu and clicking "Purchase Nuclear Submarine."

Caerith

Daily: Carpe Fulgur Collection (Chantelise, Recettear, Fortune Summoners) -75%

Weekly: Dishonored -33%
Painkiller Hell & Damnation -75%
Super Hexagon -67%
Future Wars -75%
Kane & Lynch 2 -50%
Symphony -50%
Space Empires V -75%

Welp looks like Dead Rising 3 will be a Xbone exclusive, that's a shame since the console doesn't interest me and it was one of my favorite franchises last gen, finished the first like 10 times and double dipped on the second.

But anyway OT, Steam summer sale is coming soon and I've heard that one of the Max Payne 3 DLCs has coop in it, is it worth it to take the DLC only for the coop ? I'm really not interested in competitive multiplayer. With 75% off that makes the DLC 2,5€.
Thanks !

gabbo

Welp looks like Dead Rising 3 will be a Xbone exclusive, that's a shame since the console doesn't interest me and it was one of my favorite franchises last gen, finished the first like 10 times and double dipped on the second.

But anyway OT, Steam summer sale is coming soon and I've heard that one of the Max Payne 3 DLCs has coop in it, is it worth it to take the DLC only for the coop ? I'm really not interested in competitive multiplayer. With 75% off that makes the DLC 2,5€.
Thanks !

Me thinks DR3 will be timed exclusive at best

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
How to get Unepic on Steam:
  • Go to your July Jubilee bundle purchase on IndieRoyale
  • Copy the "In Game Items" key from Unepic
  • Go here and register with your e-mail and the above key
  • Press the button next to "Your Steam key:", copy and activate the key on Steam

Official early access Steam release is on June 13th. Single player mode is finished according to the dev.

justjim89

Gah, just got $20 of disposable funds. Which of these should I pick up?

Dust
Gunpoint
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
Miasmata

Help me out, folks.

jediyoshi

Gah, just got $20 of disposable funds. Which of these should I pick up?

Dust
Gunpoint
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
Miasmata

Help me out, folks.

I'd take miasmata out of the equation and go with your gut. Though depending on how much 'value' you're looking to get, gunpoint has probably the shortest content and dust would be longest.

ShaneB

Oh, I dislike combat too. I tend to focus on science and economy so that, by the time diplomacy fails and someone points their massive fleets of wooden ships at me, I can respond by going to the city menu and clicking "Purchase Nuclear Submarine."

Yeah, my next game I play I think i'll go for a Diplomacy victory and focus on economy.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
[Gamestop] - Paradox Interactive titles 50-75% off. Almost all activate on Steam. Be sure it says "Steamworks" on the product page before purchasing.

Notable (50% off newer releases/75% off Impire):

[Gamefly] - use 20% off code GFDJUN20 or GFDJUN20UK to get the discounted price listed below
[GMG] - use code GMG20-JLKSA-7A8HA for an additional 20% off
[Indie Gala Store]

Momentary

Banned
I've been doing pretty good with just sticking to Steam and Desura. I have seriously missed out on some games since I refuse to use Origin. And no, I'm not a Valve fanboy. I just don't support EA anymore... but with these new EA games, I might just say screw it.

mrgone

I am hoping that 'Below' is a timed exclusive.

Yeah! The only thing I've seen in a press conference so far that's made me scramble to find more information. Though it's got Microsoft Studios all over it - whatever happens with Super Time Force will probably be a good indication of whether or not Below'll make it over here.

I have Steam set to automatically start when Windows starts, but unfortunately for some reason in the last week or so it suddenly began to start only in Offline Mode even though I have my login information saved properly.

Does it let you go online mode? Happening to me all day and tons of folks on the forums saying same thing. Steam says we are offline and wont let us use friends list or play online games. Really fucking annoying

New Tom Clancy game looks promising. I guess it will depend on how open world it is, or if it was just a scripted hallway, not sure if those voices during the demo were supposed to be real people or just npcs, some of dialogue did seem 4th wall breaking ("I have my group heal"). I miss Rainbow six :(. Kinda wish there was a pc/steam conference now. Make it happen GabeN!

#SteamE32014#Believe

Mine was fine yesterday and most of today, then it just went into Offline mode and has been stuck there. It seems to be a thing with many people going by the Steam forums at the moment.

spectros4

Neo Member
This E3 made me realize that becoming a PC gamer has drastically changed my interest in games.
I more interested in indie games than some large budget game.

The only games that really caught my eye today were Mirror's Edge 2 and Battlefield 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom