• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
This E3 made me realize that becoming a PC gamer has drastically changed my interest in games.
I more interested in indie games than some large budget game.

I'm noticing that too. Those two consoles are doing absolutely zero for me. I'm more likely to buy a wii-u at this point since Nintendo games seem more complimentary to my PC gaming.
The reason I bought an Xbox360 was just to play Castle Crashers and other XBLA games but now I see that there was a gold mine of indie games on the PC that I didn't know about (and for much cheaper prices)

HoosTrax

slurpeet.png

"Steam card to go along with that Slurpee, ma'am?"

Deques

How to get Unepic on Steam:
  • Go to your July Jubilee bundle purchase on IndieRoyale
  • Copy the "In Game Items" key from Unepic
  • Go here and register with your e-mail and the above key
  • Press the button next to "Your Steam key:", copy and activate the key on Steam

Official early access Steam release is on June 13th. Single player mode is finished according to the dev.

Sigh... that's a bundle which I didn't purchase. Unepic looks fun game

Salsa

all these games are great but are all Origin/Uplay/no PC confirmed yadda yadda

Activision is the good guy now, has been for a couple years in that fucking weird-ass turn of events

bring me that steamworks TitanFall

all hail bobby

bobby+kotick+the+devil.jpg

oipic

Praise the sun.

2Ga8KLZ.png

This is GLORIOUS - that little Steam logo is indeed a wondrous and significant thing.

I had a genuine sense of... pride, or something similar, when I spied it down the bottom there.

Having said that, I suck at games and wimped out of the first a few hours in - but I bumbled my way through enough to know it would be a magnificent experience in the hands of a more capable gamer. There's several months to whip up some confidence and give it another go, I guess.

all these games are great but are all Origin/Uplay/no PC confirmed yadda yadda

Activision is the good guy now, has been for a couple years in that fucking weird-ass turn of events

bring me that steamworks TitanFall

all hail bobby

bobby+kotick+the+devil.jpg

Guys you think we should let Salsa know that TitanFall is EA and that means Origin....

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Would've been perfect even without the Saoirse connection. Nicely done :)

Cheers. ;)

Guys you think we should let Salsa know that TitanFall is EA and that means Origin....

Steam is still a distinct possibility. Thus far the only EAP game that hasn't come to Steam is Syndicate*, which makes sense when you consider that EA owns the IP.

* There's also Crysis 3, but given how long Crysis 2 took to reappear, it's a little too early to call. I suspect it'll show up as yet another Maximum Edition soon after Crytek is done pumping out DLC.

Edit: Oh, and Hellgate: London, but that's a messy situation as the game was co-published by EA, Scamco and Hanbit, plus Flagship Studios shut up shop in 2008 and the IP was subsequently abandoned.

adaen

It always bugged me that I have a ton of unused steam keys from various bundles but never knew exactly which were unused. So I sat down and compared my steam redeem history with the release time of the bundles.

Since the release of the first Humble Bundle in may 2010 I purchased 78 bundles which gave me 430 steam games of which 93 were duplicates.

Anyway quote to reveal codes for:

Reign: Conflict of Nations
Xotic
Gish
BIT.TRIP RUNNER
Trine

cicero

It always bugged me that I have a ton of unused steam keys from various bundles but never knew exactly which were unused. So I sat down and compared my steam redeem history with the release time of the bundles.

Since the release of the first Humble Bundle in may 2010 I purchased 78 bundles which gave me 430 steam games of which 93 were duplicates.

I didn't take anything, I just wanted to say how nice it was of you to do this for fellow GAFers. Thank you!

Salsa

you know vita being pretty much confirmed dead and all and being turned into an indie machine makes me wish the Sony - Steam thing would have worked better

if I could play indie games on vita with my Steam interface/gameplay tracking/cheevos/etc i'd honestly get one and play Spelunky from wherever in my house instead of sitting here for hours

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So EA does own the rights to the IP as well? No chance of a KoA/Crysis scenario?

Respawn owns the IP. Part of what made the EAP program so appealing
(to a few developers)
is that a publishing deal didn't require giving up IP ownership.

mrgone

The whole EA press conference had a nasty aftertaste, thinking it all needed Origin :p

It could've been worse - it could've been the Ubisoft press conference where they didn't even mention the PC as a potential platform for their most interesting thing (The Division). I'll take Origin over aloof silence. And maybe over Uplay :D

jediyoshi

Respawn owns the IP. Part of what made the EAP program so appealing
(to a few developers)
is that a publishing deal didn't require giving up IP ownership.

Ah I wasn't even sure if this was EAP or not. Not surprising that after having to give up Halo, they'd make sure their next deal meant they could hold onto their new IP.

I want to believe ]:

Katoki

Reign: Conflict of Nations
Xotic
Gish
BIT.TRIP RUNNER
Trine

Took Runner, many thanks.

The only thing I'm concerned about Titanfalls is whether I'll have dedicated servers or not, if it has I'll gladly get it on origin, but if it doesn't, you can can kiss my ass EA.

That's the only reason I'm only playing COD4 online, dedicated servers.

What didn't you not achieve?

I barely got anywhere in the game, only expanded a few times and scouted out the map. Got into a few fights with some city states, fun was had. Its good to know how happiness and population actually works now, before I was just expanding where ever just to gain map control and not understanding why some cities were so slow at producing structures/units.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
well Mirror's Edge 2 confirmed for PC

E3 worth it

dat Origin
I'm buying this. It'll be the first Origin game I actually pay for.

On another note, my internet was down this morning and I couldn't buy the Carpe Fulgur pack (Recettear, Chantelise and Fortune Summoners). And since I'm at work now, I won't be able to do it until I come home tonight, and by that time the daily deal will have changed.

Whatever, after the fiasco that was last night's Sony's conference stream (which ran worse than if it would have been on a dial-up connection, for which I blame my fucking ISP, and as a result I missed 97% of the stuff said and shown there) I'm not surprised anymore that things suck. Maybe if I'm lucky they'll be 75% off again on the Summer Sale.

HoosTrax

I'm buying this. It'll be the first Origin game I actually pay for.

On another note, my internet was down this morning and I couldn't buy the Carpe Fulgur pack (Recettear, Chantelise and Fortune Summoners). And since I'm at work now, I won't be able to do it until I come home tonight, and by that time the daily deal will have changed.

Whatever, after the fiasco that was last night's Sony's conference stream (which ran worse than if it would have been on a dial-up connection, for which I blame my fucking ISP, and as a result I missed 97% of the stuff said and shown there) I'm not surprised anymore that things suck. Maybe if I'm lucky they'll be 75% off again on the Summer Sale.
Want me to buy one and hold onto it for you? (it's $12.49 USD, I have no idea how many pesos you would be paying and if the price is comparable)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Want me to buy one and hold onto it for you? (it's $12.49 USD, I have no idea how many pesos you would be paying and if the price is comparable)
Nah, don't worry. Thanks a lot for the offer, but I'd rather not have to deal with Paypal, as I never used it to transfer money to another person and I don't want to risk having to pay a fee or something.

It will be on sale again someday, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom