• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure the cards will have some kind of importance in the upcoming summer sale.

Some dude already (broke NDA and?) spilled the beans that it's the meta-game.

They also implied we will have special Steam Sale Badges based on the games on sale that day. Which is, like everything Valve does concerning Steam, both evil and genius.

Nabs

Some dude already (broke NDA and?) spilled the beans that it's the meta-game.

They also implied we will have special Steam Sale Badges based on the games on sale that day. Which is, like everything Valve does concerning Steam, both evil and genius.

Link?

oipic

Ah, still no foil friend? Same here, 28 drops now and no foil to be seen.

I read somewhere (or perhaps imagined?) that the foil drop rate is ~1%, so 0/28 (as I am, thereabouts) can't be considered unlucky at this stage, I guess. I still curse my 'luck' when every non-foily JPEG lands in my inventory, though.

I have visions of folks at Valve regularly twiddling knobs and adjusting sliders to vary the card rates depending on market activity etc - we are merely their puppets, after all.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh, wow, I just got my third foil, haha; second of the day. I should go out and buy a Lotto ticket!

Acorn

Oh, wow, I just got my third foil, haha; second of the day. I should go out and buy a Lotto ticket!

image.php

Thats me right now.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
So these are all "Series 1" cards. I'm assuming that eventually there'll be a series 2 etc, wonder if the old cards will be retired or they'll add to them? Could be worth holding on to cards if they get replaced as the price will increase. Obviously a while away before something like that could happen though.

Acorn

So these are all "Series 1" cards. I'm assuming that eventually there'll be a series 2 etc, wonder if the old cards will be retired or they'll add to them? Could be worth holding on to cards if they get replaced as the price will increase. Obviously a while away before something like that could happen though.

Yeah I've started holding onto my non shitty games cards for that reason. Hopefully rarity becomes a thing because 1st issues are always the more expensive.

Kerub

Banned
Rome: Total War for 1 dollar/euro is a fantastic deal. So many good gameplay hours for 1 buck.

I almost felt a bit ashamed buying it that cheap..

Look like my tweets worked :lol

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=585746

"Of course we are developing on a PC, so we look forward to releasing something on the PC sometime, but right now we have no release date, we are not really looking to do that right now, that's not a priority, so, we are making it and we hope to put it out [on PC] as well"

So basically console version first and PC version later.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
My internet was down last night (strange, I know!), so if had an Xbone I would have been totally screwed.

Does anyone else not want to play games when they're offline, due to achievements not unlocking and play time not being tracked? I spent my night playing Windows Solitaire and listening to a Foo Fighters album (which, by the way, ended up being absolutely awesome).

Shamelessly idling on FTL right now. First time I ever booted it up too.
I'm going to do this whenever I can get a drop of connection at home. Or maybe I'll actually play it; I tried it a while ago and it was fun.

Hawkie

Have you already bought the pack? Because I did, so if you or anyone else wants in quote and pm me. (2 spots left, I'll be gone for about an hour now)

Thanks for the offer but have already bought the pack. Got 1 copy left if anyone interested. Pm and quote.

Acorn

My internet was down last night (strange, I know!), so if had an Xbone I would have been totally screwed.

Does anyone else not want to play games when they're offline, due to achievements not unlocking and play time not being tracked? I spent my night playing Windows Solitaire and listening to a Foo Fighters album (which, by the way, ended up being absolutely awesome).

They don't? I could swear Football Manager unlocked some when I my internet went down a few months ago.

I'm going to do this whenever I can get a drop of connection at home. Or maybe I'll actually play it; I tried it a while ago and it was fun.

that's ok....just get a 360 instead :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
They don't? I could swear Football Manager unlocked some when I my internet went down a few months ago.

Depends on the game; some allow it, some don't. Darksiders 2 is another example of a game that supports offline achievements.

I'd be very surprised if it's not an Origin game.

It's sad that I would rather play this on PS4 than have to use Origin. For a new IP, and one that is focused on multiplayer, they really need to build a following for their game. Releasing it on Steam will reach the biggest audience.

I take my computer out of town with me quite a bit and I have no problems with achievements not unlocking in offline mode (they unlock like normal, and then update to steam next time the client is online and you click on the game in the interface), the game time not being tracked is a little annoying, and its annoying not being able to see the achievements list because its ostensibly just a web page on steams website. I've also noticed the longer I have steam offline, the more games lose their steam grid icons if they aren't custom, must be a weird caching problem.

It's unbelievable how many cards I've had double. Are there different drop chances in cards that make some rarer or something?

Same, and based on the market saturation of the doubles I get, I have a feeling there is some weight to which one drops. Could just be confirmation bias but it is odd that I got two Salvadors and then went to check the market and saw his card is the most flooded.

Same, and based on the market saturation of the doubles I get, I have a feeling there is some weight to which one drops. Could just be confirmation bias but it is odd that I got two Salvadors and then went to check the market and saw his card is the most flooded.

Might be bugs in the RNG when issuing cards, or just circumstantial. I got 2 Handsome Jacks that were the most expensive BL2 cards on the market at the time, and yesterday I got 3 stealth cruisers that were the least expensive. So its hard to tell.

derExperte

Hm, buy FTL now for 4,99 or wait for a cheaper price which probably will push the prices of the cards even further down (though it seems everyone but me owns the game already)? Buying games has become so complicated..

Dr Dogg

Depends on the game; some allow it, some don't. Darksiders 2 is another example of a game that supports offline achievements.

Huh? Never knew that. Not that I bother to play what I buy but still nice to know.

It's unbelievable how many cards I've had double. Are there different drop chances in cards that make some rarer or something?

There needs to be a second phase to the beta where Valve introduces a playground so we can all huddle round in a circle going "got, got, got, need, got, got..."

Blablurn

Hm, buy FTL now for 4,99 or wait for a cheaper price which probably will push the prices of the cards even further down (though it seems everyone but me owns the game already)? Buying games has become so complicated..

I hope it's gonna be part of one of those indie bundles at some point

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I take my computer out of town with me quite a bit and I have no problems with achievements not unlocking in offline mode (they unlock like normal, and then update to steam next time the client is online and you click on the game in the interface), the game time not being tracked is a little annoying, and its annoying not being able to see the achievements list because its ostensibly just a web page on steams website. I've also noticed the longer I have steam offline, the more games lose their steam grid icons if they aren't custom, must be a weird caching problem.
Not only do they lose the grid images, but the detail view icons too. I don't understand why Steam doesn't have a local copy of those images, as a kind of cache, and only update them when needed/prompted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom