• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDug13

So I can't seem to buy anything with any credit or debit card that I have, and after 4 days, STEAM still has not responded to my trouble ticket.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? What's my best alternative?

I bought stuff on GMG after STEAM said no, using the same exact credit card, then I activated it on STEAM. But not everything I want to buy is on GMG's site, and STEAM doesn't want to take my money...

Always find it odd that people want games to be removed from their accounts but I suppose if you like keeping things clean it can make sense, I alphabetize all my blu-rays and dvds for instance.

Steam should add the feature origin has where you can hide games.

Goon Boon

Banned
I was thinking about getting rid of this account. It's been tarnished.

Alright I'll have a go at it.

I think if its part of a bundle (say you buy an indie bundle, and theres only 1 key for 5 games), they have to remove the entire bundle. But separate keys apparently they can just remove on it's own.

Smash88

Banned
Always find it odd that people want games to be removed from their accounts but I suppose if you like keeping things clean it can make sense, I alphabetize all my blu-rays and dvds for instance.

It's not just being able to keep it clean. But it's getting rid of games I will seriously never ever touch again for as long as I live. It's pointless to have them available and every time I see them they annoy me and reminds me of regret.

Nabs

Only after Origin adds the feature where you can actually remove an alpha/beta/demo from your account. I have 3 copies of BF3, 2 Sim City, and that KoA demo stuck on my account.

Istaerion

Alright. I have a really crazy question.

Can I ask Steam Support to remove some games from my library?

I have over 15 games I want to remove from my library, either regrets, part of indie bundles, or plain garbage.

Yes, you certainly can.

A lot of people claim it's a huge hassle, but I haven't encountered any complications when using the format listed below in my support tickets.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hello, I would like to have the following licenses/subscriptions removed from my account as per the Steam Subscriber Agreement.

• INSERT GAME/LICENSE/SUBSCRIPTION HERE

Should it be needed, here's a paraphrased copy of the article and clause I'm referring to:

10. TERM AND TERMINATION

B. Termination by You

You may cancel your Account at any time. You may cease use of a Subscription at any time or, if you choose, you may request that we terminate your access to a Subscription.

That said, I apologize in advance if this request was forwarded to the wrong department. Unfortunately, the category list doesn't seem to properly cover this issue.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Just remember to keep in mind that games that were provided via a bundle will not be removed independently but will instead call for the bundle's complete removal.

Blizzard

Banned
Only after Origin adds the feature where you can actually remove an alpha/beta/demo from your account. I have 3 copies of BF3, 2 Sim City, and that KoA demo stuck on my account.
Or the joy of discovering that after deleting a game/beta/free weekend, it has left part of itself behind in your Steam apps folder, requiring manual exorcism.

ArjanN

I wonder if this one will culminate in a GAF account suicide like the previous Steam library OCD guy who flew off the handle.

It just makes me to want to break into their houses at night and tilt a painting on their wall by 2%.

It'll take them a few years at least.

Valve are the slowest people on earth.

There would be a bunch of dumbasses who'd forgot they hid something and then complain. Which is probably the same reason you can't rename games.

Salsa

iSsqev0vG9sDw.PNG

they really need to change the "recommends" for something else

Salsa

I felt like Derrick while playing that shit. It's the epitome of everything I dont like about modern AAA games put into one tight little package.

I was so hopeful/enjoying it the first hour or so too.. sigh

1-D_FTW

:lol

Took me a while to find that hide feauture. Seeing BF3, BF3 Alpha, BF 3 Beta really got on my nerves. I'm not really OCD, but come the fuck on. Really?

I felt like Derrick while playing that shit. It's the epitome of everything I dont like about modern AAA games put into one tight little package.

Did you have the same feelings with Dishonored / Bioshock Infinite / Far Cry 3?

Smash88

Banned
I wonder if this one will culminate in a GAF account suicide like the previous Steam library OCD guy who flew off the handle.

Story time. I missed this event.

Yeah, you can.

A lot of people claim it's a huge hassle, but I haven't encountered any complications when using the following format in my support tickets:

Just keep in mind that games that were provided via a bundle will not be removed independently and will instead call for all the bundle items to be removed.

Thanks for the heads up.

It just makes me to want to break into their houses at night and tilt a painting on their wall by 2%.

There would be a bunch of dumbasses who'd forgot they hid something and then complain. Which is probably the same reason you can't rename games.

That is just evil. Give them some sort of awareness 20% at least.

I agree with your second point. Too many morons forgetting they hid something.

iSsqev0vG9sDw.PNG

Damn Salsa, great review, will buy.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

Yes please. Not because I give a shit, but change it to "reviews" so people will shut up about it. I've had people hound me for "recommending" games I didn't like and been told Steam's recommendation system is not for writing negative views. These people were either plain stupid or being intentionally obtuse because of a word and it made me feel violent.

Salsa

Did you have the same feelings with Dishonored / Bioshock Infinite / Far Cry 3?

Dishonored nope, Infinite nope, Far Cry 3 yup

it's worse than far cry 3 tho. Far Cry 3 was still open world so you could have some fun with shenaningans, and it had some interesting characters (tho they rarely got to shine)

this was just handholding linear crap with the worst story ive seen in recent memory that takes itself so seriously that it is painful to think that those guys thought they were doing a good job

I've had people hound me for "recommending" games I didn't like and been told Steam's recommendation system is not for writing negative views.

lmao, wat

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Alright. I have a really crazy question.

Can I ask Steam Support to remove some games from my library?

I have over 15 games I want to remove from my library, either regrets, part of indie bundles, or plain garbage.

This is recycled material. You people should try new jokes.

...or is this a new part of the Steam Thread cycle, along with "Here's a screenshot of all my games" and "this website says I've wasted this amount of money on my library"?

1-D_FTW

Yes please. Not because I give a shit, but change it to "reviews" so people will shut up about it. I've had people hound me for "recommending" games I didn't like and been told Steam's recommendation system is not for writing negative views. These people were either plain stupid or being intentionally obtuse because of a word and it made me feel violent.

We're they actual friends? Cause that sounds like good grounds for a Steam "friend" de-listing:)

Nah, you need to post about 1000 times first about how much you are going to hate it before you end up buying it anyway. Then you'll get the full experience ;)

They made that exceedingly clear in the trailers prior to release. Why people who have a strong aversion to those things still bought the game is beyond me.

Yep. I made my peace with that though and still enjoyed it. Mind you, I only paid like $30 or whatever it was and in Australian terms that is pretty darn cheap. Also it was just fun playing around with the hair tech, even if it didn't quite work in the end. Shiny new toys are always fun.

1-D_FTW

They made that exceedingly clear in the trailers prior to release. Why people who have a strong aversion to those things still bought the game is beyond me.

Derrick had a post this morning that he was buying the Dishonored DLC and hoped it was good. Don't deny people their future rage:)

Salsa

Nah. They talked about exploration, about a great story, etc etc

I didnt bought it at release because I was still obviously skeptical because it didnt look like that. But it was offered to me for $20 and a lot of people on GAF seemed to like it enough, so why not?

the whole marketing shenanigans with the "you have to protect her" shit also had me wanting to see that for myself. It's not like I regret buying it, I did it knowingly.

I was expecting something like say.. Uncharted, wich while it still stays to those.. "cinematic" tropes at least it provides some interesting scenarios and likeable characters. This was just crap.

Varg

Banned

This this this x1000!!!! I knew what I was getting myself into and I enjoyed the experience so much, it is one of the rare games i did a 100% playthrough on.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Derrick had a post this morning that he was buying the Dishonored DLC and hoped it was good. Don't deny people their future rage:)

Yeah, it's kind of hilarious watching people blow 30-60$ on games just so they can shit on them online.

Nah. They talked about exploration, about a great story, etc etc

I didnt bought it at release because I was still obviously skeptical because it didnt look like that. But it was offered to me for $20 and a lot of people on GAF seemed to like it enough, so why not?

the whole marketing shenanigans with the "you have to protect her" shit also had me wanting to see that for myself. It's not like I regret buying it, I did it knowingly.

I was expecting something like say.. Uncharted, wich while it still stays to those.. "cinematic" tropes at least it provides some interesting scenarios and likeable characters. This was just crap.

Either you are blind or in denial about the trailer content.

Salsa

Yeah, it's kind of hilarious watching people blow 30-60$ on games just so they can shit on them online.

I dont get you. Im hating on the game because it was fucking terrible at the things it tried to do. Ive played similar games that were good and at least had redeeming qualities in other areas, see post above.

Salsa

Either you are blind or in denial about the trailer content.

im not in denial about the trailer content. It's a trailer. I knew what I was getting myself into but I wasnt expecting it to be THIS bad, I expected it to be something i'd spend $20 into and have a somewhat enjoying 8 hour experience. This was a 12 hour crap fest.

I dont particularly like these types of games, but i'll enjoy one that's universally revered as good because there ussually is something there. This game is not good.

I dont get what's so hard to understand about someone expecting a sub-par experience and finding one that is just pure crap.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I dont get you. Im hating on the game because it was fucking terrible at the things it tried to do. Ive played similar games that were good and at least had redeeming qualities in other areas, see post above.

The things it tried to do? It tried to be a mainstream action game catering to the lowest common denominator while implementing every cool modern game feature to maximize sales potential and hopefully become as consistently successful at moving copies like Uncharted.

I dont particularly like these types of games, but i'll enjoy one that's universally revered as good because there ussually is something there. This game is not good.

The game wasn't universally revered. Read like one page of the OT to see how divisively split the opinions were. That should have set off the alarm bells.

Salsa

The things it tried to do? It tried to be a mainstream action game catering to the lowest common denominator while implementing every cool modern game feature to maximize sales potential and hopefully become as consistently successful at moving copies like Uncharted.

Sure. Uncharted tried the same things and it ended up being a good game. This game ended up being a bad game.

I still dont get what you're saying.

It wasnt like I bought the game and went "oh shit this isnt what I was expecting at all", it was just that I wasnt expecting it to be fucking terrible as much as I was expecting it to be average.

The game wasn't universally revered. Read like one page of the OT to see how divisively split the opinions were. That should have set off the alarm bells.

I was refering more to Uncharted there, like commenting on why i'd still play a game that's not particularly among my favorite genres.

I still think the reception was surprisingly positive for this turd of a game

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
im not in denial about the trailer content. It's a trailer. I knew what I was getting myself into but I wasnt expecting it to be THIS bad, I expected it to be something i'd spend $20 into and have a somewhat enjoying 8 hour experience. This was a 12 hour crap fest.

I dont get what's so hard to understand about someone expecting a sub-par experience and finding one that is just pure crap.
You played all 12 hours of it, even though you hated it?

Salsa

You played all 12 hours of it, even though you hated it?

sure?

im not working nor studying at the moment, I thought id give it a fair chance of redeeming itself towards the later stages and figured i'd finish it to better be able to judge it.

Some parts I obviously enjoyed more than others, but if I sit and think back on it's just something I dont enjoyed at all, and the writting was offensively bad.

the writing got me into this sort of downward spiral where I just had to see if it could get any worse

ibdl7dtpuHJS2q.PNG

some top notch villainy right there

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
sure?

im not working nor studying at the moment, I thought id give it a fair chance of redeeming itself towards the later stages and figured i'd finish it to better be able to judge it.

Some parts I obviously enjoyed more than others, but if I sit and think back on it's just something I dont enjoyed at all, and the writting was offensively bad.
That's like saying that a show is terrible because of the writing, and then sitting down and watching an entire season of it.

Salsa

That's like saying that a show is terrible because of the writing, and then sitting down and watching an entire season of it.

no it aint

and sure, I had trouble pushing myself to finish it but I still wanted to do it. It's more like being 2 episodes away from a season finale when you stop to think and realize you're not liking the show at all. Do you just stop right there or push through the end?

it's up to you, but I think a lot of people do things like that.

I mean did you never encounter something so bad that you just had to see it through? I also still paid for the game, so if there was any enjoyment to be had down the line I still wanted to have it.

Derrick01

Banned

It aint my money. Finally getting to put that TF2 money to use.

I just hope it's not as poorly designed as the main game was. It can happen, Missing Link was better than most parts of human revolution.

zkylon

zkylewd
sure?

the writing got me into this sort of downward spiral where I just had to see if it could get any worse
getting some fallout 3 vibes from your comment

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
We're they actual friends? Cause that sounds like good grounds for a Steam "friend" de-listing:)

Not actual friends just Steam friends. Didn't remove them (yet). You're probably right though, someone has to be purposely obtuse to interpret recommendation that way and it's pretty obnoxious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom