• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would certainly recommend Scribblenauts at 10 dollars, haven't gotten the new one yet as I was waiting for the Wii U version to drop in price but I spent a few dozen hours with Unlimited on the DS. It's just a lot of fun to mess around with things and the missions can be pretty fun as well. Pretty sure unlimited has a free mode as well.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose. Went ahead and bought the PC version, seems the Wii U version will never drop to a comparable level.

Blizzard

Banned
don't play it for any long period of time and you'll be fine. I played it between bigger games. Picked up a couple starites here and there and was charmed the whole way through.

I got it on the amazon xmas sale. Was worth it.
This is probably good advice. Don't play it as a single sitting from start to finish or it might get old; space it out over a few weeks.

don't play it for any long period of time and you'll be fine. I played it between bigger games. Picked up a couple starites here and there and was charmed the whole way through.

I got it on the amazon xmas sale. Was worth it.

I got it too, it was $7.50, nice deal!

Yes, as Bus said it becomes very workish.

Pretty much. Especially since it's not nearly as "open-minded" as the earlier games apparently were. It wants things done a certain way. So eventually you just cave and it becomes workmanlike.

So it seems that I will play it for shorts periods of time!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
New bundle at Indie Royale: The Spring Bundle. Only two Steam games, but this gave me a good reason to upvote Knytt and Texas.

http://www.indieroyale.com/

• Knytt Underground for: windows, mac, desura
  • The Real Texas for: windows, mac, linux, desura
  • Monday Night Combat for: steam (pc)
  • SATAZIUS for: steam (pc), windows, desura
  • Gentrieve 2 for: windows, mac, linux, desura

At first I was like: what a bunch of unknown games and a game I already own.. meh bundle is meh. Lemme check the games....

And then I was like: Oh shit The Real Texas! Now I remember this game! buy buy buy buy buy buy.....

Kinyou

Is Jurassic Park worth the 7,50€?

I know that the gameplay is rather terrible but maybe the story and characers are fun?

If anybody has $2.50 laying around, it is a great "fuck around" game.

goblin_funnsuyj.gif
Also brought us this gem of a video

Dr Dogg

Is Dunwall City Trials worth it?

Edit: Sod it bought it anyway. Seams to be some interesting challenge modes and I thoroughly enjoyed the gameplay. £1.74 is cheap enough for me. Seams to be meaty enough at 1.1gb as well

Tomodachi

Pretty much. Especially since it's not nearly as "open-minded" as the earlier games apparently were. It wants things done a certain way. So eventually you just cave and it becomes workmanlike.

Sounds exactly like the original DS version. Glad I didn't even bother to add it to my wishlist.

Edit: oh, I just noticed I didn't read your post carefully enough. No, the earlier games were definitely not open-minded at all, they just were hyped that way. Most overhyped-for-no-reason series ever, if you ask me.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Sounds exactly like the original DS version. Glad I didn't even bother to add it to my wishlist.

Edit: oh, I just noticed I didn't read your post carefully enough. No, the earlier games were definitely not open-minded at all, they just were hyped that way. Most overhyped-for-no-reason series ever, if you ask me.

I played the original DS version and Unlimited: while unlimited certainly gives you more options, they both basically devolve to the same kind of problem solving. Being able to type "yellow gun" is really neat, but when the answer they're looking for is "gun" it doesn't matter.

Derrick01

Banned
Figured Dishonored would go on sale sometime before the new DLC came out and thankfully the first DLC did too so I grabbed that. Hopefully it's decent.

I just finished Hitman: Blood Money. It was awesome.

Why didn't I buy Absolution the last week? :(

Because you subconsciously knew that it was terrible and a disgrace to Blood Money's name.

The Blood Dragon talk reminds me that I was sad about no PC version of Flashback HD but since it's published by Ubi it wouldn't change a thing for me anyway.

The Blood Dragon talk reminds me that I'm sad that Double Dragon Neon didn't get a PC release. The gameplay wasn't life-changing but the humour was enjoyable from start to glorious finish.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Cant decide whether to get dishonored now or wait until july

I assume a GMG 50% discount + 20% discount code offer (effectively a 60% discount) can't be far off, and I wouldn't expect it to more than 66% off during the Summer Sale.

Varg

Banned
Dungeonland and the DLC are half off over at GamersGate ($5 and $1.50 respectively).

Games a steaming pile of garbage. p2p servers with immense lag, bugs and glitches up the ass, and an overall tiny community due to it. The only regret I ever had from my purchases on pc. I was so pissed that I emailed steam support to take it off my account. Didn't even want to look at the fucker. You have been warned.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
New bundle at Indie Royale: The Spring Bundle. Only two Steam games, but this gave me a good reason to upvote Knytt and Texas.

http://www.indieroyale.com/

• Knytt Underground for: windows, mac, desura
  • The Real Texas for: windows, mac, linux, desura
  • Monday Night Combat for: steam (pc)
  • SATAZIUS for: steam (pc), windows, desura
  • Gentrieve 2 for: windows, mac, linux, desura
I don't know any of those games. Anything I should know about them?

I just finished Hitman: Blood Money. It was awesome.

Why didn't I buy Absolution the last week? :(
Because you already owned the better game.

JaseC

Games a steaming pile of garbage. p2p servers with immense lag, bugs and glitches up the ass, and an overall tiny community due to it. The only regret I ever had from my purchases on pc. I was so pissed that I emailed steam support to take it off my account. Didn't even want to look at the fucker. You have been warned.

Too late, but just as well that I don't intend to play it!

JaseC

From what I've seen from the steam threads, you are the grand master at collecting so I doubt it would bother you :D. I bow to your greatness.

There are a few SteamGAFers with more games than myself, but playing catch-up is half the fun.

JaseC

I wish Farm Sim 2011 were on sale. I hate it when franchise entries are split among different publishers.

Dr Dogg

I don't know any of those games. Anything I should know about them?

Been playing Knytt Underground on my Vita on the way to work the past few weeks and is quite a charming Metroidvania/Pathfinding game. Plus I love a good explorathon.

Monday Night Combat had a F2P sequel artistically titled Super Monday Night Combat (what is this? The 90's?). It's a Third Person MOBA come classed based shooter. Might be a bit dead by now though.

Haven't heard of the others bit I'm sure someone will chime in.

Exile550

Sleeping Dogs - $7.99 at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007VFH3BQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I still need to sit down with this game and spend a few hours with it...but since I recently purchased Borderlands 2, I've been investing all my time into that.

Oh snap, I've been waiting for a good deal on this game.

Edit: I've been reading comments on the amazon page, can anyone confirm if the mouse and keyboard mapping issues have been fixed? I can't stand games where I can't map my controls as I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom