• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

My three copies of Football Manager are now on their way. Also, I stumbled upon the small area in BioInf that perfectly demonstrates how ridiculously short the LOD cut-off point is even at max settings:

bioinflodz9xdv.gif

hey I literally did this first

Deepo

Hello GAF! I just got a new job today, and to celebrate, I'm giving away a key for XCOM to the first person who quote this post!

Can anyone recommend that game? Price seems a little steep for a game that came out a while ago.

I'm sure a ton of people will recommend it, but I agree that $30 is too still too much.

It's like $20 if you get a friend in the UK to gift it to you, personally I think I'm going to hold off, I need to go cheaper.

Bethesda should learn how to do price drops like Square Enix.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Been playing Knytt Underground on my Vita on the way to work the past few weeks and is quite a charming Metroidvania/Pathfinding game. Plus I love a good explorathon.

Monday Night Combat had a F2P sequel artistry titles Super Monday Night Combat (what is this? The 90's?). It's a Third Person MOBA come classed based shooter. Might be a bit dead by now though.

Haven't heard of the others bit I'm sure someone will chime in.
Looks like I'll pass, then. Thanks!

Just read the Sleeping Dogs deal was a price mistake :( Price has been fixed.
Meh, Steam's mistake was better.

Looks like I'll pass, then. Thanks!

Meh, Steam's mistake was better.

Awww, no, why am I reading this late!

Satazius is the first game localized by Nyu Media (I'm Nyu Media's MEC), it's a japanese STG (shmup) by circle Astro Port (a group of veterans of another time, focused on releasing games that are usually more about big robots and ships, in fact they have one called Gigantic Army which is inspired by the Valken series). Satazius is kind of a tribute to Gradius/Darius with some nice touches although it might be on the unforgiving side for some people. The motto of the devs for this game was "Are you prepared to die?" and, yes, it came before Dark Souls :p

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Awww, no, why am I reading this late!

Satazius is the first game localized by Nyu Media (I'm Nyu Media's MEC), it's a japanese STG (shmup) by circle Astro Port (a group of veterans of another time, focused on releasing games that are usually more about big robots and ships, in fact they have one called Gigantic Army which is inspired by the Valken series). Satazius is kind of a tribute to Gradius/Darius with some nice touches although it might be on the unforgiving side for some people. The motto of the devs for this game was "Are you prepared to die?" and, yes, it came before Dark Souls :p
I'm not a fan of unforgiving games, lol. I dropped Dark Souls after the second boss (and I had to ask here for tips on how to defeat him).

I'll check some gameplay videos, but I tend to get frustrated easily when a game is too complicated.

Mogwai

Damn you, Steam. I just bought ME yesterday, and now both Limbo and Dishonored is on sale. I definitely need to get Limbo now, but I don't know about Dishonored. I got through the Xbox version at release and perhaps I'd be wiser to wait until it drops below the 25€ tag...

Nillansan

New bundle at Indie Royale: The Spring Bundle.

http://www.indieroyale.com/

• Knytt Underground for: windows, mac, desura
  • The Real Texas for: windows, mac, linux, desura
  • Monday Night Combat for: steam (pc)
  • SATAZIUS for: steam (pc), windows, desura
  • Gentrieve 2 for: windows, mac, linux, desura

Monday Night Combat was awesome, but I think the community is pretty much dead.

There are still a few people playing Super Monday Night Combat though.

I'm not a fan of unforgiving games, lol. I dropped Dark Souls after the second boss (and I had to ask here for tips on how to defeat him).

I'll check some gameplay videos, but I tend to get frustrated easily when a game is too complicated.

Tune it down to Easy. This one IS easy on Easy ;) Normal steps it up a bit but it's doable. The meat for the hardcore/crazy is on Insane, which only gets unlocked after clearing normal and hard.

Terraria to the first person.

Edit: Terraria is gone.

I was gifted Poker Night 2, do I not get the extra copy of Poker Night 1 with that?

Anna- Extended Edtion is up on steam. Excited to check it out tonight after I get back from the Evil Dead(please be good!) Game always looked interesting but got some poor reviews so hopefully this re-release/overhaul makes the game worth playing and fixes some of the complaints raised.

Smash88

Banned
Alright. I have a really crazy question.

Can I ask Steam Support to remove some games from my library?

I have over 15 games I want to remove from my library, either regrets, part of indie bundles, or plain garbage.

ShaneB

I have over 15 games I want to remove from my library, either regrets, part of indie bundles, or plain garbage?

Nah, just start a new account.

Sini

I have over 15 games I want to remove from my library, either regrets, part of indie bundles, or plain garbage.
It is possible, few people from here have done that before.

You should just start a brand new account.

You can ask but they most likely won't remove one, let alone 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom