• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Can someone explain the appeal of Warframe to me? I played it for a while with a buddy and it seemed so average. You start a co-op mission, kill enemies along the way as you follow checkpoint markers, press buttons to complete objectives and that's it. The combat/enemies and mission design was just average. I didn't understand the F2P hook they have and I have no idea why it's getting so popular.

Its F2P
The moment to moment gameplay is fluid, fast-paced, and pretty solid
Loot and get XP
Its F2P

I'm about to go pick up a blue snowball mic off of craigslist for cheap.
Excellent mic. It's such a great all purpose USB microphone, that yields great sound. I use it for music recording, voice recording, and for voice chat in games, all of which sound great.

Great choice, and pretty inexpensive.

Microphones.

Blizzard

Banned
Gnomoria graphics remind me of old Sim City (2000?). I'm tempted -- Dwarf Fortress but easier to figure out sounds like it could be decent.

For all the time you guys were talking about what steamworks is, you could have gone to the developer page that describes its functionalities.

https://partner.steamgames.com/documentation/
Super delayed reply since I had like 5000 posts to catch up on in this thread: archive.org doesn't have any record of that page earlier than May. I could be wrong, but are you sure it wasn't only made public recently? They only opened up non-greenlit developer access to Steamworks recently.

Angry Fork

Any idea when the next big set of sales will happen? I don't remember when they typically happen during the year. Finally fixed my PC and have been wanting to play Bioshock Infinite for so long but I've already waited this much I might as well wait a bit longer. When do you guys think Infinite will get one?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Any idea when the next big set of sales will happen? I don't remember when they typicall happen during the year. Finally fixed my PC and have been wanting to play Bioshock Infinite for so long but I've already waited this much I might as well wait a bit longer. When do you guys think Infinite will get one?

Steam's own Summer Sale will begin somewhere between late June and late July. Amazon will likely have its own sale around this time, too.

Edit: GameFly was selling BioInf for $28 last week. Pity you missed it!

Grief.exe

Nice mic, we use them at work.

Excellent mic. It's such a great all purpose USB microphone, that yields great sound. I use it for music recording, voice recording, and for voice chat in games, all of which sound great.

Great choice, and pretty inexpensive.

Microphones.

The Blue Snowball is working out great so far.

I picked it up because I found it cheap on Craigslist, $25, and because I'm going to be uploading some DayZ Standalone gameplay when it comes out.

jediyoshi

Too lazy to new thread

"Dota 2 will be formally released later this summer, prior to the International tournament in August"
July 2013 PC Gamer

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Man the prices of foils really crashed.

The price of all cards are crashing. At this point even if you want to keep the cards you may as well sell them immediately upon getting them and then just buy them again later at less than half the price you sold them for. And of course, little by little, Valve makes an absolute fortune.

Tomodachi

Prices for cards on average are marginally but definitely increasing. Just sold one from TBP for 0,50€, didn't even have to undercut the two lowest offers.

On a related note, 4 hours and only 3 cards dropped on ARES. They might have overdone it a little :p

On a related note, 4 hours and only 3 cards dropped on ARES. They might have overdone it a little :p

Not sure if I'm reading this right, but... There are only 3 drops for ARES, you won't get more cards.

If what you're saying is that it took 4 hours to get the third one, then I'm not sure why would that happen. I got mine yesterday in less than 2 hours, probably closer to one and a half.

Tomodachi

Not sure if I'm reading this right, but... There are only 3 drops for ARES, you won't get more cards.

If what you're saying is that it took 4 hours to get the third one, then I'm not sure why would that happen. I got mine yesterday in less than 2 hours, probably closer to one and a half.

Yeah I worded it very badly, I meant 4 hours to get the third card. I'm guessing something glitched out then, or that they've implemented a random drop system that has little to do with time and I'm just unlucky. However I noticed longer drop times for the other games in the latest batch too: 4 hours to drop all the cards from TBP, and I still have to drop the last card from Trine 2 after 2.2 hours. Weird stuff.

Right now I'm wondering whether they have implemented a system that won't let you drop cards if you have more than one game open... I did that for the first 2 hours, then gave up and started one game at a time. Didn't have any problems of this kind with the games from the previous batches.

allansm

Right now I'm wondering whether they have implemented a system that won't let you drop cards if you have more than one game open... I did that for the first 2 hours, then gave up and started one game at a time. Didn't have any problems of this kind with the games from the previous batches.

Yesterday when I had three games open I waited for about two hours after the first card dropped in each game and nothing. As soon as I had only one game open cards would drop at the normal rate of one each 20-30 minutes. It might just be a coincidence, but I wouldn't doubt they implemented some system.

HoosTrax

It's really odd that I get such poor framerates in Trine 1 and 2, of all things. I can get close to 144fps in most UE3 engine games, but those two games just chug like mad.

FloatOn

go to the store page right now for laughs. it's showing new releases as games from 2009.

the top seller? Evil Genius.

summer seal incoming?

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
yup

wayback0oqr5.png

Tomodachi

Yesterday when I had three games open I waited for about two hours after the first card dropped in each game and nothing. As soon as I had only one game open cards would drop at the normal rate of one each 20-30 minutes. It might just be a coincidence, but I wouldn't doubt they implemented some system.
Pretty much the same happened to me, I think steam somehow stops dropping cards when you open more than one (or two?) games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom