• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you start the Trine 2 DLC if you've already beaten the base game? I can't seem to find any menu option for it.

someone can correct me. but i think if you start 'single player' and scroll to the bottom, there will be a few more missions. Something like "The Heroes Return"?

Also 3 weeks till 4th of july.. would be good time for a sale right?

You guys gotta keep bringing up my wedding weekend, don't you?

dani_dc

yup. prices started around $20 on tuesday for mine and now we are down to 5.75 and no one is biting.

edit : oh shit...someone just bit for $5.00. suckas

Prices really went down since the "Level 10" limit stopped existing, it's pretty baffling seeing everyone trying to undercut each other for +$1 and the card dropping in value over 50% in the space of a few hours.

And obviously not many cards are sold while the prices are crashing which just results in the same people to keep undercutting each other further more.

Fiery Omen (the foil card I have) went from selling decently at a decent pace at 9.5 euros directly to half the price in slightly over a day and then to half of that in the day after.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think the 3DS has claimed its first victim:

Animal Crossing thread (12 days old):
salsa1v5a1p.jpg

Steam thread (going on 2.5 months old):
salsa28kl08.jpg

And he has only posted once in past three days. RIP SalsaShark Lovely Salsa. :(

Prices really went down since the "Level 10" limit stopped existing, it's pretty baffling seeing everyone trying to undercut each other for +$1 and the card dropping in value over 50% in the space of a few hours.

And obviously not many cards are sold while the prices are crashing which just results in the same people to keep undercutting each other further more.

Fiery Omen (the foil card I have) went from selling decently at a decent pace at 9.5 euros directly to half the price in slightly over a day and then to half of that in the day after.

The foils I have are rare but the sales history is virtually non-existent, so I'm beginning to think people are just waiting around for the prices to drop. As I said to spin just before, if they don't sell overnight, I'll reduce the prices on my competitive foils and just try my luck with my (currently) unique Defender's Quest foil. Trust my luck to kick in when trepidation is palpable.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

salsa1v5a1p.jpg

salsa28kl08.jpg

And he has only posted once in past three days. RIP SalsaSharl Lovely Salsa. :(

Giving him a little flack, he tends to post a lot more than he should. It's easy to spam a thread sometimes while bringing some photoshops. Not that I don't get an occasional chuckle at his posts.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Giving him a little flack, he tends to post a lot more than he should. It's easy to spam a thread sometimes while bringing some photoshops. Not that I don't get an occasional chuckle at his posts.

I was being facetious. ;) It dawned on me that he hadn't posted in this thread in a little while and I was surprised to see that in less than two weeks he's almost at the same post count he has here.

Edit: Oops, I misread "Giving him a little flack" as "Give him a little slack", haha. Carry on. :p

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

salsa1v5a1p.jpg

salsa28kl08.jpg

And he has only posted once in past three days. RIP SalsaSharl Lovely Salsa. :(

The foils I have are rare but the sales history is virtually non-existent, so I'm beginning to think people are just waiting around for the prices to drop. As I said to spin just before, if they don't sell overnight, I'll reduce the prices on my competitive foils and just try my luck with my (currently) unique Defender's Quest foil. Trust my luck to kick in when trepidation is palpable.

Shit. I'm out of the top 5? Better start treating this thread like a LiveJournal.

Is it worth waiting 2-3 weeks to save 2 dollars?

That's like 4 cards, man. So....yup.

[IMG]

[I]And[/I] he has only posted once in past three days. RIP [s]SalsaShark[/s] Lovely Salsa. :([/QUOTE]

Stupid GAF question...but where exactly do you find this 'who posted?' info?

morningbus

Is it Farmville or Animal Crossing:

khhwotj.jpg

Learn the 3 easy, sneaky secrets that they don't want you to know about by clicking here.

Blizzard

Banned
It's really odd that I get such poor framerates in Trine 1 and 2, of all things. I can get close to 144fps in most UE3 engine games, but those two games just chug like mad.
You learn something every day. Apparently I managed to go all this time without knowing the Trine games were UE3. I figure most 2.5d platformers would go with Unity or something instead.

Blizzard

Banned
....they aren't.

It's their own engine.
That would make more sense then. I misinterpreted Hoostrax's post as saying that since other UE3 games ran fine, Trine should run fine too. :p

I seem to recall one of the Trine demos having stutter for me but presumably it could have just been my PC.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
That would make more sense then. I misinterpreted Hoostrax's post as saying that since other UE3 games ran fine, Trine should run fine too. :p

I seem to recall one of the Trine demos having stutter for me but presumably it could have just been my PC.

No I learned from Neogaf that 99% of PC games stutter constantly, but most people can't see it. And console games never stutter.

morningbus

What about judder? Judder makes me incapable of maintaining erection during regular sexual intercourse.

morningbus

I'm probably gonna dig into the Mars: War Logs game that came in one of those Amazon indie bundles.

Nice. I'm looking forward to hearing what you think. I can totally appreciate a B-tier game with some flaws, which what its surprisingly negative reviews have lead me to believe it is.

FloatOn

I'm probably gonna dig into the Mars: War Logs game that came in one of those Amazon indie bundles.

I was somewhat interested in that. Let me know how that goes.

I'll probably be finishing Tomb Raider and starting Metro Last Light. With a healthy dash of Dark Souls. I have the co op mod working and I'm playing the game entirely with the friend of my choosing and it's a splendid time.

Yo Stallion, why are we not friends on steam yet? is it because I was saying rayman was better than trine the other day?

HoosTrax

....they aren't.

It's their own engine.
I don't know why I thought it was UE3. I blame Unmechanical for making them think all physics 2.5D platformers are UE3. Although that's not really fair either, since that game runs like a dream -- 144fps steady.

Anyways, been googling and it sounds like I should just disable AA in Trine.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Same here, the Steam Store's doing all kinds of weird stuff. Pretty slow, too.
I like how it say's "Just released, Wallace & Grommit: 18,99" for a game I paid 80 cents for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom