• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Nice nice, I was worried all these late ports were gonna get shoved into July/August. Hopefully they go for the 15$ price point rather than 20$ and throw in a pre-order discount.

Is it smart to release both on the same day as separate purchases?

I just assumed it was going to be a single entry release rather than separate. They are late ports after all.

Tomodachi

so what's everyone playing this weekend?

my wife is out of town so it's party town in my house.

Gonna try finishing Tomb Raider (why Crystal Dynamics, why) on PC and probably make some progress with Deadly Premonition (the only true survival horror of this gen, I'm loving it) on PS3.

I finished my thesis and gave the draft to my professor for correction so I'm twiddling my thumbs at home this weekend. Gaming time!

ShaneB

fine.

More Civ V I do believe since I'm getting so excited for BNW (Which does have the backlash of making me feel like I'm playing the wrong game now, but ah well), and maybe I'll dive back into Tomb Raider after not playing for like 2 weeks. And now listening to PC Gamer UK podcast I kinda have an urge to replay Arkham City.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like I'll be buying the Operation Flashpoint pack (Dragon Rising and Red River) from GamersGate. For 5 bucks I can't say no.

What are these games? I remember getting them through PS+ a long time ago

You drive a motorcycle along a fixed path and try to achieve certain goals, most are about collecting stuff. Stars, letters, stuff like that. I enjoyed Trials much more than those, but these developers have put in so much work in the PC conversion that I might give them another look now.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
fine.

well, I just finished Alice: Madness Returns, so I may go on to something else. Don't think I'll do a new game + on it, though the game was pretty solid. Will most likely be getting some Dota and Star Trek in, though I should also probably get back to something in my backlog that I can actually finish.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Like Trials but not crappy and with an actual personality.

I think.

Yeah, it's basically Trials: Arcade Edition. The goal is to reach the end of the level as quickly as possible while completing certain objectives (collecting coins/stars, spelling "Danger", endlessly performing tricks, etc.), but no attention is paid to accurate physics. I had fun with it on the PS3; it was actually the last PSN game I bought.

They actually improved the PC performance quite a bit.The demo ran perfect for me and several other people I spoke to after the atrocity they launched with.

Surprising but good to hear. I guess after Future Soldier I just don't expect Ubi to update their PC games anymore.

Sadly this doesn't fix the other issue I have with the game, uPlay.

Grief.exe

Shit. I'm out of the top 5? Better start treating this thread like a LiveJournal.

You need to step your game up, I was even banned for a month.

pretty much nintendo's farmville right?

Yeah, it's their copycat of Farmville.

Except Animal Crossing came out well before Farmville.

More Civ V I do believe since I'm getting so excited for BNW (Which does have the backlash of making me feel like I'm playing the wrong game now, but ah well), and maybe I'll dive back into Tomb Raider after not playing for like 2 weeks. And now listening to PC Gamer UK podcast I kinda have an urge to replay Arkham City.

I'm waiting on a potential GFWL/Securom removal patch

A Grief can dream.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Last of Us makes me want to get a PS3.

The funny thing is I've already picked up a few key PS3 titles off of Craigslist for when I pick one up.
Me too. Sadly I don't have an LCD TV on the living room, and my backlog is really big as is. I shouldn't add more games to it.

Grief.exe

Me too. Sadly I don't have an LCD TV on the living room, and my backlog is really big as is. I shouldn't add more games to it.

Does your computer monitor have HDMI?

That says a lot more about you than me, man.

hey, hey, hey, watch your self

iKw3gZ3I8tvLE.gif

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The price of all cards are crashing. At this point even if you want to keep the cards you may as well sell them immediately upon getting them and then just buy them again later at less than half the price you sold them for. And of course, little by little, Valve makes an absolute fortune.
I still want to punch myself for not doing that with the Runner 2 cards :/

Does your computer monitor have HDMI?
Nope, not even DVI. VGA only.

Blizzard

Banned
Looks like I'll be buying the Operation Flashpoint pack (Dragon Rising and Red River) from GamersGate. For 5 bucks I can't say no.
I only played some of Dragon Rising, but I recall it being bland graphically, difficult to play, and somewhere between boring and frustrating even with a friend on voicechat.

If you like detail-oriented ARMA style games then you might like it, but it wasn't something I found very memorable.

prudislav

even 5 bucks is too much for this codies crap.Is disgrace to original OpF from Bohemia Interactive St., glad that original got rebranded as ARMA: CWC thx to BIS

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I think the 3DS has claimed its first victim:

Animal Crossing thread (12 days old):
salsa1v5a1p.jpg

Steam thread (going on 2.5 months old):
salsa28kl08.jpg

And he has only posted once in past three days. RIP SalsaShark Lovely Salsa. :(
Hey, when did Stallion pass me? I was second at some point, wasn't I?

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
i just finished the walking dead, got it with the humble bundle two weeks ago...

i'm sad now... *gets watery eyes*

but it was kind of amazing, more like an interactive story without much real gameplay but real fun...

and way better than the TV show... can't wait for the DLC they announced during E3

FloatOn

i just finished the walking dead, got it with the humble bundle two weeks ago...

i'm sad now... *gets watery eyes*

but it was kind of amazing, more like an interactive story without much real gameplay but real fun...

and way better then the TV show... can't wait for the DLC they announced during E3

see, I really wish that telltale would make another walking dead where they had more of those moments where you had to aim and shoot or do something else that resembled actual gameplay.

but you know, more fleshed out and better. would be the best story driven zombie game on the market.

Grief.exe

see, I really wish that telltale would make another walking dead where they had more of those moments where you had to aim and shoot or do something else that resembled actual gameplay.

but you know, more fleshed out and better. would be the best story driven zombie game on the market.

Sounds kind of like Mass Effect lol

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I only played some of Dragon Rising, but I recall it being bland graphically, difficult to play, and somewhere between boring and frustrating even with a friend on voicechat.

If you like detail-oriented ARMA style games then you might like it, but it wasn't something I found very memorable.
even 5 bucks is too much for this codies crap.Is disgrace to original OpF from Bohemia Interactive St., glad that original got rebranded as ARMA: CWC thx to BIS
Shiet. I loved the OG Op. Flashpoint back then, even though it was very hard. I just want them because of their titles, but if they're not good then I may skip them.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

either that or they should ditch the "action" sequences altogether and only dialog and decision making let guide the story

both would be fine with me

Sounds kind of like Mass Effect lol

heh, it really does

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, you were.

But then you bought a 3DS. :(

Edit: Today's Daily is 50% off the Strike Suit franchise.
I'm sorry Jase, I failed you. And more important, I failed Saoirse.

I'll get the Strike Suit Zero Mega Bundle once it's 75% off. It's funny how I can pay up to $42 for a 3DS game, but I completely refuse to fork over half that amount for a PC game (or games). Guess that's both the blessing and curse of Steam (and Amazon and GMG) sales.

By the way, yesterday I paid $44 for Apollo Justice. My first DS game ever.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

I'll get the Strike Suit Zero Mega Bundle once it's 75% off. It's funny how I can pay up to $42 for a 3DS game, but I completely refuse to fork over half that amount for a PC game (or games). Guess that's both the blessing and curse of Steam (and Amazon and GMG) sales.

i'm assuming you played Ace Attorney 1-3 on iOS?

Baha

Strike Suit Zero is in like 3 Amazon indie bundles atm for $10 (5 games per bundle).

Grief.exe

I always pick up 3DS/DS/GBA games cheaply on Craigslist.

I don't mind waiting since all of those platforms have massive libraries. I'm still working on the GBA's library. Or going in on sales, I got OOT 3D, Fire Emblem Awakening, and Harvest Moon for $20 each at Best Buy through a sale.

I'm actually having the most trouble finding good DS games on Craigslist. Most of the entries I find are complete shovel ware.

I've also been picking up SNES and PS3 games on Craigslist as well.

FloatOn

hey I missed the boat on this unepic game. I'm looking for impressions.

symphony of the night is one of my favorite games. will this one scratch that itch?

Addnan

Wow, people are actually paying that much to get early access to Planetary Annihilation. People know the price is going to go down once its in beta right..

MNC

kabouter means gnome

Was just talking about that to a friend. If you know there is less value, you just won't shell out as much cash.

Also: €40 for a 3DS game? Too much. €40 for a PS3 game? Heck yeah what a sale!

I have a problem with paying 100% of the asking price of games :p

Grief.exe

How exactly do you play Witcher 1? The battle system makes no fucking sense to me.

I just keep seeing a hula hoop except with a sword.

3 Styles, 2 weapons.

Stong - Big, burly opponents
Fast - Light, agile opponents
Group - Multiple, insert adjective, opponents

Silver Sword - Monsters
Regular Sword - Men

nexen

3 Styles, 2 weapons.

Stong - Big, burly opponents
Fast - Light, agile opponents
Group - Multiple, insert adjective, opponents

Silver Sword - Monsters
Regular Sword - Men

Also there is a timing minigame in the combat. You have to click the button when the icon is lit. I don't remember the details.

HoosTrax

Oh you guys. Now I'm probably going to have to try to get back into the Witcher. Didn't really click with me the first time, but then again, RPGs without the ability to customize your character rarely do with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom