• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'd have known this was going to happen before I bought it, I never would have bought Witcher 2.

S2acq9s.jpg
Its like this in my Library too and its seriously annoying >.<

Grief.exe

Oh right. :( Thanks for the reminder. lol

Just wishful speculation on my part, to be honest, it will probably never happen.

But Arkham Asylum and Bioshock 2 Steam achievements, coupled with the June date of Halo 2 alternative servers. Something should be happening soon.

Know what exactly?

Its a running joke that games don't order correctly in Steam.

Witcher 1 is after Witcher 2 in that picture.

ShaneB

Just wishful speculation on my part, to be honest, it will probably never happen.

But Arkham Asylum and Bioshock 2 Steam achievements, coupled with the June date of Halo 2 alternative servers. Something should be happening soon.

Oh I know, I meant thanks for the reminder that I'd have to deal with GFWL :p

Blizzard

Banned
A helpful tip for finding specific games: Type part of the name into the search box in the top left and it will filter down to a group of games. That should help even if some are ordered strangely.

I usually just keep a group of about 9 games installed and leave the installed grid view up front. Then I rotate out a game when I'm done with it and choose another from the general library to replace it.

This way I finish the games I want to without putting pressure on a particular game.

Games stay fun this way.

Zia

Had this weird moment, a turning point in my life really, earlier when I decided to buy and flip on the Steam Market while I listened to a podcast. Forty minutes later the podcast ended, I was two Steam Bux richer and I don't even know who I am anymore.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I almost bought ss0 for the cards.

shit mang I have a problem
I'm considering it. I doubt I'd make my money back, but it'd end up being a dollar or two less for the game.

This Trading Card shit is so smart. Developers sell more copies, consumers pay less after recouping some of the cost by selling cards, and Valve takes a cut of everything sold on their market.

Had this weird moment, a turning point in my life really, earlier when I decided to buy and flip on the Steam Market while I listened to a podcast. Forty minutes later the podcast ended, I was two Steam Bux richer and I don't even know who I am anymore.

Everything comes to those who hustle while they wait.

zkylon

zkylewd
ss0? Oh, Strike Suit Zero. But that doesn't have cards, has it? Strike Suit Infinity is the one you want.
oh, really?

$3.5 is decent, how bad is it?

I'm considering it. I doubt I'd make my money back, but it'd end up being a dollar or two less for the game.

This Trading Card shit is so smart. Developers sell more copies, consumers pay less after recouping some of the cost by selling cards, and Valve takes a cut of everything sold on their market.
more like devious

if they made getting cards a matter of playing the games, getting achievements and having fun instead of money I'd say nice things about valve, but being able to sell them just removed all the fun for me

derExperte

Just for clarification, it's infinity that has cards not zero

Also Zero is in a lot of those amazon.com indie bundles for 9,99$ if anyone wants that.... huh, some of the CAG bundles that started yesterday aren't available anymore, the one with Mars: War Logs for example. Must have been a huge success.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
more like devious

if they made getting cards a matter of playing the games, getting achievements and having fun instead of money I'd say nice things about valve, but being able to sell them just removed all the fun for me
Yeah, Hopefully idling won't be the way to get cards in the future but who knows.

For anyone but OCD completionists, this is just free money for owning certain games. I'll make some badges for games I actually enjoyed - but I'm in no rush to show people I play Cubemen 2 by crafting a badge for it

Blizzard

Banned
oh, really?

$3.5 is decent, how bad is it?

more like devious

See, you're missing the ultimate step -- you have to take the money you traded for, and then trade the money for fun.

It's like an RPG fetch quest where fun is the final item.
Planetary Annihilation is 3rd on the top sellers list...
With its price, they can end up high on the list selling fewer copies than other games. But, there may still be a lot of people wanting early access, who knows.

90 bucks is shit load of money, thats enough to pay my water+Electrity bill for a month.

Does anybody else have a shit load of trading cards? The steam trading forum is useless for getting the cards you want, I guess I'm going to end up with 30 cards and only 1 badge.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
i'm assuming you played Ace Attorney 1-3 on iOS?
On WiiWare, and I loved them. Well, Justice For All wasn't as good as the others, but that final case more than made up for it, and it's probably the best case of that trilogy.

Is it wrong if I'm thinking of buying their DS versions now? And I need Miles Edgeworth too.

Strike Suit Zero is in like 3 Amazon indie bundles atm for $10 (5 games per bundle).
Yeah, but I'd like the whole franchise pack, plus Infinite.

I always pick up 3DS/DS/GBA games cheaply on Craigslist.

I don't mind waiting since all of those platforms have massive libraries. I'm still working on the GBA's library. Or going in on sales, I got OOT 3D, Fire Emblem Awakening, and Harvest Moon for $20 each at Best Buy through a sale.

I'm actually having the most trouble finding good DS games on Craigslist. Most of the entries I find are complete shovel ware.

I've also been picking up SNES and PS3 games on Craigslist as well.
I doubt people on Craigslist would ship to Argentina, lol

Besides, I don't like buying used stuff. Don't know why, but opening the seal feels great (even if I hate having to do so). I also buy my 3DS games from the eShop, since it's way cheaper than local retail (had to pay close to 50 bucks for Kingdom Hearts 3D).

It's fantastic to discover old games, more so when they are good and you end up enjoying them a lot (Deus Ex is my LTTP GOTY).

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
kabouter means gnome
Was just talking about that to a friend. If you know there is less value, you just won't shell out as much cash.

Also: &#8364;40 for a 3DS game? Too much. &#8364;40 for a PS3 game? Heck yeah what a sale!

I have a problem with paying 100% of the asking price of games :p
I have a problem with that too, but living in a third world country there's no other way, unless I can get someone to bring me the game from another country (won't risk importing it from an online shop).

Its a running joke that games don't order correctly in Steam.

Witcher 1 is after Witcher 2 in that picture.
Not a joke, it's a serious matter. Wars have been fought in the past for less than that. The Hitmen and Serious Sem games are guilty of this, Bit.Trips are too, Sam & Max's have their seasons in apparently random order (and don't have a consistent title), and the Monkey Island remakes...

UGGH, the Monkey Island remakes. WHY THE FUCK AREN'T THEY TOGETHER?!?!?!?

zkylon

zkylewd
See, you're missing the ultimate step -- you have to take the money you traded for, and then trade the money for fun.

It's like an RPG fetch quest where fun is the final item.

having a trading card game where money wasn't involved and collecting in itself was fun would've been better

I don't mind the free monies but it feels like a cynical system to me

also for reals guys, whats the difference between strike suit zero and infinity?

cicero

The foils I have are rare but the sales history is virtually non-existent, so I'm beginning to think people are just waiting around for the prices to drop. As I said to spin just before, if they don't sell overnight, I'll reduce the prices on my competitive foils and just try my luck with my (currently) unique Defender's Quest foil. Trust my luck to kick in when trepidation is palpable.

Not to pry too much, but how many foils have you had drop?? I am at probably 55+ cards with no foils. I bought my friend triple town and he immediately gets a foil. :|

90 bucks is shit load of money, thats enough to pay my water+Electrity bill for a month.

Does anybody else have a shit load of trading cards? The steam trading forum is useless for getting the cards you want, I guess I'm going to end up with 30 cards and only 1 badge.

you're doing it wrong. I expect the prices to tank as soon as this opens up completely. Best bet now is to sell cards immediately and then you can buy them back when things open up...for a hellava lot cheaper.

having a trading card game where money wasn't involved and collecting in itself was fun would've been better

I don't mind the free monies but it feels like a cynical system to me

also for reals guys, whats the difference between strike suit zero and infinity?

but Gaben can't make money if money isn't involved. I can't imagine the insanity after this opens up. Although, who knows how long that will actually be.

KingKong

of course it's a cynical system but the thing about it is that if you dont care about badges, you can get like 10 steam bucks a week with very little effort

HoosTrax

There's a controller icon next to one of my friends on the friends list. Does it mean he's in the big picture mode?
controller icon = person is using BPM
phone icon = person is using Steam mobile
globe icon = person is using the web interface (this one is not very reliable for IMing the person since it doesn't give popup notifications of new messages)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Everyone says the Strike Suit Zero story sucks ass, so is it, even aside from cards, better to get Strike Suit Infinity?

Edit: Nevermind, I'm just getting it.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
controller icon = person is using BPM
phone icon = person is using Steam mobile
globe icon = person is using the web interface (this one is not very reliable for IMing the person since it doesn't give popup notifications of new messages)

And when you see a potato it means the person is idling.

cicero

The price of all cards are crashing. At this point even if you want to keep the cards you may as well sell them immediately upon getting them and then just buy them again later at less than half the price you sold them for. And of course, little by little, Valve makes an absolute fortune.
This actually isn't entirely true, some games, like FTL, have cards that are actually going up in price as more people are buying to craft badges and the pool of available cards for sale starts to decrease.

fine.

so what's everyone playing this weekend?

my wife is out of town so it's party town in my house.
A little L4D2, a little CS:GO, a whole lot of FTL, and I probably will finally start XCOM: EU.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
You can only get 10 gabens a week if you own a fuckton of steam games already. I got up to $16.54 from all the cards I could get.

and I probably will finally start XCOM: EU.
I also haven't done that yet and don't work much next week. Perhaps I should do that with you.

sprinkles

Beat Dark Souls. Took two weeks of my life from me (and my vacation). But every minute of it was worth it. Since the endless hours spent in PC RPG's during the late 90s (when I should have been studying for my A levels then) I was not INTO a game like this one, it is hard to describe. The 12,50€ spent on this game must have been my best purchase this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom