• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
Just got all my Trine 2 and FTL cards... still no foil since they started doing card stuff. I'm up to around 30$ tho lol...very nice.

cicero

man this amazon deal is insane http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D7OC2N4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

$10 (same price as strike suit zero daily) and you get

Strike Suit Zero
The Cave
Galaxy on Fire 2
Little Inferno
Stealth Bastard
The Maw

and two weird non-steam games that look like crap

If only The CAG Appreciation Bundle was back online... Hopefully it is only down because Strike Suit Zero is a Daily Deal on Steam today.

EDIT: hmm, that would have covered your bundle too then.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Heh.

To anyone in doubt, just get the whole Strike Suit stuff, I freaking loved the game, hell, I was waiting 14 years to get something remotely close to Omega Boost mixed with Macross and a space combat game. Plus it now has mod tools so awesome stuff might pop up sooner or later.
I will once I can get them for $10.

Pachael

Just bought my first game with Trading Card money (Witcher 2) shit's gonna get addictive.

Ditto. This trading card stuff has gotten me addicted particularly to my (unplayed) game collection. Netted some great stuff in the meantime, though I did start with buying cards for the badges and opting into bundles that had games with cards.

Just got all my Trine 2 and FTL cards... still no foil since they started doing card stuff. I'm up to around 30$ tho lol...very nice.

Where is the best place to find people to trade cards with other than buying them from the marketplace? I keep getting duplicate drops for games.

denx

Obvious case of utter stupidity: I just bought Witcher 2 EE. I played it on 360 last summer and just could not get into it. Traded it in after about 4-5 hours of gameplay.

But, I'm a glutton and hey, it's another game in my Steam library that I'll probably never ever
ever
get to!

Remember you can redeem the Steam keys of the Witcher games on GOG for DRM-free versions at no cost.

denx

OK, so I just bought the Pure Time Trial Map Pack DLC for Mirror's Edge from the Origin sale currently going on. I know Pinnacle Station (which is only available from the Origin store) works no problem with a Steam version of Mass Effect, so will the Time Trial DLC work with the Steam version of Mirror's Edge?

zkylon

zkylewd
ok, bought ssinfinity

I liked the music in the giant bomb quicklook, and I'll recoup half of it with cards, I imagine, so I don't feel so bad about it

OK, so I just bought the Pure Time Trial Map Pack DLC for Mirror's Edge from the Origin sale currently going on. I know Pinnacle Station (which is only available from the Origin store) works no problem with a Steam version of Mass Effect, so will the Time Trial DLC work with the Steam version of Mirror's Edge?

It won't, unfortunately.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm so tempted to buy Planetary Annihilation despite the limited alpha features and RTS being my worst genre besides fighting games. Somebody stop me!

I'm so tempted to buy Planetary Annihilation despite the limited alpha features. Somebody stop me!

tumblr_inline_mjvvtwWE7c1qz4rgp.gif

Megasoum

Banned
Where is the best place to find people to trade cards with other than buying them from the marketplace? I keep getting duplicate drops for games.

I'm not really trading.. I just get the maximum of "free" cards I can get from every game and sell them on the steam marketplace... I rarely get more than 60-70 cents per cards but it adds up!

All those he listed.

I'm not really trading.. I just get the maximum of "free" cards I can get from every game and sell them on the steam marketplace... I rarely get more than 60-70 cents per cards but it adds up!

I don't really get this whole trading and Levels thing... All I'd really like is the game showcase feature thingy on my account page, for Farenheit, Prey, Outrun 2006, BLUR, Rayman 2, 007 Bloodstone, Cryostasis, DiRT and other ironic games, jaja.

The trading harkens back to Pokemon Trading cards addictions from the 90's dormant in us, and the Levels are just bars to fill to get you to buy games and spend money for prettying up your account page, I could see some weirdos spending money on the games for cards for badges.

Wow, someone tried to recover password to my Steam account... too bad the recovery mail was sent to me :)

That's like the time someone hacked into my Roosterteeth account, clicked on 'delete account', but the confirmation went to my e-mail.

Moral of the story: never tell people you don't believe in God.

Deques

That's like the time someone hacked into my Roosterteeth account, clicked on 'delete account', but the confirmation went to my e-mail.

Moral of the story: never tell people you don't believe in God.

I believe in the technology, not in God. God didn't create the security around the system :)

Just put all my cards for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom