• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said the b word. Only the terrorists do that.

Okay, so that this post is not entirely off-topic, what is the game you are most excited to buy this summer sale?

Mine is Bioshock Infinite (not through Steam, which we already know won't have the best price, but hopefully someone does 15 euros or less for that game)

I'm looking for a big discount on:

Ys I Chronicles
Spiderman
Dust
Timeshift
and some other titles

Grief.exe

What should be the title of the next thread?

I'm thinking something to do with cards.

Steam Announcements & Updates 2013 III - I'm gonna pop some tags, got 20 cards in my pocket

HoosTrax

Steam Announcements & Updates 2013 III - I'm gonna pop some tags, got 20 cards in my pocket
Steam Thread - Where we idle for trading cards to sell to buy more games to idle in

too long?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

We might as well go "Opa Gaben Style" while we're at it then.

With an SS2 badge, I'd hope for a Vampire Bloodlines and Deus Ex badge. But that's definitely not happening for the former, and incredibly unlikely for the latter.

Grief.exe

For a second when I say warz I though it was dayz. Then I realized dayz standalone isn't out yet and that the warz sucks.

This is a serious problem with the title. People get confused and assume its the standalone release. Not a game that is, arguably, a scam.

They even get a cease and desist letter from the movie World War Z, but I don't think they care to follow up.

KingKong

hmm I don't know if I "get" Strike Suit Zero, I heard a lot of praise for it but it just seems like kind of a decent but super repetitive arcade game. I played up until I got the actual strike suit and it didn't change that much and eh

I just bought TW2. Should I play the first one before the second one?

If you have the time and the patience, yes. The Witcher 1 has a really unique atmosphere, darker and grittier then TW2. The intro part is good, ch 1 a bit slow, but ch2 and ch3 are fantastic. It just takes some time to get used to the combat system.

Vecks

I just bought TW2. Should I play the first one before the second one?

I really didn't like the gameplay of the first. The story kept me going until the swamp, then I just quit. If the story matters to you, I'd say sure. Otherwise, I'd suggest skipping.

The swamp is no problem when you realize you can run from all most all enemies and just fight the ones in the area of the swamp your quest goal is in. :)

ShaneB

I'm waiting until the inevitable remake/mod of Witcher 1 in the Witcher 2 engine before playing them :p Which I guess would include the overhauled combat mechanic coming whenever that is.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Well that's unsettling. Someone's apparently going the distance in trying to jack my steam account and requested steam's help desk change my password. I wonder how they planned on getting past steamguard, then?

KingKong

btw I definitely think Valve did something about dropped cards when having multiple games open. I wasn't getting anything when I had a SAM window open and was playing Dota but with just SAM i'm getting the cards at the regular rate

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well that's unsettling. Someone's apparently going the distance in trying to jack my steam account and requested steam's help desk change my password. I wonder how they planned on getting past steamguard, then?

Change your e-mail password if you want to be on the safe side. Literally the only way somebody could gain access to your Steam account if they had access to your e-mail account.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
If you use Gmail 2-step verification the odds of someone hijacking your Steam account are about as low as they're gonna get for now. I'd recommend that or a similar service for all accounts that are prone to theft.

JaseC

twzw7b1z.jpg

Remote Desktop is being a fickle beast, so allow me to say "cheers, mate". <3

FloatOn

You said the b word. Only the terrorists do that.

Okay, so that this post is not entirely off-topic, what is the game you are most excited to buy this summer sale?

Mine is Bioshock Infinite (not through Steam, which we already know won't have the best price, but hopefully someone does 15 euros or less for that game)

I want the a bunch of capcom stuff for cheap... DmC, RE:6, RE:R

PriitV

twzw7b1z.jpg

Remote Desktop is being a fickle beast, so allow me to say "cheers, mate". <3

An error was encountered while processing your request:
This item is currently unavailable in your region

:) Can't even buy it, what a wonderful world we live in.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Change your e-mail password if you want to be on the safe side. Literally the only way somebody could gain access to your Steam account if they had access to your e-mail account.

If you use Gmail 2-step verification the odds of someone hijacking your Steam account are about as low as they're gonna get for now. I'd recommend that or a similar service for all accounts that are prone to theft.

Yup, I have two-step verification on for my email and I recommend it for everyone. Since I've got steam guard on I shouldn't have anything to worry about but it's still weird that it happened out of the blue.

JaseC

TW2 is such a departure from TW1, both graphically and in gameplay, that I recommend people to just skip TW1.

Alternative opinion:

I prefer the original to the sequel. It's a significantly bigger game (some consider it to have too much fat, but I can't agree with that), the atmosphere is perpetually dreary and gloomy, and collecting the sex cards is a game in and of itself. The combat is dull, certainly, but that's a mere blemish on an otherwise fantastic package.

CDPR did a great job, with a shitty engine, of crafting a world that felt beleaguered and oppressive. With TW3, I'd like CDPR to replace the sex cards with... anything else. I love collecting things.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
In the Witcher 3 I'm pretty sure you're gonna be able to fuck a mermaid, so I think we should all just wait for that one to come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom